Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Long lost METAL classic!!!

Go down 
+7
thejokeriv
zombiewalkin
Tall Tyrion
krokus
Shiney
Stender
ultmetal
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Long lost METAL classic!!! Empty
PostSubject: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:10 pm

Long lost METAL classic!!! Steeler_LP
Early 80's L.A. metal with those smokin' guitar leads from Yngwie Malmsteen! Ron Keel on vocals and ex-W.A.S.P. bassist Rik Fox.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:13 pm

I been meaning to try and get this one, how is it? My interest was piqued when I saw that Yngwie was covering guitars. Steeler is pre Rising force right?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:17 pm

Steeler is pre-Alcatrazz and Rising Force. This album was released in 1983 I believe.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:11 am

killer album....literally a time capsule of sorts....

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:13 am

Yes, i like that album too. I think that the german STEELER was better but i always loved RON KEELĀ“s voice and thats why i think its good. Yngwie does a good job too but noting spectacular. Some time ago i bought a compilation by STEELER (METAL GENERATION) that is very good for fans of this lp.
STEELER was one of the very first LA METAL bands together with ODIN, DOKKEN, LONDON and MOTLEY CRUE.

Last edited by krokus on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:13 am

Someone here got my CD copy of this, I don't remember who. Wish I never got rid of it, because it's pretty killer, sans Ron Keel's vocals. He always sounded like he was congested when he sang. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:15 am

I think I got it from you....to replace my dying tape....

And I thank you in my mind everytime I listen to it....

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:16 am

I thought you may have got it. Now I don't feel so bad. It is being taken care of. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:31 am

Great album. I just loaded it up so I could listen to it today. 🤘

And BTW, I remember seeing info on a Keel album called "Long Arm of the Law" back in the day, but I never did order that one. Did anyone ever hear that? Is it worth tracking down?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:33 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:

And BTW, I remember seeing info on a Keel album called "Long Arm of the Law" back in the day, but I never did order that one. Did anyone ever hear that? Is it worth tracking down?

That album by KEEL is LAY DOWN THE LAW and its great. They rereleased it on cd not long ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:52 am

I wouldn't say it is "Long Lost". I would think most metalheads from the 80's have this essential piece of history in their collection. Back Seat Driver is a great anthem!
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:01 am

Steeler is a killer album! I passed on this way back in the early 80's. I had allowance money to spend and I couldnt decide whether to buy Steeler or the Twisted Sister "I Am I'm Me" ep. I went with TS because I was already a fan. A few years later I heard Black Star off Malmsteen's first Rising Force album and knew I had heard the name somewhere. I kicked myself for not picking up Steeler that day.

However I did end up picking it up on vinyl and cd years later and it is one of my desert island albums!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:11 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Long lost METAL classic!!! Steeler_LP
Early 80's L.A. metal with those smokin' guitar leads from Yngwie Malmsteen! Ron Keel on vocals and ex-W.A.S.P. bassist Rik Fox.

hahaha, for a moment i thought that you found the arcane 7"(no p/s) from a NJ band from jamesburg that i'm after for some years... Wink i guess the "restless child" will still remain "lost in a dream"....but "i've got the power" and i'll find it....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:22 pm

It's too bad Steeler didn't last as I liked them better then Keel and most of Malmsteen's solos stuff.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 6:17 pm

That is a long lost classic! I had it back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:01 pm

I still have this on cassette haha. I like it though. Not really a fan of Ron Keel, but the songs were great.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:06 pm

A definite classic! I've always loved this album and it really satisfies when I'm in the mood for some well written pre-hair trad-metal! 🤘

Hey Shiney, your avatar still owes me a pair of CHEAP TRICK tickets!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:25 pm

Great release ! My fave song is Hot on Your Heels with that spectacular guitar solo opening.I had this thing for a long time on vinyl.I found the cd brand new a few years ago at an FYE (maybe even before they were an FYE but I can't remember the name of the store),bought it and sold off my vinyl.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:18 pm

They played just a few gigs if I recall before "whatever" happened and it all became history. I caught part of a show someplace in The Basin, don't remember where or when. Though I vividly remember seeing flyers stapled and taped to poles all over the place
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:41 pm

krokus wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

That album by KEEL is LAY DOWN THE LAW and its great. They rereleased it on cd not long ago.

That's it!! What is it like? I loved not only the Steeler material, but also Right To Rock and Final Frontier. Does this compare or will I be disappointed?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long lost METAL classic!!!   Long lost METAL classic!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long lost METAL classic!!!
Page 1 of 1