Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??

Go down 
+29
the sentinel
TheGooch
metalinmyveins
TH Joe
Stender
MetalH
krokus
Leatherface
INVADERS
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
jstate
Follower of Jesus
Mortuary
zombiewalkin
MoonChild
Fat Freddy
Invader
MetalRob331
DallasBlack
7thSecond
XYZ
MetalGuy71
ThrashedOutCobra33
tul
Required Fields
stepcousin
thejokeriv
Thrasher73
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Empty
PostSubject: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 5:25 pm

I Like em all, but I would probably say "To Live Is To Die", or "One"! humble
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 5:28 pm

the title track for me. Alot of people don't like the album, but I love it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 5:28 pm

spectrefate wrote:

It is absolutely my favourite Metallica album with Master Of Puppets!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 5:31 pm

Shortest Straw.That is one killer riff!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 5:38 pm

one of my fav albums of all time - just a hair below master!!!! Fav song - Frayed Ends Of Sanity!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 6:07 pm

"Shortest Straw" or "Harvester Of Sorrow." Although, outside of "One," which, while badass, I've just heard too many times, the entire album is brilliant.

And I know Lars is now nothing like he was, I think his drum work on Justice is phenomenal. That album was the guy's creative peak. Everyone now says how he was always a terrible drummer and I think it's ridiculous. I don't know how you can listen to this album without admitting this guy was one of the best.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 6:10 pm

More or less in order of faves:

To Live Is To Die
Dyers Eve
Blackened
Shortest Straw
One
Frayed Ends
Title Track
Harvester
Eye Of Beholder

I like the thrashers the most (no surprise there...) but I love instrumentals and especially this one.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 7:29 pm

The Frayed Ends of Sanity and Dyers Eve are my favorites.

Along with Disposable Heroes off of Master of Puppets, The Frayed Ends of Sanity is Metallica's most overlooked song.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 8:12 pm

Perfect timing Jerry Only. I've been on a wicked binge of this classic this past week.

So many good tunes, but I'm going to go with a tie between "The Frayed Ends Of Sanity" and "One".

"Frayed Ends" perfectly exhibits the progressive, technical nature of the album. The solo/interlude section in the middle of the song is simply phenominal. Killer riff too!

As for "One", well, what can I say. This is my favourite metal ballad. The transition from the bitter-sweet verse/chorus section to the extremely intense, angry breakdown/solo section gets my adrenaline running wild.
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 8:26 pm

Eye of the Beholder and Blackened. But I do prefer the live versions. Overall a much much better album than Master of Puppets. I might be the only one here but after the killer Ride the Lightning MoP was a dissapointment for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 8:33 pm

tul wrote:
Eye of the Beholder and Blackened. But I do prefer the live versions. Overall a much much better album than Master of Puppets. I might be the only one here but after the killer Ride the Lightning MoP was a dissapointment for me.

Hmm. Ride the Lightning is my favourite as well. Actually, it's my favourite metal album period. However, I still hold MOP as the better album.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:02 pm

Harvester of Sorrow
Frayed Ends of Sanity
Blackened
Eye of the Beholder
One
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 11:23 pm

Dyers Eve. Without a doubt. Love that song. That's probably in my top 5 all-time Metallica favorite songs. Stupid MetalGuy Fun Fact: The girl I dated in college was nicknamed "The Harvester of Sorrow" by my friends (behind her back, of course). She had a way of turning everyone around her miserable, including me.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 11:45 pm

One. It's one of the greatest metal songs, imo.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 11:48 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Definitely my least favorite Metallica album other then the Loads and St. Anger. First album I bought by them where I was a little disappointed. Not really a horrible album but just not nearly as good as Kill'em All, Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets. Favorite song was probably Blackened though.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:33 am

One, although the whole album is great. My favorite album though is now and forever, Master Of Puppets.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:53 am

Blackened is my favorite Metallica song of all time.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:23 am

"Dyers Eve, "Blackened" or "Harvester Of Sorrow"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:07 pm

Harvest of Sorrow and Blackened rawk!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:14 pm

"Blackened" for me. What a great opener!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:41 pm

All songs are good, but ONE is my pick.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:07 pm

I didnt like this album that much when it came out. The production bugs me. Lars kick drums sound all "clickity clack" and I despise it! With that said though I would go with Harvester of Sorrow as a stand out track along with Blackend and Dyer's Eve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:10 pm

MoonChild wrote:
All songs are good, but ONE is my pick.

OK, I give up. Which one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:34 pm

zombiewalkin wrote:
I didnt like this album that much when it came out. The production bugs me. Lars kick drums sound all "clickity clack" and I despise it! With that said though I would go with Harvester of Sorrow as a stand out track along with Blackend and Dyer's Eve.
What? I think the drums sound killer! You ever listened to this loud, with the bass nice and equalized? It's killer. Weirdo.
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:41 pm

Blackened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next