Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favorite beer

Go down 
+12
EvyMetal
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
Tall Tyrion
SAHB Healer
DeathCult
mc666
exact33
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
MetalH
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 7:57 pm

So I've been drinking a lot of beer lately. Been trying different things. I've really started liking Heineken and Fosters. Etum recommended me some Moose Drool. Gotta try that next. What's your favorite beer, or even your favorite adult beverage? I'm a big fan of Irish Car Bombs as well as Jager Bombs. What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 7:59 pm

Hoegaarden and Guinness for me.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:02 pm

Rule number one: If it comes in a can, pass.

Rule number two: stick with true microbrews when possible. Boston Beer Co. (Sam Adams) used to be a micro but not anymore. Still light years better than Budweiser though.

Favorite beer: seasonal brew produced by the local Ofallon Brewery called Pumpkin Ale. Like pumpkin pie in a beer; produced every fall. Just another reason that's my favorite time of year.

Other than that I pretty much stick to Sam Adams Lite (hey, I'm old and can't burn off all the calories in regular beer and this is a light that tastes like a beer). When I splurge, I pick up something by Schlafley Brewery (another local company); I've liked everything they've produced.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:07 pm

I really do like Sierra Nevada and Fat Tire.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:07 pm

Those are both good choices! Especially Fat Tire. Fat Tire on tap rules!

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:08 pm

I'm planning a little night out with the boys to hit some different bars and drink a bunch of stuff on tap. The only thing I've really had on tap is Guiness which is amazing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:10 pm

Anything, and I mean ANYTHING (even a dreaded Anheuser Busch product) tastes better on tap. So get a real microbrew on tap. Find a smaller bar, not a chain; those usually have the local micros on tap.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:13 pm

Here in Reno, we have pleeeennntyyyy of bars around. Most of them have a good selection on tap. Last time we tried to go to the brewery, we were too late, and it was closed so we ended up at this little Irish pub. It was ok, but I really wanted something other than Guiness lol.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:17 pm

I'd imagine that your local bars there would have Sierra Nevada on tap.

I'm not kidding, absolutely ANY beer is better on tap, no matter how crappy the beer is when you buy it in a store. So naturally, a microbrew on tap is going to kick serious beer-ass.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:22 pm

See, I pretty much avoid anything Coors, Bud, Miller, etc... But I will try them on tap. Too many days of drinking that stuff from the keg and playing beer pong. I have some nice memories of Keystone Light. LOL!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:23 pm

Saranac Pale Ale is my fave. But any Pale Ale will do in a pinch; Sierra Nevada makes a nice one.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Saranac Pale Ale is my fave. But any Pale Ale will do in a pinch; Sierra Nevada makes a nice one.

Yeah, if going out drinking, stick with the lighter stuff like Pale Ales.

But personally, for pure taste, I like the heavier beers. I love stouts and dark lagers.

But those styles are hard to drink a lot of.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:36 pm

Anyone venture into the hard liquor areas? I really love me a good gin an tonic!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:38 pm

MetalH wrote:
Anyone venture into the hard liquor areas? I really love me a good gin an tonic!

Yep! I stick with the "white" hard liquors, gin and vodka.

And if I'm doing a "gin and tonic", it's not just any gin. It's gotta be a "Tanqueray and tonic". BTW, vodka tonics are good too.

Plus the quinine in tonic water is actually good for you. It's been shown in studies to fight colds.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:40 pm

Sam Adams Summer Ale

MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:41 pm

I haven't tried the vodka tonic yet, but I've heard good things. Tanqueray is the only gin that I will drink. It's sooooo good. I don't know why I decided to try it, I just thought it'd be cool to try gin, so I mixed my first Tanqueray and tonic and haven't looked back lol.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:44 pm

MetalH wrote:
I haven't tried the vodka tonic yet, but I've heard good things. Tanqueray is the only gin that I will drink. It's sooooo good. I don't know why I decided to try it, I just thought it'd be cool to try gin, so I mixed my first Tanqueray and tonic and haven't looked back lol.

Take my advice; other gins leave you open to nasty hangovers. I never got a hangover from Tangueray. That's definitely my "social drink". I can put away a lot of Tanqueray and tonics and still remain lucid. Moreso than beer actually.

And the vodka tonic tastes essentially the same but without the pinetree smell.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:45 pm

exact33 wrote:
Sam Adams Summer Ale

I can't stand fruit beers (except of course for the pumpkin ale)

The Sam Adams summer brew would be great without that lemon flavor.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:58 pm

i like Sam Adams Boston, but i recently decided to quit drinking alcohol.

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:00 pm

White Russians are my favorite.

Never been to crazy about beer.

I used to drink alot of the cans that just said BEER because I was was a REPO MAN fanatic though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:03 pm

My favorite beer is McEwan's Scotch Ale. Over here it's labeled malt liquor, but that's 'cause this country isn't man enough to cope with real beer. Unfortunately I'm not anymore either. I've had asthma for the past year so I can't drink cold beverages, which curtails the beer and booze. Now I only drink whine. Red port. I haven't had McEwans for months, but it's great stuff, like Guiness except sweeter.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:45 pm

I went to a wedding of some good friends of ours where they had Fat Tire on tap.... I didn't drink all that I could, but I came close.....

I like almost anything, but there are some really good microbrews. Porters or Dark Ales are the best, but I'm not really that picky. I'm enjoying a Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat right now, but a Bud Light would be cool as well.

As for harder fare, if you like a gin and tonic, try a Tom Collins. It's a Gin and Tonic with some sweet and sour mix added in. Delicious! It's my favorite mixed drink by far, and frankly I like it all. I could go on and on about mixed drinks.

And White Russians are great as well, but add a splash of Coca Cola on top and you have a Colorado Bulldog. Just that much better. Cool
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:57 pm

I've been threatening to take up drinking. I'll do it! It sounds like you guys are really passionate about it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:46 pm

Beer to me is ok but Mt Dew is where its at Smile

Alex

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:48 pm

I'm drinking a Yuengling Lager right now. Goooood stuff from the mountains of Pennsylvania!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Your favorite beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite beer   Your favorite beer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorite beer
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next