Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]

Go down 
+38
Mordor
ghost
Hamer12
Zdan
jstate
Fat Freddy
Invader
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
TheGooch
Stender
XYZ
sovdat
EvyMetal
nevermore
Wargod
DeathCult
HellRaiser
tohostudios
kmorg
MetalRob331
scottmitchell74
SAHB Healer
rattpoison
Required Fields
Shiney
GrandNational
Trial by Fire
Olafsto
Thrasher73
ensiferum2k
A Handful of Wayne
the sentinel
exact33
SideShowDisaSter
DallasBlack
krokus
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
That's the coffin box, right? Never did buy a copy of that.

I got it cheap in brand new form from Newbury Comics, I couldn't pass it up.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
That's the coffin box, right? Never did buy a copy of that.

Yep.

I have stuff like Static Age but they sound like crap. Since these are remastered, I'm hoping they sound better.

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:59 pm

Bad news toho, the Static Age in the box set is the same you have. It was released on CD for the first time through this box set and then they released it seperately about 6 months to a year later. I think that's what you have.

The Misfits' old stuff wasn't recorded well. I don't think they could ever get it to sound good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:01 pm

Nah, the Misfits albums will always sound like crap. Haha.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:04 pm

Quote :
You can argue that Caroline didn't really make a great effort to put this box set together since they basically stuffed a bunch of CD's you can buy individually into a cardboard coffin. However, when you consider how much it would cost to purchase each CD on it's own, it becomes evident how much of a bargain this collection actually is.

Let's examine the contents:

Disc 1: Collection I and II

Both of these essential compilations (especially Collection I) feature some of the band's very best tracks. You can't go wrong here!

Disc 2: Legacy of Brutality, Evil Live, and Earth AD

In my opinion, the weakest disc in this collection due to "Legacy's" terrible 80's remix of earlier material, a very overrated and poorly recorded live album, and the pedestrian hardcore of "Earth AD". Still, you get three individual CD's worth of material on one disc.

Disc 3: Previously unreleased studio rehearsal and demo tracks.

No doubt, what Caroline was hoping to lure hardcore Misfits fans with. Lots of song repetition here, but a worthy listen none the less.

Disc 4: Static Age

A masterpiece. Compare how much better these mixes are to the washed out tracks on "Legacy of Brutality". Featuring such tender and politically correct ditties as "Last Caress", "Attitude" and "Bullet", this is thee definitive Misfits album. Yes, even better than "Walk Among Us".

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Are the CDs in sleeves or jewelcases?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:08 pm

The original was CDs in plastic embossed cases (nifty, but not able to be replaced), the reissued one has 2 double jewel cases.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:35 pm

KING DIAMOND - Give Me Your Soul...Please
ALCHEMIST - Astral Alien
The Maiden Years - Tribute to Iron Maiden
BRAINSTORM - Downburst

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:00 am

WARRIOR-Ancient Future
BARREN CROSS-Atomic Arena
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:47 am

HELIX - Rockin`you for 30 years
ONSLAUGHT - In search of sanity
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:01 pm

Just one today:

Drama Queen Die - Angels With Filthy Souls
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:05 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
WARRIOR-Ancient Future
BARREN CROSS-Atomic Arena

Stay out of my collection.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:20 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Just one today:

I don't care what the music sounds like, that band name rules!

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:26 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Just one today:

I don't care what the music sounds like, that band name rules!
They're a really good and sleazy rock band. The singers voice has sort of gotten worse on the last two albums, though. It really sounds like he's recording this stuff in his apartment, or his parent's house, and he doesn't want to wake people up, or he's too shy and doesn't want people to really hear him. It sounds like stuff I did in the Air Force, trying to quietly record stuff in dorm rooms without people complaining.

Either way, a really good band, and the name does kick ass!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:
It sounds like stuff I did in the Air Force, trying to quietly record stuff in dorm rooms without people complaining.

Dear Audio Diary:

How can I be myself when everytime I get in the shower with these hot sweaty mens, I get even hotter and more bothereder? I sometimes wish I was in a cockpit with Johnny and he was telling me to "Pull Up! Pull Up!" Oh I gotta go, I think someone can hear me.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:33 pm

so very very wrong!!

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:59 pm

Atheist - Elements
Hallows Eve - Tales Of Terror

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 5:25 pm

Pearl Jam - Vitalogy
Pearl Jam - No Code
Pearl Jam - Binaural
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 5:42 pm

Just arrived:

Raydead - End In Sight

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 6:01 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
It sounds like stuff I did in the Air Force, trying to quietly record stuff in dorm rooms without people complaining.

Dear Audio Diary:

How can I be myself when everytime I get in the shower with these hot sweaty mens, I get even hotter and more bothereder? I sometimes wish I was in a cockpit with Johnny and he was telling me to "Pull Up! Pull Up!" Oh I gotta go, I think someone can hear me.
lol!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 7:34 pm

Nutz-S/T
Nutz- Nutz Too
Nutz- Hard Nuts

Why? I don't even like this band that much. It must be the pistachios I ate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 7:35 pm

How awesome is that to find your mailbox full of Nutz? It's like Richard Simmons' wet dream.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 8:19 pm

I've never thought of that. If I had I think I'd have stopped at two Nutz, rather than adding the third.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 8:21 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
I've never thought of that. If I had I think I'd have stopped at two Nutz, rather than adding the third.

Nah, then you'd just be like everyone else. That third one makes you "special".

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 9:21 pm

New additions this week are:

Velvet Revolver-Libertad
Otep-Ascension
Steve Morse Band-Coast to Coast
Talking Heads-Little Creatures
I have ordered Helloween-Keeper of the Seven Keys Part 2 but It has not arrived yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next