Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??

Go down 
+29
the sentinel
TheGooch
metalinmyveins
TH Joe
Stender
MetalH
krokus
Leatherface
INVADERS
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
jstate
Follower of Jesus
Mortuary
zombiewalkin
MoonChild
Fat Freddy
Invader
MetalRob331
DallasBlack
7thSecond
XYZ
MetalGuy71
ThrashedOutCobra33
tul
Required Fields
stepcousin
thejokeriv
Thrasher73
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:42 pm

Eyesore wrote:

What? I think the drums sound killer! You ever listened to this loud, with the bass nice and equalized?

There's actually bass on that album?? Where? Shocked

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:30 pm

I'd probably have to go with One, but only for the last 3 minutes, which are, to me, some of the best metal in all music history. Other favorites include Blackened, Frayed Ends of Sanity, and Shortest Straw.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

What? I think the drums sound killer! You ever listened to this loud, with the bass nice and equalized?

There's actually bass on that album?? Where? Shocked

That cd has some of the best bass work on any Metallica cd and is what gives it that heavy sound.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 7:48 pm

Haven't listened to it in awhile, but my favorite was always Frayed Ends Of Sanity. Probably ought to break it out for a spin. Did I ever love this record back when it came out.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:05 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

That cd has some of the best bass work on any Metallica cd and is what gives it that heavy sound.

You're kidding right? The bass is so buried in the mix on that record that it's barely audible unless you listen REAL close. Yea, Newsted played like a mutha but unfortunately nobody can hear it!!

When that album came out my friends and I joked "Damn, Cliff Burton died, but they buried Jason!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

You're kidding right? The bass is so buried in the mix on that record that it's barely audible unless you listen REAL close. Yea, Newsted played like a mutha but unfortunately nobody can hear it!!

When that album came out my friends and I joked "Damn, Cliff Burton died, but they buried Jason!"

They did bury the bass way down in the mix. I wouldn't be surpised if it was beacuse Cliff had died
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:14 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

They did bury the bass way down in the mix. I wouldn't be surpised if it was beacuse Cliff had died

Urban legend has it that it was all part of the "hazing" that Jason had to endure when he first joined the band, but I don't know if I buy that... from what I hear, they put that boy thru the wringer for a very long time but it would seem counter productive to all but neutralize his playing on a recording that probably cost a few hundred thousand dollars to produce...

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:25 pm

Harvester of Sorrow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Yeah, there's literally no bass work to be found. And this is a notorious part of Metallica's history (not too mention childish and retarded). It is a heavy mix, though. But I think the drums sound great.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:28 pm

One
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:01 am

I love the whole album, but Blackened and Dyer's Eve are my Favs
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:53 am

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Yeah, there's literally no bass work to be found. And this is a notorious part of Metallica's history (not too mention childish and retarded). It is a heavy mix, though. But I think the drums sound great.

Guitars mix = heavy
Bass mix = nada just a bassy drone
Drum mix = sucking donkey nutz

The good thing about this album is that Kirk played his tail off and James was still "not singing". He took vocal lessons in between this and the self titled album and it all went down the toilet to my ears.

Jason is an incredible bass player, get a copy of Flotsam and Jetsam's Doomsday For The Deciever (especially the remaster) and he tears that album apart. The mix on AJFA is quite frankly abysmal and an kick in the groin to Jason's playing.

Just my 2 cents angry

BTW this is just a rant and not directed at you Def Leppard dood......even though you did call me a wierdo......which is ok cuz I am. lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

When i was in my band i bought my bassist the AJFA bass tab book and there is some serious bass work on this cd. You think that cd is as heavy as it is from just guitars? The bass is what gives it that crunch. Jason mostly played the same thing James did but on bass. You arent going to hear the bass as much when you use a pick either. Have you guys ever seen the Binge and Purge boxset watch Jason play the heck out of his bass.

Another point is Metallica at that point was recognized for James, Lars, and Kirks playing. Jason wasnt known so therefore he wasnt turned up. Jason is imo a better all around bass player then Cliff anyways a lot of ppl laugh at me when i say this but Cliff used different effects and was a guitar player on bass.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:15 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

When i was in my band i bought my bassist the AJFA bass tab book and there is some serious bass work on this cd. You think that cd is as heavy as it is from just guitars? The bass is what gives it that crunch. Jason mostly played the same thing James did but on bass. You arent going to hear the bass as much when you use a pick either. Have you guys ever seen the Binge and Purge boxset watch Jason play the heck out of his bass.

Another point is Metallica at that point was recognized for James, Lars, and Kirks playing. Jason wasnt known so therefore he wasnt turned up. Jason is imo a better all around bass player then Cliff anyways a lot of ppl laugh at me when i say this but Cliff used different effects and was a guitar player on bass.

Interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:39 pm

Shortest Straw
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:20 pm

My least favorite of their 80's albums, but I do still like it. One would be my pick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:39 am

TO LIVE IS TO DIE. Very special song.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:49 pm

As overplayed as it is, I've always been fond of One.

My favorite song, however, is tied between the title track and To Live Is To Die.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 10:51 pm

Blackend or Shortest straw.
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:26 pm

"To Live is to Die"
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:31 pm

I would definitely have to say "Blackened", followed by "Harvester of Sorrow", and "Shortest Straw".
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:54 pm

Eye of the Beholder of Harvester of Sorrow
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:50 pm

Justice is my 2nd fave behind Kill 'em All. And I go with:

5."The Shortest Straw" (6:35)
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:57 pm

Frayed Ends Of Sanity
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 11:37 am

Selvmord wrote:
Frayed Ends Of Sanity

hear them calling me! ha ha ha haaaaa!

a forgotten classic from the metallica catalogue for sure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??   Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favourite song from "And Justice For All"??
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next