Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times

Go down 
+4
scottmitchell74
Wargod
James B.
MetalRob331
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times Empty
PostSubject: Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times   Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 10:44 pm

So since I get a bunch of new CDs in each week, usually daily, I figured I'd share some of the awesome songs I come across. I'll try to update this each day (I'll edit this first post), and I'll leave the MP3s up for a week before deleting them. Hopefully some of you will give the tunes a listen and discover some new bands. So here goes...

June 20, 2008:

MONKEY BUSINESS - SEPARATE WAYS (Journey cover)

* The song has some jitter errors toward the end.

I've been saying for ages that I wished a metal band would cover this tune. Monkey Business is no metal band, but this is a cool cover. Their album The Noble Art of Wasting Time is just $5 from CD Baby. Well worth it, if you like gritty, sleazy, 80s rock.

CROWN OF THORNS - THE RAIN

Wow! This song is flat out kicking my ass! It's so damn good. I almost passed on this disc called Breakthrough today. The cover looks cheesy as hell, and the band members look like Bootsy Collins rejects. Seriously. Something about the song titles caught my eye, though, and at $1.99 for a limited edition two-disc album, I figured it was worth a try. This was either going to be funky R&B kind of crap, or rock.

Rock it is! AOR awesomeness, to be precise (and cheesy). But seriously, I bought 20 CDs today, gave each a quick run-through to see if I want to keep it or trade it. Outside of that, though, Breakthrough hasn't stopped playing. I ripped both discs and have had them on shuffle for a few hours now. Absolutely fantastic album.

A little research tells me they're a long-running AOR band, with band leader Jean Beauvoir once being a member of the legenday Plasmatics. He kind of sounds like Michael Bolton, to be honest. Either way, "The Rain"—which is on the bonus disc—is awesome! And it's pretty damn sweet that I scored the limited edition 2CD UK version of Breakthrough. Now I need to find their other albums.

6/21/2008:

MANIFEST - BUDAYA

Years ago, a girl I knew online sent me a cassette dub of a compilation called Myx Metal Assault. It featured a bunch of unsigned bands from Singapore, where she was from. The compilation is pretty killer! Many years later, I was able to find a CD copy at Sentinel Steel for $5.88. Well worth it! It features six bands—Noize Unit, Tri-Ryche, Zeotz, Dethmute, Manifest, X-Concept—and each band does two songs each. Manifest and Zeotz are my favorites from the CD. I've posted the Zeotz tracks before, because they sound like lost Metallica demos from the early 80s.

Anyway, this one track is called "Budaya." Who knows what it means. The whole song is sung in another language. It has a sort of Sepultura tribal groove, and I love it. Dig it!

July 2, 2008:

ICED EARTH - A CHARGE TO KEEP (Barlow Version)

Don't really need to talk about this one. It's the iTunes exclusive track from the I Walk Among You EP. Kind of lame it's not on the CD, but here it is all the same. It is awesome, too!

"A Charge To Keep" is my favorite track from Framing Armageddon, and Barlow does a killer job. Not sure which version I like better, though. Right now I'm leaning toward the Owens version, as I think I like the way Owens raises "charge"—in the "It's my charge to keep" line—up an octave. Barlow's version is great, though. And he does nail that high note before the second chorus!

This song is just awesome all around. Top 10 Iced Earth tune, in my book.

MYLIDIAN - CHAOS PROPHET
MYLIDIAN - LUST WITH SUCCUBUS

I was listening to Birth of the Prophet by this band today, and it's still fantastic. A few years ago I happened across an MP3 from the album on some random French forum. I thought the song—"Chaos Prophet," I believe—was awesome. So I went about seeking out the album. Not an easy task. Eventually I settled for a Russian import on Irond, which turned out great because it was an officially licensed version through the band. Nothing cheap or bootleggy about it.

The album is a concept album, the first in a series of three. The next installment will be called The Seven Lords, or something like that. I reviewed the album HERE, if anyone cares to read a bit more into it. Stylistically, the album is a mix of symphonic metal, like After Forever, power metal and black metal. The male singer wears a lot of hats on this one, and he does a great job, but his gruff vocal—the beginning of "Chaos Prophet," for instance—can take a bit getting used to. But give it a chance because I think that's part of what makes it all a bit unique.

July 3, 2008:

Today, instead of a song, or songs, I upload an EP from a band called Heathendom. They're a doom metal band from Greece. Like Solitude Aeturnus, they're not strictly doom, mixing in a lot of power metal and old school metal reminiscent of King Diamond. A fantastic band. They have a new album coming out in a few days called Nescience. So in celebration, I upload their long out of print self-titled debut demo (cover art here, if you'd like it).

The demo is awesome! I still play it all the time. Samples from the upcoming album can be found here. I encourage downloading the demo and buying the new album.

HEATHENDOM DEMO (Zipped)

More to come...

Last edited by Eyesore on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:56 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times   Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 10:51 pm

i dont mind that Rain song it reminds me of something JSS wouldve done solo..
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times   Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:14 am

Regarding Crown of Thorns:

I have heard stuff by them here and there on various compilation cds over the years and liked it enough to listen. Never have purchased anything though.

Jean Beauvoir has co-written some KIss tunes with Paul Stanley and I believe he was a member of Little Steven and The Disciples of Soul.

Thanks for posting
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times   Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 4:21 pm

Is this the German band Crown Of Thorns?

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times   Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:08 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Is this the German band Crown Of Thorns?

Wargod48
No, they're a UK band. There's also about 50 hardcore bands named Crown of Thorns. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times   Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 9:05 pm

Added a new track.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times   Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 9:28 pm

The tribal one isn't bad. There's something I like when metal bands incorporate tribal, ethnic, cultural influences in their metal. It seems to work most of the time for me.

I'm ready for some Dinka Metal!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times   Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:16 pm

James B. wrote:

Jean Beauvoir has co-written some KIss tunes with Paul Stanley and I believe he was a member of Little Steven and The Disciples of Soul.

Jean Beauvoir was also a Plasmatic.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times   Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:22 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
The tribal one isn't bad. There's something I like when metal bands incorporate tribal, ethnic, cultural influences in their metal. It seems to work most of the time for me.

I'm ready for some Dinka Metal!

yep I agree Scotty.I love the tribal stuff.Thats what I loved about Sepultura.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times   Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 4:15 am

Forgot about this one while my internet access was off at home. I updated it with an Iced Earth track and two from a French band called Mylidian.

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times   Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 10:57 pm

Updated again. Dig it! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times   Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 6:57 pm

Anyone really care about this sort of thing? Not being whiney or anything; I just don't want to waste my time, you know?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times   Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:24 pm

I'm checking 'em out. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times   Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 1:05 pm

Thanks for the Iced Earth tune Soreman
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times   Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 2:35 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Thanks for the Iced Earth tune Soreman
It's a really good version!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times   Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eyesore's Outstanding Upload(s) at Random Times
Page 1 of 1