Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time

Go down 
+8
MetalGuy71
nevermore
TheGooch
skullsmasher
A Handful of Wayne
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Empty
PostSubject: Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time   Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 8:51 pm

Well, in two days, I am going to my first Alice Cooper Concert (late, I know), and I can't wait! I loved Alice Cooper as a kid (along with Smokey and Meat Loaf..great combination) and now I finally get to see him live in the small city of Sonderborg, Denmark, on his Psycho Drama Tour. The set-list is going to be heavily focused on the 70s stuff. Great!

🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘

Last edited by Mglaffas81 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time   Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 8:52 pm

You will love it, Mglaff. I have seen him 3 times so far. Hopefully I'll see him again this tour.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time   Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 8:55 pm

Thanks for the heads-up spec - I'm sure it will be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time   Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 10:33 pm

Way cool, enjoy the show. I saw Alice on the "Operation Rock N Roll Tour" in 1991 (w/Judas Priest, Motorhead, Metal Church and Dangerous Toys) and the Coop blew everybody else off the stage that night!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time   Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 12:55 am

Lucky. He's on my "gotta see live" list. He came close by in '06, but it was a few weeks before I moved here!

angry
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time   Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:04 am

I have still yet to see him and hes played like 10 minutes away from my house. Im hoping he comes back this year and then i'll probably go see him. Ive put that off long enough.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time   Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:32 am

I seen him 9 times over the years, no matter what he plays you will not be disappointed. He is great even at 60. I saw last year on October 30th in New Mexico second row center stage. It was fantastic, he sang a song to my wife and Eric Singer came down and handed my son his drum sticks and I caught a pick. Even if none of that had happened the show would have been as good as any I have ever seen.

Hope you enjoy your show as much as my family did, Give us a review when you get back.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time   Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:18 am

Thanks guys - I'll post a review and some pictures after the show.

- The venue is quite small, and there is no "row ordering" - You just order a ticket, and the first people there get the best seats.

Metal is Forever 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time   Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:20 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Thanks guys - I'll post a review and some pictures after the show.

- The venue is quite small, and there is no "row ordering" - You just order a ticket, and the first people there get the best seats.

Metal is Forever 🤘

They don't do that much here in the States anymore after this:

http://www.crowdsafe.com/taskrpt/index.html
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time   Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 2:40 pm

[/quote]

They don't do that much here in the States anymore after this:

http://www.crowdsafe.com/taskrpt/index.html[/quote]

This way they charge an extra $60.00 for up close than the seats 30 feet back too.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time   Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 2:42 pm

i would like to see alice cooper but as always i cant afford to do everything i would like to
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time   Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 3:28 pm

I caught Alice live back in 2000 and it was one incredible show!! Enjoy the show!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time   Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 3:48 pm

This is one that slipped through the cracks for me. The one opportunity I had to see him live was back in the late 80's/ early 90's (?), during the Trash/Hey Stoopid-era and my friends and I thought we were too cool to see that "old fossil trying to be hip". Ahhhh, stupid youth. I'd like to see him now, but sadly, that will probably never happen.

Enjoy the show!
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time   Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 6:08 pm

I had always heard about Alice's shows and charisma, but it was only recently that I had started to become a fanboy of his music and showmanship.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time   Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:34 pm

He's on my "gotta see before one of us dies" list too. I think I'm going to catch his show in Louisville in August though...
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time   Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:21 am

Selvmord wrote:
He's on my "gotta see before one of us dies" list too. I think I'm going to catch his show in Louisville in August though...

I can't stress enough how everyone should make every attempt possible to see this guy before he hangs up his whip and guillotine for a golf club full time. His shows are like no others, his band whoever he has behind him are always topnotch and he is always the showman. I have an early release of his new album and it is very good too, it may not end up being a classic but it is solid and consistent with his other albums. I like it a lot and I love his concerts. Out of the hundreds of live shows I have attended starting back in 1978 Alice is in the top 5.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time   Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 2:16 pm

Saw him with my son and Waylon and his youngest son...in oct. 2006.

That erection lasted for weeks....

Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time   Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 5:34 pm

I think Marie and I are going to see him on Aug. 15.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time   Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seeing Alice Cooper for the first time
Page 1 of 1