Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain

Go down 
+8
Required Fields
DallasBlack
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
zombiewalkin
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Empty
PostSubject: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 8:49 am

It doesn't get much better than this.......This whole album is so killer. For anyone who wants to know what was so great about 80's metal, just listen to this song.

Laterz.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:11 am

🤘

Queensryche's FINEST hour in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:12 am

Great song indeed. I loved Queensryche when they first started out. Had the EP as a new release and equally loved The Warning when it was released. Even had The Warning cover painted on the back of my denim vest in high school, although I used the logo from the first EP in place of the block lettering on the Warning cover. I so wished they would have continued to make music of this caliber instead of going in so many different direction. Operation: Mindcrime was huge disappointment to me. I still don't really care for it, even though I have grown to appreciate later albums like Empire and Promise Land.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:13 am

Great vid, great song.

I always liked the shots of the Japanese kid in the crowd headbanging to this song with all the spiked gauntlets and wristbands on. I would watch this vid and go "Someday I wanna be as METAL as that guy." 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:14 am

I agree with you about Mincrime, ult. Rage For Order is their most underappreciated release, in my opinion. That is an album that I didn't really "get" when I first heard it when I was 13 or 14, but now it may be my favorite of theirs. I always switch between Warning and Rage as my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:16 am

I am shocked and appalled at both of you guys' disinterest in MINDCRIME. That is one of the albums I want buried with me when I die. 🤘

Everything up till MINDCRIME rules. Everything after that is pretty much "meh."

BTW Spec, love the Rocky Horror avatar.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:19 am

Thanks.

Maybe I'm just extremely burnt out on Mindcrime, but the earlier stuff just always does it for me.

BTW, if these discs are buried with you, what do you think is going to happen to them?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:21 am

spectrefate wrote:

BTW, if these discs are buried with you, what do you think is going to happen to them?

This is where I'm supposed to make some sort of cheesy comment like:

"I'll have a stereo in my coffin so I can keep RAWKIN OUT even from BEYOND THE GRAVE!"

🤘

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:23 am

Yeah, that's what I thought you'd say. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:24 am

What will happen is Spectre defiling your corpse and final resting place to get to the goodies. So what if there are some lingering touches along the way? It's a victimless crime. What FF doesn't know can't hurt him.

Shocked affraid

By the way, I thought this was going to be a Tourniquet thread!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:36 am

I was a late comer to Queensryche. Mindcrime was my 1st exposure to the band, so it's always gonna have a special place in my heart and I had to work my way backwards through their catalog. I enjoy the older material, but I'm a Mindcrime loyalist.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:49 am

This song is about liberty vs. communism right?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:55 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
This song is about liberty vs. communism right?

I've always thought it was about taking hold of a flame and gaining something (other than a burnt hand) by doing so, but I could be wrong. I'm pretty shallow that way.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:04 pm

I now have the first EP and Rage For Order (just need The Warning now) and I can see (or is it hear) why people prefer the older stuff. Operation Mindcrime is a decent album however, the only songs I listen to regularly from that is Eyes Of A Strager and I Don't Believe In Love (two of my favortie songs). I got into them with Empire and that still remains one of my favorite albums from my early metal years. After that I thought Promised Land was all right but the rest I can do without.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:43 pm

Somehow, I liked a lot of their more current stuff, even the covers album has some good stuff. Nothing beats Rage though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:49 pm

Everything up to Hear In The Now Frontier rules!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:50 pm

Q2K was rotten awful I thought.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:47 pm

Great song.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:57 pm

This song almost brings me to tears, that's how good it is!! This is the pinnacle of one of my favorite bands, and def. the band that broadened my metal horizon back in the day. If if weren't for bands like Queensrÿche, Agent Steel and Loudness, I'd still be stuck in the more "mainstream" bands like Maiden and Def Leppard.

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 2:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

This is where I'm supposed to make some sort of cheesy comment like:

"I'll have a stereo in my coffin so I can keep RAWKIN OUT even from BEYOND THE GRAVE!"

🤘

HA! When I was a kid we used to go to Ocean City,MD every summer. We would each get to pick the obligitory vacation t shirt. I think I was 14 or so when I got the 3/4 sleeve:

When I die
Bury me deep
Place speakers at my feet
and headphones on my head
and play rock and roll when I'm dead!
🤘
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 2:42 pm

Quote :
When I was a kid we used to go to Ocean City,MD every summer.

Hey, me too! We'd alternate Ocean City, Rehobeth Beach and once we went to Chincoteague and Assateague Islands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:18 pm

You guys ever heard Ion Vein's version of this song? It's fantastic!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:22 pm

Link? Very Happy

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 6:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
You guys ever heard Ion Vein's version of this song? It's fantastic!

Yeah, it's very good.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 4:12 am

great song to listen to in the rain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain   You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next