Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs

Go down 
+2
Lurideath
Required Fields
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs Empty
PostSubject: Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs   Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 2:44 pm

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/history-disappeared-when-myspace-lost-12-years-of-music-and-it-will-happen-again/

I honestly was never much of a Myspace user when it was largely both a social network and a site where bands hosted their music.

I had a Myspace account around 2006, but very seldom used it.

I started a Facebook account in 2007, and i have always been a regular user of it.

I did occasionally listen to music via Myspace, which was mostly what I used it for, not as a social networking thing.

Around 2008-2009 or so was when it lost relevance as a social networking site, and was now almost exclusively used by bands for music.

Still, this is pretty sad. Millions of songs have been lost. Many of these bands never released physical albums, and also never officially released their music to iTunes or anything else. It's too bad for them. Myspace was solely clinging to dear life as a music site in the 2010s, and this is not good for the performers who uploaded music to it in the 2000s and early 2010s. Especially if it never got uploaded elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs   Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 2:47 pm

I used it a lot for AoB and it made a huge help for the band in many ways and also meeting a lot of people. I haven't had access to it since it closed and seen ALL the songs, fliers, etc are gone. Pisses me off!!!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs   Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 5:12 pm

I've been meaning to sign up for MySpace to see what it's about. For about 13 years now. Never got around to it.

Maybe one day.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs   Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 5:53 pm

I could care less about social media sites; but I genuinely feel bad for the bands and artists who put their heart and soul into music that has been lost. That's not fair.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs   Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 6:33 am

Well nothing replaces physical music. Keep it on a physical format and you'll be safe. Too bad for the artists. That is sad.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs   Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 9:57 am

This is the reason why music should be in a physical format. All it takes is the push of a button or a system hacking and it’s gone...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs   Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 10:10 am

I liked MySpace when it first came out because of the music connection. I used it often for a year or two. But then shitty bands and friend requests from random people ruined it. I never cared for Facebook.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs   Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 10:38 am

Reminds me of the South Park episode with investing money:

Not the same thing, I know, but still.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs   Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Myspace (yes, it still exists) has lost millions of songs
Page 1 of 1