Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Candlemass Vocalist

Go down 
+9
ThrashedOutCobra33
Olafsto
AchrisK
Lurideath
kmorg
ultmetal
mc666
candlemass
Rex
13 posters

Johan Längqvist
Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Vote_lcap18%Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Vote_rcap
 18% [ 5 ]
Thomas Vikström
Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Vote_lcap4%Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Björn Flodkvist
Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Vote_lcap0%Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Messiah Marcolin
Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Vote_lcap54%Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Vote_rcap
 54% [ 15 ]
Robert Lowe
Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Vote_lcap24%Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Vote_rcap
 24% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage

Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:18 am

Favorite?

Mine is Johan Längqvist. I think his vocals on Epicus... are near perfect. They are somber, powerful and not over the top.

But honestly, Messiah is THE vocalist for Candlemass, even if others are better singers.

How 'bout u?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:21 am

Robert Lowe by miles and miles.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:21 am

Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Messiah
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:27 am

While I prefer Lowe's tone & delivery...he's only got 1 album under his belt with the band. Messiah may have that "billy-goat" vibrato, but he's the LEGACY!!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:28 am

Rob Lowe is my favorite doom singer of all time, as well as in my top 10 metal singers ever.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 11:24 am

spectrefate wrote:
Favorite?

Mine is Johan Längqvist. I think his vocals on Epicus... are near perfect. They are somber, powerful and not over the top.

But honestly, Messiah is THE vocalist for Candlemass, even if others are better singers.

How 'bout u?

🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 12:34 pm

Robert Lowe but MM is the man when it comes to Candlemass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 1:00 pm

Messiah is excellent, but sometimes he sounds like he's trying to take a dump. Robert Lowe has been a top 3 vocalist for me ever since I first heard Solitude Aeturnus, so he gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:35 pm

Messiah of course.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Messiah for Candlemass. Robert Lowe is a better vocalist over-all, but Messiah has the voice that fit Candlemass better than anyone! Johan Längqvist would be my 2nd choice.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 4:00 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Messiah for Candlemass. Robert Lowe is a better vocalist over-all, but Messiah has the voice that fit Candlemass better than anyone!

this
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 4:10 pm

kmorg wrote:
Messiah of course.

Oh yes!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 4:54 pm

I think we'll see just how well Lowe fits in with the band on their upcoming album. As great as he sounds on it, the last one was written for Messiah; the next one will be written for Lowe. I'm interested to see if opinions of him in Candlemass change then.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm

Messiah
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:32 am

Johan. I'm not sure whether it's his voice or the overall atmosphere on Epicus, but there's something really magical about that album, as corny as that sounds. It is the ultimate Candlemass album. It's probably Johan's voice. He's not much of a fancy singer, and that's what makes him great.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:12 am

Johan. No contest.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:04 am

I am going against the trend here, but I like Thomas Vikstrom. He's a fantastic singer and I like his work with 7 Days and Mehida as well.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:18 am

Oh yeah, Vikstrom is a killer singer, just not the right one for Candlemass imo.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:29 pm

I guess I just couldn't help thinking of all the other projects I've heard Vikstrom on and I just enjoy hearing him so much that maybe it skewed my vote a little bit. He's amazing on Essence of Sorrow- Reflections of the Obscure.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 1:49 pm

Messiah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Candlemass Vocalist   Favorite Candlemass Vocalist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1