Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Fav Ignorant Uncle

Go down 
+10
EvyMetal
rattpoison
kmorg
GrandNational
Lurideath
DeathCult
Troublezone
TrogDawn
Fat Freddy
mc666
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 12:06 am

Is PC on Paranoid? Well, then, I didn't even pay attn' when listening to that then.

I got a box set called Wheels of Confusion 70-87, or something and listened to it all day. I couldn't wait to get to the Dio stuff. The 70's stuff still does absolutely nothing for me, except, I kinda dug "Never Say Die". It almost had a commercial appeal to it.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 12:16 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Is PC on Paranoid? Well, then, I didn't even pay attn' when listening to that then.

I got a box set called Wheels of Confusion 70-87, or something and listened to it all day. I couldn't wait to get to the Dio stuff. The 70's stuff still does absolutely nothing for me, except, I kinda dug "Never Say Die". It almost had a commercial appeal to it.

What not even Hole In The Sky, you would be hard pressed to find any red blooded heavy metal fan that doesn't like that song.

Trogdawn wrote:
One of the Sabbath covers I've heard that I was most impressed with was KYUSS' version of "Into the Void".
They gave that song a really cool flavor when they did it - particularly the mid-section.

They shook Black Sabbath's 'Into The Void' with The Stooges and then baked it in the desert sun, which is pretty much their sound.

The best Black Sabbath cover i've heard other than Hanoi Rocks cover of Black Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 4:50 am

those pictures. too big.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Hanoi Rocks cover of Black Sabbath.
What? mp3 please! greedy

Does anyone have L.A. GUNS' Black Sabbath cover from the Jap version of American Hardcore_? surprised

EvyMetal wrote:
those pictures. too big.
your post. too bad.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:56 am

I like Planet Caravan. It's a nice prog song.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:51 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Hell yeah it is. Anyone who says differently is obviously ganked. grim reaper
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 2:44 am

Do you think Ozzy's later career as a cartoonish clown makes it hard for some people to get into his Sabbath era or take it seriously?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 3:08 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Do you think Ozzy's later career as a cartoonish clown makes it hard for some people to get into his Sabbath era or take it seriously?

No doubt that definately takes away from them for some people. But their place is secured in music history, and nothing Ozzy does now can take away from this.

I would challenge anyone to come up with bands that have had more of an impact on rock music than original Black Sabbath from music that is post-60's/Beatles/Stones etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:47 am

TrogDawn wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:
Hell yeah it is. Anyone who says differently is obviously ganked. grim reaper

I'm obviously ganked. Neutral
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:53 am

I ignore here and now Ozzy and enjoy Sabbath's first two despite his behavior. I never cared for solo Ozzy, anyhow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:55 am

I'm so burnt out on Ozzy Sabbath. Everytime I go over to Trog's house he's like "Here listen to this new Sabbath boot I got, and put this ball in your mouth and shut the fu*k up!"

It gets a little old.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 7:12 am

lol! Would changing the ball's color help? Maybe a more soothing color? Red raises internal alarms, I suppose. Maybe baby-blue?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 7:20 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
lol! Would changing the ball's color help? Maybe a more soothing color? Red raises internal alarms, I suppose. Maybe baby-blue?

I never get to see the ball. He doesn't have any mirrors in his shed. Changing the color wouldn't help.

Maybe the implementation of some sort of Nerf prodding object would greatly reduce the pain I receive, to replace the Garden Weasel he currently uses.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 7:22 am

You know, this sounds like a "you" problem. Stop being so whiney and just appreciate Troggy for once.

Planet Caravan is not a song I enjoy, either.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 10:09 am

I like both versions, but if I had to choose, I'll take Sabbath. Great song for big headphones, a lava lamp and your smoke of choice. listening to music
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:54 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:

I would say both yes and no. I think more people are aware of Sabbath because of TV Ozzy, and that might even have helped the Sabs latter career. I even dare say that it helped to get them back on track as legends. Before Ozzy rejoined, they weren't exactly brigin' the headlines out. But if more people takes them seriously or not, I dunno.

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:56 pm

Quote :
Your Fav Ignorant Uncle

Mine is my Uncle Jimmy. He's always showin' us his pecker.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 2:09 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :
Your Fav Ignorant Uncle

Mine is my Uncle Jimmy. He's always showin' us his pecker.

With chocolate sauce on too, I bet.

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 2:11 pm

Mmmmm chocolate pecker.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 2:23 pm

By the way Sax, I meant to tell ya, you're not alone on most of the material not doing much for you. Outside of the S/T, Paranoid, and Master Of Reality, Ozzy era Sabbath becomes a few songs on each album I like type of band.

However, Gillan and Dio era I pretty much love every song on the albums. Minus Dehumanizer, I didnt much care for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 7:43 pm

kmorg wrote:
Is it true that Planet Caravan is English for Trailer-park?

Laughing very hard funniest thing i've seen all day
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 3:47 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I'm obviously ganked. Neutral
This is news to you? Suspect

spectrefate wrote:
I'm so burnt out on Ozzy Sabbath. Everytime I go over to Trog's house he's like "Here listen to this new Sabbath boot I got, and put this ball in your mouth and shut the fu*k up!"

It gets a little old.
But do you ever just do what I say, relax and and listen though? Noooooo! You just struggle and resist and complain and that's why you miss out on all of their psychedoomy goodness with your "these straps are too tight" or "I can't breathe" or "this tastes like rotten mushrooms" whiny BS. Rolling Eyes

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Would changing the ball's color help? Maybe a more soothing color? Red raises internal alarms, I suppose. Maybe baby-blue?
I tried a different color, but he won't let me use the orange one...he says it reminds him of a negative experience in an orange grove when he was a kid. Do you see what I have to put up with every time he visits me?

spectrefate wrote:
I never get to see the ball. He doesn't have any mirrors in his shed. Changing the color wouldn't help.
Oh stop lying! I shove the ball in your face every time and ask you "you want this, don't you?" and you nod and grunt yes every time before I remove the dirty socks and duct tape and replace it with the gag ball.

spectrefate wrote:
Maybe the implementation of some sort of Nerf prodding object would greatly reduce the pain I receive, to replace the Garden Weasel he currently uses.
I'm only using what you BEGGED me to use the last time I had that car battery attached to your nipples.

scottmitchell74 wrote:
You know, this sounds like a "you" problem. Stop being so whiney and just appreciate Troggy for once.
THANK YOU! Finally, someone who sees through his manipulation and understands *my* perspective. cheers

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Planet Caravan is not a song I enjoy, either.
And there go all those good feelings of camaraderie down the drain. No

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I like both versions, but if I had to choose, I'll take Sabbath. Great song for big headphones, a lava lamp and your smoke of choice. listening to music
There. MetalGuy is someone knows his ass from his elbow. Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 3:58 pm

Quote :

MetalGuy71 wrote:

There. MetalGuy is someone knows his ass from his elbow. Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 604261

Just don't ask me to point out my ass from a hole in the ground. I still have trouble with that one, especially if I'm walking and chewing gum at the same time.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:14 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
al"]those pictures. too big.
your post. too bad.

Settle our differences. We Must.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Ignorant Uncle   Your Fav Ignorant Uncle - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Fav Ignorant Uncle
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2