Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The vinyl collecting thread...

Go down 
+52
DevZor
BillRoxx
jstate
brokentulsa
penguindevil
Joe
Ravenscraig
tohostudios
mlotek
JBall_Z
Gilbert
troublemagnet
Witchfinder
SpectreFate
Wargod
GrandNational
nevermore
stepcousin
Certif1ed
MetalGuy71
chewie
Jesusandmetal23
Doomdance
Mordor
Addy
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Sutekh
sam
Dave the Boss
martinsane
akeldama
Schbopo
brontotex
ThrashedOutCobra33
manny
Shiney
EvyMetal
scottmitchell74
rattpoison
James B.
powermacho
franang
TrogDawn
kmorg
DeathCult
TheGooch
mr.electric39
Fat Freddy
mc666
sovdat
ultmetal
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 5:50 am

kmorg wrote:
That's a GREAT catch!
Now if I can only find the first one! greedy

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 O56218
I saw it at gemm.com yesterday for the low low price of only $400.00 fainting
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
franang
Metal novice
Metal novice
franang

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 6:05 am

ultmetal wrote:
Have had this one for some time, but finally got around to scanning it. Glow-in-the-dark vinyl.
The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Kiss_creatures_glow

Read the thread carefully, we're speaking about Thrash and not Hard Rock
Back to top Go down
http://franang.sts.free.fr/
franang
Metal novice
Metal novice
franang

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 6:17 am

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Living-death
The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Holocausto
The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Hobb
The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Hellhammer-crucifixion
The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Gehennah
The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Funeral%20nation
The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Exumer-possessed
The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Darkangel
The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Celtic-frost-tales
The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Agressor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 6:56 am

franang wrote:

Read the thread carefully, the thread was changed to include other genres, Mr. Turdley.
Back to top Go down
franang
Metal novice
Metal novice
franang

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 7:03 am

spectrefate wrote:
franang wrote:

Read the thread carefully, the thread was changed to include other genres, Mr. Turdley.

hooops...whisky is not good in morning...beat me haahha
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 3:29 pm

Trog's Recent Vinyl Pickups: greedy

AEROSMITH - Draw the Line (w/ pic sleeve & order form)
AEROSMITH - Night in the Ruts (w/ pic sleeve)
BLACK SABBATH - Black Sabbath (US WB green label version)
HUMBLE PIE - Eat It (w/ booklet)
HUMBLE PIE - Street Rats
IRON BUTTERFLY - Heavy
IRON MAIDEN - Women in Uniform (EP)
JUDAS PRIEST - British Steel
JUDAS PRIEST - Point of Entry (UK version w/ order form)
KANSAS - Leftoverture (w/ pic sleeve)
KING CRIMSON - In the Court of the Crimson King
LED ZEPPELIN - Led Zeppelin
TED NUGENT - Free for All (orig. cover w/ pic sleeve)
TED NUGENT - Weekend Warriors (w/ pic sleeve)
OZZY OSBOURNE - Blizzard of Ozz (US version w/ pic sleeve)
STEPPENWOLF - Steppenwolf
THIN LIZZY - Jailbreak
THIN LIZZY - Live and Dangerous
THREE DOG NIGHT - Golden Biscuits

TOTO - Toto (w/ pic sleeve)
UFO - No Place to Run (European version)
UFO - Mechanix
WISHBONE ASH - Pilgrimage (Decca version)
YESTERDAY & TODAY - Struck Down
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:20 am

Picked up the first pressing of Stryper's Yellow & Black Attack. Notice the cover is slightly different than the second pressing.

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Stryp_yellow_LP
First pressing

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Stryp_yel
Second pressing

The true first pressing is catalog # E-1064. This particular pressing featured a slightly misprinted cover. The image on the cover was enlarged to the point where the "hand of God" is almost completely missing and the letters are not visible on Robert Sweet's rocket. This pressing also does not have a bar code on the back cover. The more common pressing has the corrected cover, a barcode on that back cover and is catalog # 71064-1. (The catalog numbers can be seen on the spine as well as on the label of the A-side of the record itself.)

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:42 pm

Quote :

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Stryp_yel

I used to have this cover on a T-shirt back in the day. Ahhh, memories!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:41 pm

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Hendrixbox1
The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Hendrixbox2

Thats my baby, my german 12 LP Hendrix box.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:24 pm

Ult says I should repost this here, so I'll add a bit about each.

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Gogmagog

As the picture shows, this is a pretty cool collaboration. It was Pete Willis's first project after Def Leppard. There's some weird controversy that's attached to this release now. It was put together by Jonathon King, an old English songwriter (he wrote two of the three tracks on this EP). In 2001, he was "was convicted of sexual offences committed in the 1980s against boys aged 14 and 15, for which he served three and a half years in jail." He denies it.

Anyway, it is a pretty good EP. Hard to find, too. Someone sent me the MP3s once, so I give them to you:

GOGMAGOG - I WILL BE THERE (EP)

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Downset_blast

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Downset_anger

These are two of Downset's earliest release under the name Downset (they were known as Social Justice from 1987 to 1992). The version of "Anger" on the Anger 7" has the anti-Rage Against The Machine lyrics, as Downset felt like the band ripped off their style (and I agree). Those lyrics were later changed on the major label debut.

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Monster_lizard

Just one of Monster Magnet's early releases. Pretty rare.

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Nudeswirl_split

A lot of people don't know about this one. I was talking to the guitarist from By Blood Alone a few weeks ago about Nudeswirl, and he told me this story about how he tried out for them back in the day. I guess they wanted him in the band and sort of thought he was in the band, but he decided not to join them. So he was an unofficial member for a few days. He's a fan of the band, told me a lot about their history that I didn't know. But he didn't know about this EP, and he's apparently great friends with the guys from The Blisters.

So a nice rare collectible. I've never listened to it, though. Gotta get another record player ASAP!

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Offspring_baghdad

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Offspring_kill

Two indie releases from The Offspring. I know a lot of you don't like this band, but outside of their goofy radio hits, they're an excellent punk band!

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Stompbox_halloween

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Stompbox_pick

These I haven't listened to yet. The bottom one—the rarer of the two—I've had for years, but I just scored to top one recently. Stompbox was a short-lived local band, but they did release on killer album on a major label called Stress. Definitely worth checking out.

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Strife_fire

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Strife_st

Again, I haven't heard these yet. I know that sounds crazy, but who the hell has $300+ for a record player these days? Haha. I plan on buying one of those turntable-to-USB players soon. Anyway, these are indie releases from the hardcore band Strife, released before their Victory records debut. The My Fire Burns On tracks were added as bonus tracks to that Victory debut, but the self-titled has never been released on anything else.

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Tad_loser

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Tad_salem

Tad's Loser and Salem EPs. Pretty hard to come by, but not so much now as they were when I found them. This is my favorite band from the Seattle scene.

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Def_lep_wasted

Just a single for "Wasted." Wish I could find a better copy; this one is ragged. But cool to have, especially since the "Wasted" and the b-side "Hello America" are not the On Through The Night album versions but different recordings.

And the most prized piece of my collection:

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Def_lep

Def Leppard's debut EP from 1979. Limited to 1,000 copies. 100 of them had lyric sheets and other goodies, but mine doesn't have it. =( There is also two other versions of this EP: a 1979 yellow-label reissue with no picture sleeve, and a late 80s white-label fan club reissue. They're all pretty hard to find, but the white label is the easiest of the three, of course.

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Def_lep_ottn1

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Def_lep_ottn2

And Ult, here are some more. Looks like my On Through The Night does have the lyric sheet. Unfortunately it's not the very earliest version with Joe's last name misspelled and no band name about the album title.

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Def_lep_hysteria

Just a limited picture disc version of Hysteria.

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Def_lep_int

Yeah, I have three versions of this stupid thing. Haha. It's just an interview picture disc. And a crappy one at that. But how could I pass owning one in standard LP style, and then buzzsaw- and batman-shaped versions? They do look cool, at least.

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Testament_lae

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Testament_tbf

Not sure how rare these two really are, but they're the rarest Testament things I have to show off.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:30 pm

Cool assortment, Eye! I haven't seen that Testament LIVE @ EINDHOVEN thing in years. I believe my brother still has his copy. I remember us going to the record store and seeing that and Overkill's F**K YOU EP sitting next to each other in the "new release" rack. He bought the Testament album, and I bought the Overkill (on cassette).

To the best of my knowledge the Testament "Eindhoven" was a Europe-only release, and it's never been released on CD that I'm aware of. I know I read an interview with Chuck Billy some time ago where they asked him about reissuing it and he was like "Oooh, y'know, that's one we've been thinking about looking into. Yeah, we have to get that back out again." As of yet, no sign of it though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
To the best of my knowledge the Testament "Eindhoven" was a Europe-only release, and it's never been released on CD that I'm aware of. I know I read an interview with Chuck Billy some time ago where they asked him about reissuing it and he was like "Oooh, y'know, that's one we've been thinking about looking into. Yeah, we have to get that back out again." As of yet, no sign of it though.
Yeah, it's never officially been released on CD. I had the EP for ages and recently found a near mint copy (pictured) for $10.99. So I sent Ult my older copy.

Like you, I wish they'd release it on CD, though.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 3:51 am

Eyesore wrote:
As the picture shows, this is a pretty cool collaboration. It was Pete Willis's first project after Def Leppard.

Anyway, it is a pretty good EP. Hard to find, too. Someone sent me the MP3s once, so I give them to you:

GOGMAGOG - I WILL BE THERE (EP)
Thanks, man! I heard about this YEARS ago and I've always wanted to hear it, but I've never run across it. The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 309780

Eyesore wrote:
Just a single for "Wasted." Wish I could find a better copy; this one is ragged. But cool to have, especially since the "Wasted" and the b-side "Hello America" are not the On Through The Night album versions but different recordings.
Any chance of you posting mp3's of these two alternate versions? I've been looking for those. What a Face

Eyesore wrote:
And the most prized piece of my collection: Def Leppard's debut EP from 1979. Limited to 1,000 copies. 100 of them had lyric sheets and other goodies, but mine doesn't have it. =( There is also two other versions of this EP: a 1979 yellow-label reissue with no picture sleeve, and a late 80s white-label fan club reissue. They're all pretty hard to find, but the white label is the easiest of the three, of course.

Very cool! I have a scratched up 45 version on silver label Vertigo without any sort of pic sleeve.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 12:42 pm

SCORE!!!! This came in the mail yesterday!
The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Angel_rock45
European 7" single with the blue Casablanca label.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 2:35 pm

You guys are all merry, no appreciation for my Hendrix box! angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 6:26 pm

Actually, I think that box set rules! Very nice collection. 🤘

ult

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 10:30 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Any chance of you posting mp3's of these two alternate versions? I've been looking for those. What a Face
Unfortunately, no. Someone else sent me the Gogmagog MP3s. Once I buy one of those record players that plug into USB ports, I'll probably rip most of my rare vinyl. If I haven't been banned from here then, I'll upload them for you.

Here's another cool collectible:

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Kiss_boss_split1

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Kiss_boss_split2

Yep. A Kiss/Mighty Mighty Bosstones split 7". It's an official release, but only ever released as a promo—I think.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 2:22 pm

That's cool!!!! I'm a big KISS Geek, so I really dig that! headbanger

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 8:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Unfortunately, no. Someone else sent me the Gogmagog MP3s. Once I buy one of those record players that plug into USB ports, I'll probably rip most of my rare vinyl. If I haven't been banned from here then, I'll upload them for you.
OK, cool. Can you tell me the times (0:00) for each of those alternate versions? That way, if I run across them online, I'll have an idea of what I find.

Trog's Vinyl Pickups: greedy

ACCEPT - Restless and Wild
AEROSMITH - Toys in the Attic

AEROSMITH - A Big 10 Inch Record
ARGENT - All Together Now
ARGENT - Nexus
BLUE CHEER - Vincebus Eruptum
KATE BUSH - The Dreaming
CAPTAIN BEYOND - Dawn Explosion
DEEP PURPLE - Fireball (UK version)
DIO - Holy Diver
FOGHAT - Live
FOGHAT - Stone Blue
GRAND FUNK RAILROAD - We're an American Band (w/ stickers)
GRAND FUNK RAILROAD - Shinin' On (w/ pic sleeve, insert & glasses)
IRON BUTTERFLY - Ball
IRON BUTTERFLY - Live
IRON BUTTERFLY - Metamorphosis
IRON MAIDEN - Killers
IRON MAIDEN - Piece of Mind (w/out pic sleeve No)
LED ZEPPELIN - Led Zeppelin
LED ZEPPELIN - Led Zeppelin (re-issue)
LED ZEPPELIN - IV
MOLLY HATCHET -
Beatin' the Odds
SCORPIONS - Tokyo Tapes
STEPPENWOLF - Monster
STEPPENWOLF - 7
Y&T - Open Fire: Live
YES - Yesterdays
YES - Relayer
YES - 9012Live

Last edited by TrogDawn on Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 11:00 pm

Trog, saw a couple mint copies of 90215 at the store I went to yesterday. Need 'em?

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 5:05 am

Sure! Thanks. Just one will do. The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 309780
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:08 pm

OK. Will try to get over there this week sometime. They might have had Big Generator too.

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 3:44 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 1:54 am

Today:
BANG - Bang
ALICE COOPER - Love it to Death (green WB label, censored cover)
KING CRIMSON - In the Wake of Poseidon
YES - The Yes Album
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 10:04 am

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Alice
Alice Cooper, Love it to Death
When Warner Brothers started taking flak over the cover-image on 1971's Love it to Death, the questionably "offensive" thumb (centre) was airbrushed away on all later printings. The streets of America were thus made safe once again.

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The vinyl collecting thread...
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next