Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dave Holland erased

Go down 
+10
DallasBlack
sam
Todd Jaymz
ultmetal
DeathCult
INVADERS
Olafsto
Fat Freddy
mc666
Troublezone
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Dave Holland erased Empty
PostSubject: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 7:57 pm

Well it seems that Priest decided to erase Dave Holland from their past but at the same time fail to condemn his child molesting. He performed on two of their most popular records (SFV/British Steel) so i'm not sure that what they did is right... i think they should aknoledge him but also condemn his actions.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=100506
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 9:36 pm

Child molesting? That said "sexual harassment." What did he do?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 9:37 pm

He "sexually harrassed" one of his male boy apprentices with his penis.

Seriously. The guy is scum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 9:48 pm

Quote :
i think they should aknoledge him but also condemn his actions.

Yeah. It's a difficult spot for the band.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 10:39 pm

i think they are just trying to keep themselves at a distance from it. a wise choice for them.

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:00 pm

spectrefate wrote:
He "sexually harrassed" one of his male boy apprentices with his penis.

Seriously. The guy is scum.
Ah. Yeah, not all that cool.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:06 pm

Dave Holland is currently serving an eight year prison term in England for molesting a handicapped boy who was taking drum lessons from him. He's threatening to publish an autobiography when he gets out that will "set the record straight."

Looking forward to that one, Dave... NOT!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 2:21 am

mc666 wrote:
i think they are just trying to keep themselves at a distance from it. a wise choice for them.

Agreed..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:25 am

Dave Holland should be shot with smurf poo...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:39 am

INVADERS wrote:
Dave Holland should be shot with smurf poo...

The filter actually made this statement even better. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:44 am

mc666 wrote:

Definately. It wouldve been nice to see full band pictures in the box set though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:10 pm

LOL forgot about the filter
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:20 pm

Ha! I love the filter. I makes some statements even funnier.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:02 pm

Thats sick, pedifiles and pitbulls are 2 things that should be put down-TJ
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:23 pm

Todd Jaymz wrote:
Thats sick, pedifiles should be put down-TJ

that's true, right move for priest; sidestep the question and bury the past. keeps the controversy down, its good that they didn't try to extort it to sell the new album
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:11 am

What would they do if Glenn Tipton or KK Downing did the same thing as Holland?? Imagine trying to erase one those guys.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:06 pm

Todd Jaymz wrote:
Thats sick, pedifiles and pitbulls are 2 things that should be put down-TJ

Well the Supreme court ruled that putting pedifiles out of society is cruel and unusual because nobody is killed (just the child's innocence).

Last edited by DallasBlack on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:13 pm

The "victim" was actually about 16-17 years old, if I recall correctly. He isn't a pedophile, but an ephebophile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:19 pm

Required Fields wrote:
He isn't a pedophile, but an ephebophile.

I had to look that one up. Thanks for building my word power. :lift:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:54 pm

Required Fields wrote:

You can call him Suzie for all I care. The guy needs to be eliminated. I don't care if he kept a steady 4/4 beat for Priest in the 80's or not.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:58 pm

He was not one of Priest's better drummers anyway. Even the band acknowledges that. He was just lucky enough to be along for the ride during their most popular period (i.e. the early to mid '80s).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:23 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

You can call him Suzie for all I care. The guy needs to be eliminated. I don't care if he kept a steady 4/4 beat for Priest in the 80's or not.

Love the new avatar Spec! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:59 pm

Well 1st off you have to prove he did it. There hasn't been any proof on it. He was convicted, but that don't make him guilty. IF in fact he did do it, then yes he should spend the rest of his life behind bars or something more extreme.

To say he was one of their better drummers, I don't think so. Les Binks blew him away, and Scott Travis plays over him by miles.

I think it's wrong to erase him from everything he did though. He was a part of the band and played on most of their most popular albums. Tony Iommi also erased him from the 7th Star Demo's when he released those on CD and had his tracks replaced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 3:13 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Well 1st off you have to prove he did it. There hasn't been any proof on it. He was convicted, but that don't make him guilty.

Lord knows I don't want a big discussion about this Smile But....

What other earthly judgement is ther other than being convicted by a court? I don't know if you believe in God's judgement but even that will come too late for him to be punished on Earth.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 3:35 pm

Lurideath wrote:

I think it's wrong to erase him from everything he did though. He was a part of the band and played on most of their most popular albums. Tony Iommi also erased him from the 7th Star Demo's when he released those on CD and had his tracks replaced.

Yea, Tony had someone else re-do the drum tracks on the "7th Star" stuff before they were officially released... I believe he said at the time he "didn't want to be associated with Dave's troubles" or words to that effect.

However, I don't believe that Priest erased Dave's performances from the earlier albums (I imagine that would've been a lot of work for Scott Travis, not to mention quite an expense to re-track all those songs!) ... they just cropped his image out of any photos in the "Metalogy" box set packaging and book, which seems fair enough. Dave's criminal behavior is well known public record now, and I guess the band didn't want their fans to think "hey, there's the kid-toucher!" every time they flipped open their Metalogy box set and saw Dave Holland in a group shot.

Hell, half the time when you see a pic of Judas Priest in a magazine, it's just Halford, Tipton and Downing anyway... think about it, Ian Hill has been the "invisible" member of Judas Priest for most of their career!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Holland erased   Dave Holland erased Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave Holland erased
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next