Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I had a dream!

Go down 
+2
Required Fields
Metal Misfit
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

I had a dream! Empty
PostSubject: I had a dream!   I had a dream! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 8:04 pm

Last night I had a dream about Metallica searching for a new singer. This whole lead singer search was being filmed as a documentary. James was still in the band, but for some reason, they just wanted someone else to sing the songs.

Bret Michaels jammed with them as part of the auditions and did a pretty darn good job. They weren't playing thrash, but it was still heavy metal and the new song had a pretty cool groove and was very catchy. Bret was doing a great job on the vocals with a rapid fire delivery. A Bret Michaels fronted Metallica sounded great, but after he left the auditions, Lars & James were talking about how they didn't think he fit the band's image.

Also mentioned by Lars & James to have auditioned (but not seen in the dream) were none other than Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley! I think, possibly, Aerosmith as a whole auditioned for the lead singer spot as well, but that's kinda hazy.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

I had a dream! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream!   I had a dream! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 8:50 pm

Yikes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

I had a dream! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream!   I had a dream! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:19 pm

Was Lars wearing a bathrobe?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

I had a dream! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream!   I had a dream! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:37 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Last night I had a dream about Metallica searching for a new singer. This whole lead singer search was being filmed as a documentary. James was still in the band, but for some reason, they just wanted someone else to sing the songs.

Bret Michaels jammed with them as part of the auditions and did a pretty darn good job. They weren't playing thrash, but it was still heavy metal and the new song had a pretty cool groove and was very catchy. Bret was doing a great job on the vocals with a rapid fire delivery. A Bret Michaels fronted Metallica sounded great, but after he left the auditions, Lars & James were talking about how they didn't think he fit the band's image.

Also mentioned by Lars & James to have auditioned (but not seen in the dream) were none other than Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley! I think, possibly, Aerosmith as a whole auditioned for the lead singer spot as well, but that's kinda hazy.

Laughing very hard

Well, your dream really isn't that much of a leap, when you consider Metallica were looking at replacing Hetfield from behind the mic after the "Kill 'Em All For One" tour, so James could concentrate on guitar. They made a serious push to go after John Bush of Armored Saint, but he was too faithful of a guy, and stayed with Saint.

Hetfield and other Metallica members said that Glenn Danzig would've be great front man for the band. I always thought that would've been an interesting move.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

I had a dream! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream!   I had a dream! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:34 am

i had a dream i was doing 2 chicks at once while my wife watched. my wife has since assured me, it was definitely just a dream.

I had a dream! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream!   I had a dream! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 3:48 pm

mc666 wrote:
i had a dream i was doing 2 chicks at once while my wife watched. my wife has since assured me, it was definitely just a dream.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

I had a dream! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream!   I had a dream! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 4:13 pm

Ha, that's great.
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

I had a dream! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream!   I had a dream! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 4:53 pm

I had a dream! Dreamsicle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I had a dream! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I had a dream!   I had a dream! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I had a dream!
Page 1 of 1