Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Artwork Misinterpretation

Go down 
+7
XYZ
HellRaiser
DeathCult
the sentinel
Trial by Fire
Rex
Mglaffas81
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Artwork Misinterpretation Empty
PostSubject: Artwork Misinterpretation   Artwork Misinterpretation Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 9:48 am

Greetings, Fellow Metal Brothers

I have experienced a lot of times, that I have had/seen a picture of an album, and only getting a basic overview of the album cover (even though I am a sucker for album covers) - What album covers have you seen a billion times, but then one day you look at it, and see something that you never thought was there/thought was something else?

I have lots, but from the top of my head, I can think of :

Youthanasia (Megadeth) - I never saw the actual babies hanging down (I don't own the album, only seen pictures) - At first I didn't notice the lady either, I thought it was just some kind of weird land with odd figures.

Led Zeppelin (ST) - This was a misinterpretation from when I was very young (when I didn't know what a "zeppelin" was) - I thought it was some kind of large foot stomping down on something.

Queen (ST) - I had only seen pictures of the cover, and I always though it was some kind of rocket launch or something like that.

..and theres loads of others that are a lot more amusing, just can't think of any right now.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Artwork Misinterpretation   Artwork Misinterpretation Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 9:52 am

Not very observant huh? lol!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Artwork Misinterpretation   Artwork Misinterpretation Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:05 am

Rexorcist wrote:
Not very observant huh? lol!

Haha, well if I had the actual albums from start, of course I would notice, but a lot I have only seen small pictures of..is this thing just me? aww.. Sad
Back to top Go down
Trial by Fire
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Trial by Fire

Number of posts : 271

PostSubject: Re: Artwork Misinterpretation   Artwork Misinterpretation Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 4:24 pm

I used to think the cover of Black Sabbath - Paranoid was a blurry heart or something before I had seen it in person. I could never really figure out what it was from the pictures i had seen online.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Artwork Misinterpretation   Artwork Misinterpretation Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 7:18 pm

Trial by Fire wrote:
I used to think the cover of Black Sabbath - Paranoid was a blurry heart or something before I had seen it in person. I could never really figure out what it was from the pictures i had seen online.

I thought the exact same! - Well, I just thought it was some kind of blurry painting or something, before seeing it in the stores where I saw the man with the sword - I remember being disappointed, as I thought it was such a stupid cover - haha
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Artwork Misinterpretation   Artwork Misinterpretation Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:29 pm

I know exactly what you mean, although no clear examples come to mind. I, however have always been bugged by Def Leppards "Retroactive" cover. I see both the intended photo of the lady at the mirror, and also a human skull framing the photo. Am I the only one who sees this?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e1/Def_Leppard_-_Retro_Active.jpg
Artwork Misinterpretation Moz-screenshot
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Artwork Misinterpretation   Artwork Misinterpretation Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:32 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I know exactly what you mean, although no clear examples come to mind. I, however have always been bugged by Def Leppards "Retroactive" cover. I see both the intended photo of the lady at the mirror, and also a human skull framing the photo. Am I the only one who sees this?

Nope, I see it the same way
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Artwork Misinterpretation   Artwork Misinterpretation Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:36 pm

DeathCult wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Nope, I see it the same way

Me three.

This was actually going to be my example for the thread as it's the one that always got me (and still does)
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Artwork Misinterpretation   Artwork Misinterpretation Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:51 pm

Artwork Misinterpretation All-is-vanity-skull-scary-o

The Retro Active cover is based off this painting. The picture name is "All Is Vanity"
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Artwork Misinterpretation   Artwork Misinterpretation Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:53 pm

I'm suprised Eyesore hasn't chewed you out yet for not knowing Def Leppard history. just kidding

Last edited by xyz on Thu May 29, 2008 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Artwork Misinterpretation   Artwork Misinterpretation Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:02 am

the sentinel wrote:

Its supposed to be like that. So you saw/see it correctly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Artwork Misinterpretation   Artwork Misinterpretation Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 1:12 am

Until recently, I didn't know that the character on Judas Priest's Hell Bent For Leather was a manequin. I actually thought it was Halford.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Artwork Misinterpretation   Artwork Misinterpretation Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 1:21 am

the first time i saw W H O R E's Unfinished Business album cover art, it looked like a guy pissing into the mouth of a fetus that was cut from the belly of a woman by the same guy. strange huh.

Artwork Misinterpretation 48866mh0

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Artwork Misinterpretation   Artwork Misinterpretation Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 5:01 pm

xyz wrote:
I'm suprised Eyesore hasn't chewed you out yet for not knowing Def Leppard history. just kidding

I'm a bit suprised myself. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Artwork Misinterpretation   Artwork Misinterpretation Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 5:59 pm

mc666 wrote:
the first time i saw W H O R E's Unfinished Business album cover art, it looked like a guy pissing into the mouth of a fetus that was cut from the belly of a woman by the same guy. strange huh.

you're not very observant.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Artwork Misinterpretation   Artwork Misinterpretation Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:58 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:
Until recently, I didn't know that the character on Judas Priest's Hell Bent For Leather was a manequin. I actually thought it was Halford.

You learn something new every day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Artwork Misinterpretation   Artwork Misinterpretation Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:47 am

:worthless:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artwork Misinterpretation   Artwork Misinterpretation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artwork Misinterpretation
Page 1 of 1