Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HOW TO TREAT LP'S

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

HOW TO TREAT LP'S Empty
PostSubject: HOW TO TREAT LP'S   HOW TO TREAT LP'S Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 11:21 am

What is the right way to clean lp's?

Should you store the lp's on an inclined position or one on the top of the other?

what tips are recommended to maintain an lp?

Is it true that LP'S after many listens get ruined?

As for now, I made 2 boxes and put them the way the LP stores have them, on an inclined position
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

HOW TO TREAT LP'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOW TO TREAT LP'S   HOW TO TREAT LP'S Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 10:16 am

Quote :
What is the right way to clean lp's?

Use a custom made brush to get rid of the dust. Just let the LP run on the tuntable, and dut in a slow manner from the outer rim towards the middle.

Quote :
Should you store the lp's on an inclined position or one on the top of the other?

Doesn't matter, unless you stack them on top of eachother in really large quantities. The weight might become a problem. I used to always store them in rows on a shelf, and the spine in views. I also made sure that the album was in it's inlay, and the inlay was "faced" the so the vinyl coul not fall out of the cover.

Quote :
what tips are recommended to maintain an lp?

Eh, no sharp objects? Always put it back in the cover when not listening to it. NO HEAT! (My brother actualy ruined a vinyl single in the sun ones. It ended up looking like a rollercoster!!

Quote :
Is it true that LP'S after many listens get ruined?

Only if you don't take care of it. Don't leave fingermarks etc on the playing surfaces.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

HOW TO TREAT LP'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOW TO TREAT LP'S   HOW TO TREAT LP'S Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 11:35 am

I have been cleaning my LP'S with a t-shirt and water, and clean them from the inside to te oustside. Is it a right way to clean them, or I am scratching the LP'S?

"Eh, no sharp objects? Always put it back in the cover when not listening to it. NO HEAT! (My brother actualy ruined a vinyl single in the sun ones. It ended up looking like a rollercoster!!"

Ohh, I tought that by placing the LP'S on an inclined position caused the LP's to bend.

Thanks men. 🤘
Back to top Go down

HOW TO TREAT LP'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOW TO TREAT LP'S   HOW TO TREAT LP'S Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 11:37 am

Treat your LPs as if they were as important as your weiner. That's how I care for my CDs. They may get dirty, but I wipe 'em off and they as good as new.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

HOW TO TREAT LP'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOW TO TREAT LP'S   HOW TO TREAT LP'S Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 11:53 am

powermacho wrote:
I have been cleaning my LP'S with a t-shirt and water, and clean them from the inside to te oustside. Is it a right way to clean them, or I am scratching the LP'S?

A T-shirt and water is not the best way to clean 'em! Moisture is not your LPs friend!

I've found that the cloths for a "Swiffer" floor-cleaning tool do a nice job of removing dust from LPs. They're gentle and won't scratch the vinyl. Don't go from the inside to the outside (that's how you're supposed to clean CDs, not LPs.), go in a circular motion following the grooves of the LP.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

HOW TO TREAT LP'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOW TO TREAT LP'S   HOW TO TREAT LP'S Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 9:05 pm

Swiffer also makes a handled duster that I thought worked really well. I keep mine in the inclined positions - but I wouldn't keep large numbers of them that way due to the weight against the ones on the end of the row. Never had a problem, but I get paranoid about it.

All my albums from my youth ended up sitting exposed in my parents summer sweltering attic. The only ones that really hurt losing were Motley Crue's Shout At The Devil and the many .45s. I was not happy that day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HOW TO TREAT LP'S Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOW TO TREAT LP'S   HOW TO TREAT LP'S Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOW TO TREAT LP'S
Page 1 of 1