Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nu-metal

Go down 
+9
Velvet Creation
Required Fields
Selvmord
MetalH
Metal Misfit
Chairman_Smith
Olafsto
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Nu-metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu-metal   Nu-metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:15 pm

Okay, we get it. No need to freak out. We're just saying that you can't say something sucks until you hear it all. Don't get all evil.
Nu-metal - Page 3 382568
Back to top Go down

Nu-metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu-metal   Nu-metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:23 pm

I didn't say anything evil I am as nice as pie. I just made my point that I can make statements of disliking a genre without hearing EVERY single Cd.

Now try to get over it and move on.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Nu-metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu-metal   Nu-metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:56 pm

Well would somebody (Eyesore, anybody?) hip me to some of the good stuff? I really tried to learn from the three days of radio, but as I said they only played what sounded to me like muscled up Peal Jam-Live-Pumpkins type pop. Very little that I'd buy to be honest. I'm sure there is better stuff out there, but I'm not finding it so far beyond Disturbed and Seemless and a couple of others.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Nu-metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu-metal   Nu-metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:37 pm

Hey Sahb, Shiney loves this band Deadsy. I guess somewhere in Nu-Metal's orbit but they have a big 80's synth, goth and glam influence running through. Kinda weird, different and cool. The frontman is the son of Gregg Allman and Cher. Worth a listen....

Last edited by rattpoison on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Nu-metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu-metal   Nu-metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:49 pm

PeyoteWereWolf wrote:
You obviously have a problem accpecting that lots of people think nu metal sucks.
That is what fuels your rants not people being uneducated . I am certainly not going to listen to every nu metal album out there especially when every single one of the countless bands I have heard make me ill to my stomach except SOAD. And I have heard a lot of it due to morons trying to "educate " me at work. Nu-metal - Page 3 352445

I didn't say your putting me down . It's a saying ..you know like ..writing me off as ..

Obviously you are the one up in arms about the responces you don't like not me therefor maybe posting is bad for your heart . I personally am unmoved either way about your posts I am just making a point that yes it is OK for me to make a blanket judgement on a genre that I have been hearing repeatedly over and over again since it first came to light without hearing every single band out there. If one day I hear something I like it would be the exception rather than the rule by now without a doubt.

And they do have a united thread that runs though their sounds whether or not you hear it. I hear it and many others hear it as well.
I've met a lot of worthless black folk in my days. Guess I should declare that all black people suck. Would you agree to that sort of thinking?

And I am no up-in-arms about anything. I'm just pointing out that it's ignorant saying an entire genre of music sucks. This is fact. You can spin it any which way you like, but there's no way a statement like "Nu-metal sucks!" will ever sit well with me. And it has nothing to do with nu-metal. Insert any genre into that statement and I'll respond the same way.

You are, of course, welcome to feel that way. I have no issues with that at all. We're all welcome to our opinions, right, wrong, or indifferent. It's just a discussion.
Back to top Go down

Nu-metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu-metal   Nu-metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:54 pm

You tell him, Eyesore! :bangyerhead:
Back to top Go down

Nu-metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu-metal   Nu-metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:08 am

Eyesore wrote:
PeyoteWereWolf wrote:
You obviously have a problem accpecting that lots of people think nu metal sucks.
That is what fuels your rants not people being uneducated . I am certainly not going to listen to every nu metal album out there especially when every single one of the countless bands I have heard make me ill to my stomach except SOAD. And I have heard a lot of it due to morons trying to "educate " me at work. Nu-metal - Page 3 352445

I didn't say your putting me down . It's a saying ..you know like ..writing me off as ..

Obviously you are the one up in arms about the responces you don't like not me therefor maybe posting is bad for your heart . I personally am unmoved either way about your posts I am just making a point that yes it is OK for me to make a blanket judgement on a genre that I have been hearing repeatedly over and over again since it first came to light without hearing every single band out there. If one day I hear something I like it would be the exception rather than the rule by now without a doubt.

And they do have a united thread that runs though their sounds whether or not you hear it. I hear it and many others hear it as well.
I've met a lot of worthless black folk in my days. Guess I should declare that all black people suck. Would you agree to that sort of thinking?

And I am no up-in-arms about anything. I'm just pointing out that it's ignorant saying an entire genre of music sucks. This is fact. You can spin it any which way you like, but there's no way a statement like "Nu-metal sucks!" will ever sit well with me. And it has nothing to do with nu-metal. Insert any genre into that statement and I'll respond the same way.

You are, of course, welcome to feel that way. I have no issues with that at all. We're all welcome to our opinions, right, wrong, or indifferent. It's just a discussion.

Nu Metal sucks sick lol!

That is all .....
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Nu-metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu-metal   Nu-metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:15 am

rattpoison wrote:
Hey Sahb, Shiney loves this band Deadsy. I guess somewhere in Nu-Metal's orbit but they have a big 80's synth, goth and glam influence running through. Kinda weird, different and cool. The frontman is the son of Gregg Allman and Cher. Worth a listen....

Deadsy,thanks. Almost a Nu-metal Tubes or Sparks! Ha! Also Saxon sent me a CD from 2006 by a Minneapolis(?) band called "Skywind"; also Nu-metal with synths but more the heavy Alt sound with old Samael type symphonics. I really like Skywind despite the indie production. I'd go see them if they're still around.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Nu-metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu-metal   Nu-metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:29 am

SAHB Healer wrote:

Deadsy,thanks. Almost a Nu-metal Tubes or Sparks! Ha! Also Saxon sent me a CD from 2006 by a Minneapolis(?) band called "Skywind"; also Nu-metal with synths but more the heavy Alt sound with old Samael type symphonics. I really like Skywind despite the indie production. I'd go see them if they're still around.

Yeah, i call em a technicolor Sister's Of Mercy and Korn signing up for the Tubeway Army!

This kinda stuff is already slipping through the cracks to obscurity.

Last edited by rattpoison on Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Nu-metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu-metal   Nu-metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:30 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Here are some CD's for those of you who like myself might be unimpressed with the Alternative metal that you've been exposed to, but might admit to a fondness for Soundgarden, STP, AiC, Helmet, or Tad Doyle. This will only get you into the mid 90's. I can't help much after that, but this is pretty metallic music. In fact some might see very little Alt influence here in some cases, but I do.

1. Only Living Witness "Prone Mortal Form" (great metal)
2. Chum "Dead to the World" (Proto Nu-metal?)
3. Sex, Love & Money "Era" (diverse and very heavy)
4. Kerbdog- S/T (UK)
5. Only Living Witness "Innocents" (almost as good as #1 above)
6. Sugartooth- S/T (Soundgarden/Tool, but very heavy & brooding)
7. Mindfunk "Dropped" (great metal band goes Alt)
8. Mental Hippie Blood "Pounds" (Swedish)
9. New Idol Sun "Reach" (Stone Temple worshipers, but good)
10. Greta "No Biting" (hardcore/thrash/beatles/prog. Awkward but fascinating)

Is there Nu-metal somewhat on this order?
That is a fantastic list, man! Kerbdog, OLW, Greta, Sugartooth, Chum—hell yeah! Not sure I'd call all of them nu-metal, though. I'd probably say Chum was more nu-metal than not, but the others fall into what I'd call alt-rock/metal. Of course, that's essentially where most nu-metal bands should lie, so it's not a big deal.

As for some of my favorites...here goes (if a video doesn't work, click the link below it):

LO-PRO - SUNDAY (post-Ultraspank)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8xUro9mkgs

GUANO APES - YOU CAN'T STOP ME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfxlzq2Nfno

UNJUST - COME FEEL ME (just a clip, unfortunately)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1dQUXzh6Lk

CINDER - SOUL CREATION *

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xsHfTEhhkw

* This is how the band used to be. I saw them open for Sevendust and 30 Seconds To Mars a few years back and they blew me away. Their album never came out, though, and the record company owns it. They eventually put out a completely different album, but it's of a much lighter, radio-friendly style. Nothing like the song above, which is awesome!

10 YEARS - WASTELAND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciuca4d2Ttg

DOG FASHION DISCO - POGO THE CLOWN (unofficial...and awesome)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhVYFasfA8k

POLKADOT CADAVER - WOLF IN JESUS SKIN (unoffical...and stupid)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzJ0jJmmLX4

FLAW - WHOLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbCdjrj0DYk

FIVE.BOLT.MAIN - THE GIFT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiYJPIOtqiw

That's enough for now.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Nu-metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu-metal   Nu-metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:35 am

Should I bother looking for any of those at Wal-mart tonight, or should I just go right to mail order? I don't recall any of that from the radio. Anyway thanks for the list, I really appreciate it. cool
Back to top Go down

Nu-metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu-metal   Nu-metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:02 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Should I bother looking for any of those at Wal-mart tonight, or should I just go right to mail order? I don't recall any of that from the radio. Anyway thanks for the list, I really appreciate it. cool
Walmart would probably only have 10 Years. They're fairly mainstream. Great band, though. Like A Perfect Circle, but less self-indulgent.

I wouldn't order any of those unless you've done some research into them. Flaw and Five.Bolt.Main sound identical. Both bands have the same singer, and I believe Five.Bolt.Main has at least one other Flaw member in the band. Great stuff, though. Awesome melodies and hooks.

Dog Fashion Disco is like Mr. Bungle, only ten times better. They don't go off on nonsense. Where Bungle had great moments, DFD had great songs and albums. They've broken up, though. Polkadot Cadaver is a few of the band members' new band, and it's got a serious DFD feel to it. Very cool band with awesome lyrics.

Unjust are just an indie band, but very good. I've always liked them. Lo-Pro is like a more radio-friendly Ultraspank. Great hooks, though, and the singer has a killer voice. And Guano Apes is an excellent German band. They've also broken up, but I think they were very unique in their style. Sandra can wail, though. And she gets heavy, too, without going girly screamo. Just heavy. It's very cool.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Nu-metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu-metal   Nu-metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:26 am

rattpoison wrote:

Not my style at all. I never liked this style during the eighties, don't like it now. Nu-metal - Page 3 352445

But..........

Good songwriting. They know how to tell a story through song. The structure is right on. cool

Good sound. They have a lot of dynamics in the music. Melody and instrumentation, while again not my style, are done well. cool

Bottom line, not for me, but they have a lot to offer. One of my main beefs with "nu-metal" is that what I have heard is monotone and lacking in basic song structure. I don't care how heavy Nu-metal - Page 3 4782 you are, if you can't write a good song with an intelligible structure, it's noise, not music. Nu-metal - Page 3 352445
Back to top Go down

Nu-metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu-metal   Nu-metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 2:20 am

I really dig Deadsy. I can't listen to them in long doses, but they're very good. And do a sweet "Tom Sawyer" cover. Rush would rule if Geddy Lee stopped whining.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Nu-metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu-metal   Nu-metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 2:39 am

Eyesore wrote:
I really dig Deadsy. I can't listen to them in long doses, but they're very good. And do a sweet "Tom Sawyer" cover. Rush would rule if Geddy Lee stopped whining.

I'm the total sucker for that sort of cheese in any genre, going way back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nu-metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nu-metal   Nu-metal - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nu-metal
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3