Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo Empty
PostSubject: Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo   Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:37 pm

On my last trip to Virgin I got three albums from bands I never knew existed until then. They would have been blind purchases (something I just can't do anymore with a limited budget-and so many damn albums out there) if Virgin did't have a way to hear samples from most of the CDs they carry. This one is Human Zoo-Over The Horizon

Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo Humanzoolw6

There is some weird band that has the same name that has been around for a while but these guys are NOT them. This is heavy melodic rock (if it were the 80s these guys would be lumped in with the hair bands). Once again from Germany, these guys have made quite a name for themselves with their debut Precious Times and now their sophmore release, Over The Horizon. This is another pleasant discovery that will undoubtly make it into, if not my top 10, then top 20 CDs of 2008. This is melodic hard rock the way it's supposed to be only they've also added some saxaphone (a member just for that instrument) that sets them apart from others in their genre. Vocalist Thomas Seeburger has an amazing voice and is one of the most noticable features of these guys. I like this one so much that, like Axxis, I must get the previous release and will be watching these guys from now on. Another thing to say about this album is that it is produced by PC69 bassist Dennis Ward.

Here is two songs in one video from youtube from the first album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kv3DlP0rGw

Other songs, mostly from the album I have, can be heard on their myspace page:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=73438944
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo   Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:43 pm

This album has been on on my want list for a while. I hope I stumble across it someday.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo   Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 3:51 pm

Oh Mr. Eyesore....

Tohorecords has you covered...

PostSubject: Re: Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo   Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 4:42 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Oh Mr. Eyesore....

Tohorecords has you covered...
Oi! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo   Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 5:22 pm

Get a room you two..... lol!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo   Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:05 pm

I really should have put this in the other section considering it is really hard rock. The vocalist really reminds me of Michael Sweet in the higher registers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo   Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:22 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I really should have put this in the other section considering it is really hard rock. The vocalist really reminds me of Michael Sweet in the higher registers.
Huh? Hard rock would go in this section.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo   Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 8:45 am

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Huh? Hard rock would go in this section.

The metal section actually says:

Quote :
The place for hard rock and heavy metal in general

That is what I meant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo   Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 9:23 am

Hmmm...so does this one.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo   Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 9:37 am

Eyesore wrote:
Hmmm...so does this one.

I always thought that

Quote :
Forum for non-metal/hard rock-related music discussion

meant non-metal and non-hard rock music. Either way it ultimatly is unimportant where certain bands are posted (though some people around here-not me or you-act as if it was) as long as it's not too much of a long shot (like posting The Beatles in the HOM section or Sepultura in the IOR&R section).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo   Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recent Discoveries Pt. 2-Human Zoo
Page 1 of 1