Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest-Nostradamus review

Go down 
+2
Zé Metal & Company
the sentinel
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Judas Priest-Nostradamus review Empty
PostSubject: Judas Priest-Nostradamus review   Judas Priest-Nostradamus review Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 4:19 am

Well, I bought Nostradamus at Best-Buy and really was not expecting much. To be honest, the songs I had heard hadn't impressed me. That's because there are no songs that are meant to be "singles" or "hits" so to speak, and Nostradamus is an album where you have to listen to the whole thing (even though it's long as hell) to fully appreciate it. Musically, it's like.....well, you can tell it's Judas Priest, but not the same guys from the 80s. They're different, but still the same. Hard to explain. Anyway, Nostradamus has some great songwriting with Rob's singing being better than ever! I would have liked a few more KK and Glen twin solos, but oh well. All in all, a good album that should leave Priest fans satisfied. headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest-Nostradamus review   Judas Priest-Nostradamus review Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 11:42 pm

I thought were plenty of solos.

I would've liked more riff-based metal. Still a phenominal album, though. Priest has definitely shown a musical side of them that I didn't know was there.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest-Nostradamus review   Judas Priest-Nostradamus review Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 11:38 am

Schbopo wrote:
Well, I bought Nostradamus at Best-Buy and really was not expecting much. To be honest, the songs I had heard hadn't impressed me. That's because there are no songs that are meant to be "singles" or "hits" so to speak, and Nostradamus is an album where you have to listen to the whole thing (even though it's long as hell) to fully appreciate it. Musically, it's like.....well, you can tell it's Judas Priest, but not the same guys from the 80s. They're different, but still the same. Hard to explain. Anyway, Nostradamus has some great songwriting with Rob's singing being better than ever! I would have liked a few more KK and Glen twin solos, but oh well. All in all, a good album that should leave Priest fans satisfied. headbanger

Kudos on a good summation. I grabbed it the moment it came out but held off commenting until after a few good spins to let it really sink in. The first thing that struck me was, as you said, how great Halford sounds. DallasBlack said somewhere else on this board that "Priest were in a zone" with this album and I concur 100% with his statement. They really went to another place to create this. As a Priest fan, like many of us, for nearly 25 years ( and owning thier entire catalogue) it's certainly like nothing they have ever done before. And for that I am glad. I applaud them for taking a new and different musical direction; and, imho, traveling that road very successfully. As Eyesore said, we knew what to expect because the band was very upfront about this concept album, so those that don't like it should not cry foul as though they were misled in some way. Overall, I really like this album and have absolutely no complaints. Long live the Metal Gods!!!!
🤘
Back to top Go down
Zé Metal & Company
Metal novice
Metal novice
Zé Metal & Company

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest-Nostradamus review   Judas Priest-Nostradamus review Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 3:21 pm

Priest forever ,great albun y like very match
Back to top Go down
AngelRipper16
Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest-Nostradamus review   Judas Priest-Nostradamus review Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 10:53 am

I like "Nostradamus" much better than "Angel Of Retribution". Although the latter was more Metal through and through, I think the newest is more focused and delivered with more strength and honesty. And Halford delivers here... the scream at the end of the song "Alone" is divine! Judas Priest-Nostradamus review 604261
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest-Nostradamus review   Judas Priest-Nostradamus review Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:16 pm

Nostradamus is amazing. This is a great album. Judas Priest have chosen to explore new grounds and have done it. this why they're the true metal Gods.

I just wish that their next album will be a la painkiller.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest-Nostradamus review   Judas Priest-Nostradamus review Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:03 am

I listened to Priest's Nostradamus on Spotify over the weekend. It's not as godawful as many made it out to be. It's not the straightforward kick in the nuts that one would expect from Priest, but I found it enjoyable (although it's in no danger of becoming a favorite of mine).

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest-Nostradamus review   Judas Priest-Nostradamus review Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:10 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I listened to Priest's Nostradamus on Spotify over the weekend. It's not as godawful as many made it out to be. It's not the straightforward kick in the nuts that one would expect from Priest, but I found it enjoyable (although it's in no danger of becoming a favorite of mine).

I like the album also but it takes the awhile for it to sink in, and honestly my opinion on the album still all over the place, I am more impressed that this far into their career that they are still willing to take chances and stretch their wings creatively
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest-Nostradamus review   Judas Priest-Nostradamus review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest-Nostradamus review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: The Hurting Words-
Jump to: