Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM updated...

Go down 
+7
Required Fields
Lurideath
thejokeriv
kmorg
krokus
mc666
ultmetal
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 10:02 am

NLTM updated...
www.nolifetilmetal.com

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 10:28 am

that's a big update this time around. glad to see Scum finally made it to your site.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 10:54 am

mc666 wrote:
that's a big update this time around. glad to see Scum finally made it to your site.

Been on my want list for some time. Just finally got a copy in a trade from Uncle Saxon.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 10:56 am

Great and just like to let you know that i got your cd INTO THE PIT in the post yesterday and love it 🤘
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 11:42 am

Cool beans, my man! Very Happy

But... but, where is that Gamma Ray album i sent you scratch

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 11:51 am

Your site is a great resource. Thanks Ult.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Sweet!!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 1:53 pm

kmorg wrote:
Cool beans, my man! Very Happy

But... but, where is that Gamma Ray album i sent you scratch

In my CD case. Still need to write something about it. I have a stack of about 60+ CDs I still need to add. Shocked

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 2:13 pm

Well what did you update? You are no longer using the "new" image next to them so liiking at the update page, it was last updated on June 6.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 3:47 pm

Cool! Thanks for letting me know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 4:42 pm

HAHAHA Sorry forgot it was June!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 5:47 pm

Lurideath wrote:
HAHAHA Sorry forgot it was June!

See, I told you that drugs were bad. lol!

Administrator
ultmetal

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 5:48 pm

krokus wrote:
Great and just like to let you know that i got your cd INTO THE PIT in the post yesterday and love it 🤘

Awesome! Where did you pick it up at?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 8:44 am

Great update and as always well written. The My Silent Wake, Divinefire, and Lanfear albums are stellar albums and I can't argue with your assessments. I also agree wholeheartedly on the vocals of Seventh Power, that is the one main reason I don't listen to the debut much. At one time I was going to get the Whitesnake album when I was on break at Wal-Mart, but decided against it. Thanks to your review, I might go ahead and get it after all.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 9:10 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Great update and as always well written. The My Silent Wake, Divinefire, and Lanfear albums are stellar albums and I can't argue with your assessments. I also agree wholeheartedly on the vocals of Seventh Power, that is the one main reason I don't listen to the debut much. At one time I was going to get the Whitesnake album when I was on break at Wal-Mart, but decided against it. Thanks to your review, I might go ahead and get it after all.

I hate reviewing CDs by people I am friends with. In the case of Seventh Power, Retroactive Records owner Matt is a very good friend of mine. I have to be honest, but at the same time I don't want to offend anyone either. I usually try to balance carefully what I like about an album and what I don't like about an album and offer constructive criticism and praise.

With Seventh Power I honestly feel the vocals ruin an otherwise great album. They are just so mechanical, plastic sounding, while the music is total traditional/classic heavy metal. Bill writes some great riffs and has a nice lead style as well but those vocals just detract. This sort of goes along with the vocals vs. riff discussion we were having.

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 10:20 am

I'll burn ya the 2nd Coup de Grace next time around, and you can tack your personal opinion to end of that review.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 11:47 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
I'll burn ya the 2nd Coup de Grace next time around, and you can tack your personal opinion to end of that review.

Cool. Thanks.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 1:05 pm

Will have to check it out here soon... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 2:05 pm

Ult, I noticed that you don't have Sebastian Bach's new cd listed, but I found the review for Angel Down while looking at the Liberty & Justice review and he's linked through there. It's almost like finding a dvd Easter Egg.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 2:17 pm

Thanks. Will fix that.

ult

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 8:46 am

ultmetal wrote:
krokus wrote:

From METALSOUND, a spanish record shop, from the post, for 13,25 euros. Its on RETROACTIVE records. I am very happy with it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 8:53 am

krokus wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
krokus wrote:

From METALSOUND, a spanish record shop, from the post, for 13,25 euros. Its on RETROACTIVE records. I am very happy with it.

Cool. Thanks. We were picked up by a European distribution company a couple months ago. Glad you like it. Spread the word.

ult 🤘

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 8:59 am

ultmetal wrote:
krokus wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
krokus wrote:

Cool. Thanks. We were picked up by a European distribution company a couple months ago. Glad you like it. Spread the word.

ult 🤘

Yes, i will do that 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:48 pm

Cool update Ult... where the heck did you get hold of that Metal Church LIVE IN JAPAN disc?? That's pretty rare...

You seemed unsure whether or not it was an "official" M.C. release in your review, so here's what little I know: I read an interview w/Kurt Vanderhoof years back where he was asked about that CD, he said that the album was cobbled together by their former manager and released without the band's knowledge or consent. The band threatened to sue unless it was removed from circulation, that's why you won't see it in any "official" discographies.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:50 pm

I've seen that Japan disc paired up with Hanging In The Balance, I believe in one of those 2 for 1 deals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NLTM updated... Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NLTM updated...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next