Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy? Empty
PostSubject: Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy?   Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 12:25 am

The new stuff just seems so flat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy?   Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 1:09 am

Yep. They matured, got older. But I wouldn't say their new stuff is flat. I think their new stuff is great. In fact, Stadium Arcadium—what a stupid name!—has 28 songs, and I think all of them are great.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy?   Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 1:36 am

the only song i cared for was the Stevie Wonder cover of Higher Ground. all of the rest sounds flat to me.

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy?   Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 9:42 am

They've definately mellowed out, but I really dig their current sound. It works really well.

PostSubject: Re: Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy?   Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 12:00 pm

It is ok. The stuff with Hillel Slovak had tons of energy. Even the material with John Frusciante was high energy also. Seems like once John got off all the drugs and he rejoined the band, they went really mellow, even more poppier than the earlier stuff

Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy?   Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 8:10 pm

I have to wonder how much of their "current mellower" sound has to do with the HUGE success of the song "Under The Bridge"...up until radio and MTV glommed onto that tune...they were a force to be reckoned with..nealy every single released snce then has been mid-tempo to say the least

(same thing happened to GOO GOO DOLLS....lots of folks don't know they ever did anything other tan ballads)

PostSubject: Re: Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy?   Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 11:44 pm

Shiney wrote:
I have to wonder how much of their "current mellower" sound has to do with the HUGE success of the song "Under The Bridge"...up until radio and MTV glommed onto that tune...they were a force to be reckoned with..nealy every single released snce then has been mid-tempo to say the least

(same thing happened to GOO GOO DOLLS....lots of folks don't know they ever did anything other tan ballads)
Sugar Ray is the classic example of this. The first two albums are excellent, especially Lemonade & Brownies. THe follow-up had "Fly." HUGE hit! The next three albums were acoustic. Pffft.

As for RHCP, they've always had mellow stuff on their albums.
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy?   Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 4:49 am

Yeah. Their early stuff was all over the place. Their new stuff is kinda boring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy?   Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 12:16 am

They losit after Blood Sugar Sex Magik, technical riffs were gone and the sound became pretty bland. The new album is the best they've had since.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy?   Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did the Red Hot Chili Peppers lose there energy?
Page 1 of 1