Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM updated...

Go down 
+7
Required Fields
Lurideath
thejokeriv
kmorg
krokus
mc666
ultmetal
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

NLTM updated... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:53 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I've seen that Japan disc paired up with Hanging In The Balance, I believe in one of those 2 for 1 deals.

Really? Never seen that. And since I already have HANGING on CD I doubt I'd re-buy it just to get that live disc. Ult's review of it is pretty much in line with every other review I've read of it, i.e. that it isn't very good.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
I've seen that Japan disc paired up with Hanging In The Balance, I believe in one of those 2 for 1 deals.

Really? Never seen that. And since I already have HANGING on CD I doubt I'd re-buy it just to get that live disc. Ult's review of it is pretty much in line with every other review I've read of it, i.e. that it isn't very good.

My bad, dawg. It's the legitimate Live disc that its paired with.

www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/4906452/a/Hanging+In+The+Balance%2FLive.htm
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 2:01 pm

spectrefate wrote:

My bad, dawg. It's the legitimate Live disc that its paired with.

Ahhh, gotcha. No worries.

Although now that you mention it, I've heard the "legitimate" LIVE disc and didn't think much of that one either. I'm just not a big live album guy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 2:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Cool update Ult... where the heck did you get hold of that Metal Church LIVE IN JAPAN disc?? That's pretty rare...

You seemed unsure whether or not it was an "official" M.C. release in your review, so here's what little I know: I read an interview w/Kurt Vanderhoof years back where he was asked about that CD, he said that the album was cobbled together by their former manager and released without the band's knowledge or consent. The band threatened to sue unless it was removed from circulation, that's why you won't see it in any "official" discographies.

I can see why they wouldn't be happy with it. It ranks up there with Helstar's "Twas The Night of a Helish Xmas" and Death Angel's "Fall from Grace" for worst production on an "official" live disc.

So this is an official release, even if the band didn't consent. It's on a legitimate label and was distributed through a major distributor. It's not an "illegal recording" or "bootleg". Thanks for the info.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 2:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:

So this is an official release, even if the band didn't consent. It's on a legitimate label and was distributed through a major distributor. It's not an "illegal recording" or "bootleg". Thanks for the info.

Yea, it was an "official" release until it was made "unofficial" by the band themselves Laughing

So where did you find it?? Cuz I personally have only ever seen that CD ONCE myself, and since it was a Japan import was goin for $35 smackers. That was too rich for my blood at the time, so I skipped it... if I'd known it was going to be collectible down the road, I would've snagged it tho. angry

I know Terry (aka Martinsane) has been unsuccessfully searching for a copy of that CD for quite a few years!

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 2:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Yea, it was an "official" release until it was made "unofficial" by the band themselves Laughing

So where did you find it?? Cuz I personally have only ever seen that CD ONCE myself, and since it was a Japan import was goin for $35 smackers. That was too rich for my blood at the time, so I skipped it... if I'd known it was going to be collectible down the road, I would've snagged it tho. angry

I know Terry (aka Martinsane) has been unsuccessfully searching for a copy of that CD for quite a few years!

I purchased it from a guy on-line for $15. He didn't like it and said it would make a better home on my site.

ult

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NLTM updated...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2