Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??

Go down 
+29
the sentinel
TheGooch
metalinmyveins
TH Joe
Stender
MetalH
krokus
Leatherface
INVADERS
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
jstate
Follower of Jesus
Mortuary
zombiewalkin
MoonChild
Fat Freddy
Invader
MetalRob331
DallasBlack
7thSecond
XYZ
MetalGuy71
ThrashedOutCobra33
tul
Required Fields
stepcousin
thejokeriv
Thrasher73
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 12:39 pm

I like "Harvester of Sorrow" and "Frayed Ends of Sanity." "One" is a great song but somewhat overplayed. I'm tired of it, frankly. If I'm in the right mood, I can still get into it.

Anyone else think there should be a remaster of this recording to bring the bass out a little? If it sucks, we all still have the original! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 12:44 pm

All of them, but I would pick Eye Of The Beholder and Harvester Of Sorrow.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 12:56 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:
I like "Harvester of Sorrow" and "Frayed Ends of Sanity." "One" is a great song but somewhat overplayed. I'm tired of it, frankly. If I'm in the right mood, I can still get into it.

Anyone else think there should be a remaster of this recording to bring the bass out a little? If it sucks, we all still have the original! cheers

I was a little bit surprised that when Metallica brought out the gold discs for "Ride The Lightning" and "Master of Puppets", they didn't do this with "And Justice For All" as well. I think it will happen at some point. Maybe like the reissue of Kill 'Em All when they switched to Elektra, they added "Blitzkrieg & "Am I Evil"...they will do the same with "And Justice For All", and add "Breadfan" & "The Prince", which were both "B side singles" for "One" & "Eye of the Beholder".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 4:37 am

zombiewalkin wrote:
I didnt like this album that much when it came out. The production bugs me. Lars kick drums sound all "clickity clack" and I despise it! With that said though I would go with Harvester of Sorrow as a stand out track along with Blackend and Dyer's Eve.

Yeah. That was the problem with most of thier 90's albums, too.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:00 am

Blackened
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:24 am

1.One
2.Blackened
3.Title Track (great intro)
4.To Live is to Die
5.Frayed Ends of Sanity
6.Shortest Straw
7.Eye Of The Beholder
8.Dyers Eye
9.Harvester of Sorrow

There all great!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:59 am

One
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 am

I'll go with Frayed Ends Of Sanity...fits my personality. Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 3 82702
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 7:55 pm

Bump -

I recently re-aquired this CD after not hearing it for at least a decade...and the main thing that strikes me is...

...THE PRODUCTION IS GODAWFUL. I was always bothered by the non-existent bass, but now I also notice how horribly processed the drum sounds are (that annoying "tick" on Lars' kick drum), the overabundance of compression on the guitar sound...the whole thing added up sounds like flat Coke.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:59 pm

WOW! That cd has amazing sound to me other then the left out bass. Lars drums sound amazing to me especially his kick. James and Kirks tone on that cd is some of the heaviest to this day.

Blackened is still my fav Metallica song other then Orion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3