Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52

Go down 
+4
corplhicks
tohostudios
nevermore
brokentulsa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52 Empty
PostSubject: Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52   Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 2:38 pm

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/cry-of-love-singer-kelly-holland-dead-at-52/

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52   Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 2:49 pm

Read this sad news on Facebook yesterday. Cry Of Love was a great band. R.I.P. Kelly
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52   Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 6:05 pm

Yeah I saw this on sleazeroxx.  That first Cry Of Love album is golden.  My favorite song from that album is this one:

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52   Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 6:11 pm

I also really dig the Bad Company vibe of this track:

I've always really dug the dude's voice. RIP.  R.I.P. 

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52   Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 8:28 pm

Oh man. They blew me away when they first hit the scene. Especially his voice. RIP indeed.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52   Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 1:15 am

Ah, man. That blows. That debut Cry Of Love album is so brilliant! Such a shame. The follow-up was okay, but it just wasn't the same band without him on vocals. They had a number of unreleased songs from that era, too. Hopefully someday they'll see the light of day.

You can nab his band Sub Dog's lone EP from Amazon for $1.98.

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Sense-Sun-Dog/dp/B0019A4SSA

Anyway, I'm a big fan. Bummed to hear this. =(
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52   Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 4:44 pm

I REALLY dug that first album! That guy was an excellent singer! R.I.P.

Bonus track from his era? Gotta check those out. I did check out Sun Dog and then forgot about it.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52   Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 10:23 pm

Dug them especially the Bad Company vibe like someone mentioned earlier, hell they had more of Bad Company vibe then the Brian Howe version of Bad Company that existed at the time.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52   Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 9:23 am

Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52 006

I have an extra copy of this disc if anyone is interested...

Includes alt version/acoustic versions of these songs:

1. Bad Thing
2. Peace Pipe
3. I Ain't Superstitious
4. Too Cold in the Winter (acoustic)

According to the liner notes they played for hours and recorded something like 35 songs! Wonder where they are hidden...

Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52 007

You can listen to them here: http://grooveshark.com/#!/profile/Cry+Of+Love/22219079

Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52 MannheimGermany5-24-94-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52   Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cry Of Love singer Holland dead at 52
Page 1 of 1