Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]

Go down 
+8
mc666
EvyMetal
thejokeriv
UltraMagnus007
Olafsto
Tall Tyrion
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Empty
PostSubject: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 3:03 pm

Anyone that has been to Europe: What was your fav country and why? This question is also directed to Europeans.

For me, I have been across the pond a few times. I can't really answer my own question, but...

France - for it's culture
Greece - for its beauty and friendly people
Germany - for its parties

my fav spot in Europe is a tiny town on the Italy/France/Switzerland border called Courmayeur, Italy. Insanely beautiful!! [on a side note, that night we stayed in Evian, France {where the bottled water comes from}. So, we can tell people we bathed and showered in Evian! haha]

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Grandesjorassesreflection252602
Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] 2312730178_8f72c6b21f
Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] 3917746-Courmayeur-Courmayeur
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 3:25 pm

Been to Greece twice (way up north and down south on the islands) and Italy (Florence, Rome, & Venice).

Greek Islands for me. Beautiful, laid back. It was my paradise. I will return there someday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 3:35 pm

Quote :
It was my paradise. I will return there someday.
My thoughts EXACTLY! What islands were you on? Did you check out Athens? That is a weird town! NYC rush hour at 3 a.m.!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Europe is super-jigh on my wife and I's "to-do" list. The plan is to split Europe into 3-4 managable pieces and do 3-4 seperate mega-vacations.

When I was coming home from Africa in 98 I had a 16 hour layover in the Zurich airport. I wanted to get a cab and look around, but I was so ready to go home and so worried I'd somehow get lost I just bought a room in the airport and stayed there. Dummy!!!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:21 pm

I'd love to go. England, Germany and Romania would be high on my wish list if I could ever afford it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:44 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
It was my paradise. I will return there someday.
My thoughts EXACTLY! What islands were you on? Did you check out Athens? That is a weird town! NYC rush hour at 3 a.m.!

My wife & I went for our honeymoon. Mykonos, Santorini (my fav) and Crete. We spent the last night in Athens. Prior to that we went to northern Greece for a wedding. And yes, it was the same year My Big Fat Greek Wedding was in theaters. What a coincindence!!

We were scheduled to go to Ireland this past December for another wedding (my wife has many European friends), but she got pregnant instead.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:46 pm

England, Scotland and Shetland for all their pubs, friendly people, castles, football games (that`s soccer to you Yanks), and awesome music...

Spain, Greece and Cyprys for all their old culture, churches, sun, crystal clear water, narrow streets and laidback attitude..

Scandinavia for many reasons, come see for yourselves....

My next holiday we will proparbly go to Turkey
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 5:09 pm

I went to Montreaux (think thats how you spell it) it switzerland on a business trip in february and thought it was simply one of the most beautiful places I have ever been so. Surrounded by mountains with a nice laid back culture and you can smoke everywhere, being from the UK this was a much loved added bonus.

As for the rest of europe I have been to Rome which is a fascinating place, great food and drink and steeped in history. Barcelona was nice but nothing really to say about the place other than nice. Paris is as romantic as people say and a great place for couples. I have also been to Bremen and Hamburg and love Germany. Great beer and the Germans really love their metal. Ireland would also be a recommendation. Been to Dublin and Cork and the Irish seem really chilled and love a good party and seem on the whole to be a really happy bunch of people and some of the Irish countryside is also breathtaking.

My other European trips have been nothing more than pissed up drink-a-thons in Ibiza, Tenerife and Rhodes. All very nice places but never really got to explore that much. Iwould say that Rhodes (Greek Island) is incredibly hot in the summer, the hottest place I have ever been to. I stayed in Falaraki and would not recommend this to anyone, very dirty and crap food.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 6:06 pm

Been to The Netherlands (swa lots of the country), Germany (airport and one city)and Ireland (west coast, nothern ireland/republic border area). I like Ireland best of the what I have seen - beautiful country! I'd love to go back! I want to see more of Europe - I love to travel and see new places.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:39 pm

I haven't been to any countries in Europe. But I plan on going to Germany this summer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:48 pm

Italy was my favorite. It was beautiful, and the people were awesome! And Italian is pretty easy to learn. After 6 months I was holding my own pretty well, and I had no formal lessons, just an American/Italian dictionary and a lot of drunken conversations with Italians. Haha.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:55 pm

On a side note ( I love my country, by the way) I'd live in Europe in a heart beat, if it were reasonable to do so.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:40 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
On a side note ( I love my country, by the way) I'd live in Europe in a heart beat, if it were reasonable to do so.

I wouldn't although I'd love to visit there. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 11:13 pm

I'd love to, by my family dynamics have us going in so many directions as it is. A huge motivation for me is that I love natural beauty and I love interesting and ancient architecture. I live in West Texas so beauty is out, and the architecture in the US in general is weak.

However, there's tons to love about even good 'ol Abilene 'by God" Texas so we'll camp it here for a while and just visit Europe.

If Metal Up! 09 goes well we should do a Metal Up! Euro in 2011!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:47 am

as for Europe, i've only been to England thus far. have been planning a trip to Norway since the first of the year. so hopefully that will come to pass. it was a coin toss between Norway & Austrailia.

Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:57 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I live in West Texas so beauty is out, and the architecture in the US in general is weak.

Agreed on both points. Washington DC has some cool buildings. Probably a lot of the eastern seaboard as well, but in general.....

Quote :
If Metal Up! 09 goes well we should do a Metal Up! Euro in 2011!

I like that idea. Cool
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:06 pm

Judging by the pictures you showed us, Sax, you'll love Norway!! But you'll have to see more than Oslo and the southern parts for the stunnin' beauty. If anyone ever plans on a trip to Norway, a visit to my house is mandatory! Very Happy

As for myself, I haven't been al that much around. Been to Gemrany a handful of times, but mostly on concerts trips. Wacken was a blast. But on my one and only vacation trip to German/Austria, I saw most of those 2 countries. We even passed through Switzerland an Luxenburg. My favorite parts were through the Mosel Valley. What a beautiful scenery, and everywhere we stopped, people offered us their local wine, often as local as that particular farm or winehouse! Of coure I was 13, so I didn't hae any, but still the hospitality and general wibe was great. I also loved Vienna and Salzburg. Köln was cool too.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:37 pm

I've been to Turkey, Greece, Italy, and Croatia and they each have breath taking scenery. My memory of those places now seem like a dream. The majesty of Rome, the ancient ruins of Corinth, the streets of Barcelona, and the paradise-like scenery of all those places make me wish it could have lasted more than just a few days in each place. I love America and we have pretty landscapes of our own but they just don't compare with Europe. I also miss some of the awesome food found in those places. My time with the Navy is some of my most treasured experiences. If I had not joined I would have never got to experience the beauty and majesty of Europe. On the other hand I wouldn't know what I'm missing and I could have been blissfully ignorant and not be longing for that experience again (thanks a lot Uncle Saxon now I'm bored and longing for better days Mad ). I have many pictures of Spain and Turkey but they are not digital and my scanner doesn't work (damn Windows Vista) so I can't post them.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:45 pm

I love Western Civ history so I really want to visit Europe. Someday I will do the this, yes I will.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 2:01 pm

kmorg wrote:
Judging by the pictures you showed us, Sax, you'll love Norway!! But you'll have to see more than Oslo and the southern parts for the stunnin' beauty. If anyone ever plans on a trip to Norway, a visit to my house is mandatory! Very Happy

Can I bring my squirrel? lol!

My sister lives in Ireland, so I'd have a place to crash there. That's probably the only way I could ever afford to take a trip to Europe, imposing on people! Cool
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 2:54 pm

Quote :
If anyone ever plans on a trip to Norway, a visit to my house is mandatory! Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_biggrin

The eye is kind of freaking me out, though. Razz
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 9:25 am

The beauty of Norway:

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] BildereldreannEline014

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] BildereldreannEline015

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007021

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007022

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007026

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007039

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007040

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007069

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007079

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007082

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007089

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007114

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007121

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007130

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007141

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007181

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007182

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007195

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007199

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007188

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007192

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007092

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Sommerferie2007087

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 12:18 pm

GREAT pictures Kurt!!
Way up north?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 12:42 pm

The winter pictures are from Sarpsborg. The rest is from Steigen, a beautiful Island between Bodø and Lofoten. Takes about 4 hours by car, but only 1 hour with the ferry. My wifes father is from this place.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 1:51 pm

Truly spectacular pics!! I try not to be envious of where other people live, but from my researches of Norway and the pics you have shown, it's hard!

Cute kiddos, too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]   Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Europe [the continent, not the pretty boyz]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next