Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rage - Seasons of the Black

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6350

Rage - Seasons of the Black Empty
PostSubject: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 6:16 pm

Rage - Seasons of the Black Rage_Seasons

The creativity and productivity of the German heavy metal trio RAGE seems to have no limits. Only 14 months after the successful "The Devil Strikes Again" neckbreaker, RAGE deliver their new, 23rd studio album called "Seasons Of The Black", which will be released on July 28th!
"Our fans are getting RAGE metal of the very first grade. We've been able to bring the band's typical trademarks into eleven new songs, and we're sticking to the course that we forged on the last album! This means hard and very catchy compositions that also sound thrash, aggressive and epic", tells band leader Peavy.

https://www.facebook.com/RageOfficialBand/posts/1331782186868476:0

Rage has become a top favourite band for me, and I'm super stoked once again humble
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37726

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 6:19 pm

I dig this band but I completely lost track of them at least three or four albums ago ...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 6:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I dig this band but I completely lost track of them at least three or four albums ago ...

I only got into them three or four albums ago! lol!

I now own almost everything they ever released. It's been less than ten years since I started digging into their back catalogue, though I've owned Perfect Man for closer to twenty now.

Just an incredible band with a mind blowing discography. A distinct sound yet somehow so very varied.

I loved that last record. Aggressive and earnest.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39942

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 6:51 pm

Damn that was fast. I haven't been disappointed by this band yet so getting this one will be a no brainer
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 11:30 am

I have the Soundchaser Archives coming in the mail, and I recently bought the LMO album plus the Nuclear Blast All-Stars album they did (Into the Light).

Those should keep me happy till July.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:46 pm

Stunning how prolific these guys are. I enjoy their late 80's to mid 90's stuff but a lot of it since then sounds pretty samey.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9904

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:51 pm

I am still digesting their latest album and here they are back with a new one. Great news as always. Rage always deliver.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 1:06 pm

Lari wrote:
I have the Soundchaser Archives coming in the mail, and I recently bought the LMO album plus the Nuclear Blast All-Stars album they did (Into the Light).

The soundchaser archives has some very nice material. There is a lot to enjoy in there.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 10:21 am

Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:

The soundchaser archives has some very nice material. There is a lot to enjoy in there.

Arrived today. I didn't listen to it all yet, but it's a very nice package for a fan.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 10:25 am

Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:

Arrived today. I didn't listen to it all yet, but it's a very nice package for a fan.

The Soundchaser Archives is the one missing piece in my Rage discography.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 11:33 am

It's only around $7.50 on Amazon, new.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 12:02 pm

It is worth acquiring. Before you know it, it will be out of print.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 3:38 pm

So the first single is apparently called Blackened Karma.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 12:56 am

Sounds very good. Rage have become an instant purchase for me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 11:58 am

New video !
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 2:51 pm

Very good tune. Got me hooked. Can't wait for the rest.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 3:41 pm

Good no frills song. Maybe a little too stock.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 11:27 am

Track list:

Album CD:
01. Season Of The Black
02. Serpents In Disguise
03. Blackened Karma
04. Time Will Tell
05. Septic Bite
06. Walk Among The Dead
07. All We Know Is Not
08. The Tragedy Of Man - Gaia
09. The Tragedy Of Man - Justify
10. The Tragedy Of Man - Bloodshed In Paradise
11. The Tragedy Of Man - Farewell

Avenger Revisited (Bonus CD):
01. Adoration
02. Southcross Union
03. Assorted By Satan
04. Faster Than Hell
05. Sword Made Of Steel
06. Down To The Bone
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 3:27 am

Lari wrote:
Track list:

Album CD:
01. Season Of The Black
02. Serpents In Disguise
03. Blackened Karma
04. Time Will Tell
05. Septic Bite
06. Walk Among The Dead
07. All We Know Is Not
08. The Tragedy Of Man - Gaia
09. The Tragedy Of Man - Justify
10. The Tragedy Of Man - Bloodshed In Paradise
11. The Tragedy Of Man - Farewell

Avenger Revisited (Bonus CD):
01. Adoration
02. Southcross Union
03. Assorted By Satan
04. Faster Than Hell
05. Sword Made Of Steel
06. Down To The Bone

That bonus cd is interesting. Are we talking re-recordings?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 3:43 am

Yes. In that studio report they were recording the Avenger songs.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 10:35 am

I assume they're rerecording the Avenger tunes to get them back under their control? I have the originals so that doesn't concern me but if you don't own them, that's a cool inclusion.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 10:47 am

That's not the reason. Peavy owns his entire back catalogue, including Avenger. He bought them back recently.

He will likely re-release the Avenger + the first 2 Rage albums soon, and this is a good way to build interest. There will probably be a box set too, with bonus stuff like the Refuge Years set.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 10:51 am

Interesting. I believe that's the first I've heard he bought the catalog.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 1:27 pm

He said it himself in an interview I saw last year (?) on Youtube. They will be re-released.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC3GPTD3Tag
But damn that's a long interview. I can't be arsed to find the actual quote. I watched it during a boring day at work.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 1:56 pm

The first 2 are among their best releases imo. Constant spinners.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rage - Seasons of the Black
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next