Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Here's to the Old School...

Go down 
+6
MoonChild
mc666
ultmetal
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
10 posters

Whose tribute was best?
Anthrax - Strap It On (2003)
Here's to the Old School... Vote_lcap12%Here's to the Old School... Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Megadeth - Back In The Day (2004)
Here's to the Old School... Vote_lcap28%Here's to the Old School... Vote_rcap
 28% [ 7 ]
Overkill - Old School (2005)
Here's to the Old School... Vote_lcap60%Here's to the Old School... Vote_rcap
 60% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Here's to the Old School... Empty
PostSubject: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:37 pm

A few years ago, (2003, '04 and '05) 3 different bands put out songs reminiscing about the old days of thrash and metal. Whose tribute to "the good old days" was the best?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:40 pm

I loved Overkill's "Old School." It was my fave track off of RELIXIV. That foul mouthed gang chorus is irresistible, you can't help but sing along. And the references to long-gone NYC metal watering holes like L'amour in Brooklyn (where I saw Overkill several times back in the day) and The Ritz are a nice touch. Great track!! 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:42 pm

I've only heard "Old School" so it gets my vote.

Avenged Sevenfold!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:47 pm

I too went with Overkill, simply because of the 3, I think that one was the catchiest and easiest to remember. All 3 were good fun though.

MESHUGGAH!!!!!111!!! PWNS!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:48 pm

PWNS what does that mean? I'm curious.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:50 pm

Well Gentlemen and you too Spec,Great minds think alike because I say Overkill as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:51 pm

spectrefate wrote:
PWNS what does that mean? I'm curious.

I believe it's supposed to be "Owns", but it was misspelled. I don't now really. It's something all the kewl kids do these days, so I'm hoping that if an old guy like me adopts the practice, it will become un-cool and stopped immediatley. Kinda like when my dad started saying "radical".
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:52 pm

Here's to the old school, didn't matter if you look cool, we drank some beers and broke some heads We never gave a sh*t
Climbed every mountain, stormed every city, They said that this would never last, We never gave a f**k. Hey Hey Hey!!!

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:53 pm

That's boss, MG. Real boss.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:53 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Here's to the old school, didn't matter if you look cool, we drank some beers and broke some heads We never gave a sh*t
Climbed every mountain, stormed every city, They said that this would never last, We never gave a f**k. Hey Hey Hey!!!

See how catchy that is!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:54 pm

spectrefate wrote:
That's boss, MG. Real boss.

Sit on it, Square.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 6:11 pm

Morons. Pwns is a combining of owned and pawned to make one absolutely killer all encompassing word.

Went with Back in the Day.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:10 pm

i voted Anthrax.. it was the least cheesy.

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:17 pm

it still doesn't matter if you look cool

in a city full of sissy club-goer guys, I proudly adorne myself with torn denim and Motorhead shirts
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:46 pm

Overkill - Old School
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:54 pm

Totally dig Strap It On!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:21 am

Only arttie could say that and no mocks him.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 11:19 am

Easily Overkill's.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 11:52 am

I've never heard the Overkill song, but I like "Strap It On" and "Back In The Day". Gave the nod to Megadeth.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 11:59 am

"Back In The Day" is my favorite song from those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's to the Old School...   Here's to the Old School... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here's to the Old School...
Page 1 of 1