Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zion - THRILLSEEKER

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Zion - THRILLSEEKER Empty
PostSubject: Zion - THRILLSEEKER   Zion - THRILLSEEKER Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 1:09 pm

Zion - THRILLSEEKER Zionrexscott

Anybody else got this disc? I usually dig odds-and-ends releases from long-gone bands like these but I have some issues with this one, particularly the "live" tracks that start off the album ("Who Pulls the Strings" and "Kick In The Gates") ... I'd have to dust off my THUNDER FROM THE MOUNTAIN disc to know for sure but to my ears, those "live" songs sound merely like the album versions with some crowd noise and extra sound effects stripped in. That's cheatin'! Seriously, those tracks sound about as "live" as Judas Priest's UNLEASHED IN THE EAST if you know what I mean. Has anyone else who's got this disc noticed this phenomenon?

The tracks from Zion's demos are more interesting, I wish there were more of them instead of just one or two tracks from each demo... Maybe this CD should've consisted of just the demos, instead of padding things out with the so-called "live" tracks and the other fillers (which include a drum and bass solo, some "backstage humor" which is just the band members goofing into the microphone, and a "radio promo" of a DJ from Pittsburgh doing an "intro" to one of their songs...does anyone really care about these things?)

All in all, I'd say that THRILLSEEKER is a decent collector's piece (thanx to Saxon for the trade by the way), but I was hoping for much more from this disc. Sigh.

EDIT: I just realized that I erroneously posted this in the Heart of Metal area rather than the "Hurting Words" era... if one of the Mods wants to move it, feel free. My bad.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Zion - THRILLSEEKER   Zion - THRILLSEEKER Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 2:31 pm

Not a big fan of this disc for the reasons you already mentioned. Love Thunder From the Mountain though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Zion - THRILLSEEKER   Zion - THRILLSEEKER Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 11:25 pm

i was all gung ho for this cd but after hearing about the 'live' tracks i decided not to get it. I have the zion demos so there was nothing new for me...

Alex

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zion - THRILLSEEKER   Zion - THRILLSEEKER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zion - THRILLSEEKER
Page 1 of 1