Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE

Go down 
+13
Lurideath
brontotex
Glenn Rogers
zombiewalkin
biddle
Rex
GrandNational
mc666
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
ultmetal
powermacho
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Empty
PostSubject: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:27 pm

ONCE DEAD has finally revealed the direction they went on Visions Of Hell.

To me It sounds more like an In your face heavy metal with a bid of thrash metal. I am going to grab this album as soon as it comes out

Exellent
http://www.myspace.com/oncedeadband [/url]
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:09 pm

Cool. Thanks for posting that.

Sounds like what I expected. A mixture of metal and thrash with metalcore vox. Intense metal.

Hey Glenn, which guitar solos are yours on those three songs?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:32 pm

It's definately loud! The snare drum is leaning toward Lars's St.Anger sound which is the only thing i don't like but overall it sounds great. Well actually i will need to get used to the vocals as well....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:47 pm

Who let the drummer in the mix room? Smile

I wish them all the best. I won't be picking this up. The vocals just kill it for me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:28 pm

Hmmm....not my kinda vox either. Pass. Sorry fellas. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:54 pm

The music sounds great but man the vocals are a let down.Ult,I wish things had worked out so that you were behind the mic.I'll still get the album just to support Doug and the guys though.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:32 am

you couldn't expect pure old school for a band that is starting up . Probably on the next album they go more old school and maybe more heavy metal. Why not, they don't have to be thrash metal all the way 🤘

I think they haven't finished the mixing. Maybe if we led them know to fix the can snare sound, the album can be mo enjoyable scratch
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:59 am

sounds fine to me.. still, looking forward to the next Hirax moreso.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:00 am

The vocals just suck. Scott, wish you stayed on.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:50 am

I echo what everyone else said.
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:12 am

Snare drum sound is weak. Guitars sound good. I like the three songs. Not a fan of those vocals. Sounds like dime-a-dozen metalcore vocals. I pre-ordered this CD back when ult was singing for them. I'm still disappointed you did not sing on this CD ult! angry
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:16 am

I don't think the vocals sound bad. Devin has a style that is recognizable. He's certainly aggressive and he is as heavy as a freight train barreling down the tracks. I can agree about the snare drum, but it is MySpace. The quality isn't as good as it will be on the CD.

Still interested to know which solos are Glenn's and which are Larry's.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:37 am

Please fix the snare drum guys!
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:18 am

Snare sounds fine to me. It sounds like the snare off of the VR album Once Dead.

Vocals dont kill it for me. They are metalcore but there is still some deathiness in there.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:18 am

troublezone wrote:
Please fix the snare drum guys!

I think the final mixes were already turned into the record company and sent away for pressing. There won't be any "fixing" now. However, I don't know if those songs on MySpace are final mixes or not. Also, MySpace isn't the best place to judge sound quality. The files are compressed and don't sound as good as the actual CD.

ult

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:33 am

"The Contract" has just been added to the page as well. Some of you die-hard Vengeance fans will recognize this song. This was a song the band was playing on the "Once Dead" tour and was scheduled to be recorded on the third VR album, but was scrapped when 4 of the 5 band members left. Cool song. I like it. 🤘

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:14 am

yeah,The Contract is a good song.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:46 am

I Think that Devin Shaeffer did change the way he sings, and tried to sing into a more heavy/thrash metal style rather on a hardcore style. The Contract sounds really good
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:48 am

Solo's, well Visions of Hell is one...The Contract...Devotion. I also played all the rhythm guitars with the exception of The Contract...Doug also solos on The Contract.
Keep in mind after I left the band they brought in Larry so I'm not sure who doe's what solo's on all the songs...

Snair drum bothers me as well...I think it's that Punk thing...

Vocals are what they are...That younger generation. LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:51 am

Glenn Rogers wrote:

I love this line. Smile So true.....
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:52 am

Angelo has a song on his myspace called Feeding my adiction, and the mix is very different. I liked Angelo's mix on his myspace better
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:59 am

The song on Angelos myspace was a ruff mix...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:12 pm

Where is Andy Sneap when you need him?
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 2:03 pm

The snare is to the point of distraction for me.
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 2:50 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:

Do you like them Glenn?

The vocals just ruin it for me. I love the music. The guitar solos are great. I could ignore any imperfections in the mix if not for those grating metalcore, screams. Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE   4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4 new songs from ONCE DEAD on MYSPACE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next