Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The band that get you into Metal??

Go down 
+18
Sutekh
nevermore
MetalH
jstate
krokus
Invader
scottmitchell74
Leatherface
mc666
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
Tall Tyrion
XYZ
ThrashedOutCobra33
Stender
tohostudios
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:15 am

So, so hard to pin down. First exposure had to be Queen. I bought Another One Bites The Dust on vinyl when I was 6.

First "hook, line & sinker" was Bride. Heard them on this Winter Retreat youthgroup thing. I was 15 I think, and this college guy had all these Metal cassettes. Bride captured me for some reason.

Between Queen and Bride there were lots of radio hits, neighborhood Metal, hard rock and such, but that was the first and then the biggest hook.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:35 am

Probably Iron Maiden. I had heard from one of my friends that they are a great band, and few days later I saw their albums on sale so I bought few of them and I liked them a lot.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:11 am

IRON MAIDEN. I saw some t-shirts on some guys and i bought one too. Then i went to a record shop and bought LIVE AFTER DEATH double live lp and the rest is history. This was in 1988.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:48 pm

Ozzy and Krokus was the first exposure and realization that it was something I loved. But Ozzy is truly the one who got me "into" metal where I had to get everything I could of his - records, t-shirts, and any Ozzy button or patch I could get my hands on.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:45 pm

Petra. I grew up listening to them, and I loved them, but always wanted something heavier and edgier. I then came across Whitecross and TourniqueT. Then came Megadeth and Metallica and the rest is history! The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:32 pm

THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS !!!

Been listening to them since I was about 8 years old (thanks to an older neighbor across the alley from me)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 2:10 am

AC/DC - Back In Black

After a while in junior high listening to (this is hjard to say) rap and alternative modern rock, I grew sick of it. Then, one day I saw the commerical for Men In Black II, which had for the theme song "Back In Black". It took me a couple of days to find out what song it was (I knew like 5 AC/DC songs at this point), but as soon as I did I went and bought the album. Still the most expensive non-bootleg, single-disc album I've ever bought ($25.99).
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 2:14 am

Kiss was the first for me.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 2:43 am

As an eight year old, I dug KISS, but it was more the make-up and costumes than the music. A little later I got into Bon Jovi, and that was the beginning of my interest in heavier music (well, it was heavy for me at the time). Then came Iron Maiden (love it!!), AC/DC (who I really don't enjoy anymore), Stryper (still a favourite), Metallica (love those first four albums), Whitecross, Vengeance, Believer, Tourniquet and I was off!
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:03 pm

My older brother had Aerosmith's Get Your Wings on vinyl. When I was ten, I would listen to that album all the time, especially Train Kept a-Rollin'. LOVED that album. I have a memory of listening to it when I was home alone at night and getting freaked out by the intro to Seasons of Wither (I was ten, remember?). But I digress! In junior high it was KISS. A friend of mine had Detroit Rock City. We listened to it everytime we hung out. Then he bought me Love Gun for my birthday and I practically wore out the grooves (the days of vinyl!) I remember riding down the road on my bike singing the solo to Shock Me! I kind of went through a Christian metal only thing in college after becoming a committed Christian and missed out on a lot of the great metal of the late 80s. Now that I have learned that most "evil" metal was a gimmick, I've been trying to catch up. Iced Earth was the band that brought me back.

Sorry the post is so long, but that's where I started! :bangyerhead:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:19 pm

Stryper, but the first tape I ever owned was Styx - Mr. Roboto. Never bought another Styx record again.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:28 pm

JerryOnly wrote:
Friggin' KORN baby!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:30 pm

Korn sucks.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:31 pm

I believe it's been determined that they actually blow. Neutral
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:32 pm

Santana when i was 6 to 8 with his 1st GH album

The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 D12438d9hw1

and then early 90s Motley, KiSS, Poison, Guns ... big load of them together. but real should be Europe and Quiet Riot
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:33 pm

TrogDawn wrote:

I'm surprised you don't like them then.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:50 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:

I'm surprised you don't like them then.
I don't like them,
I *LOVE* THEM!!! 🤘

The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Ohcl0139hi4
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:57 pm

That pic is hilarious!

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 5:09 pm

The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Bigfootfeces001231x355pr6
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 5:24 pm

The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Cotkud6
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:24 am

I've mentioned this before but Metallica first got me into metal when I saw the videeo for Enter Sandman.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The band that get you into Metal??   The band that get you into Metal?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2