Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Edenbridge - My Earth Dream

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Empty
PostSubject: Edenbridge - My Earth Dream   Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:06 am

*yaaaaaaaawwwwwwnnnn* Sleep

That is all...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge - My Earth Dream   Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:20 am

That's how I feel about all Edenbridge albums.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge - My Earth Dream   Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:24 am

Fooey on you all!!! Very Happy I am looking forward to this album but then again I like Edenbridge.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge - My Earth Dream   Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:30 am

I love Sabine's voice but the music is just a major snoozefest to me.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge - My Earth Dream   Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:33 am

tohostudios wrote:
I love Sabine's voice but the music is just a major snoozefest to me.

I understand, the music is real light and "airy" and not for everybody.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge - My Earth Dream   Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:48 am

She'd be better suited to a more subdued band like The Gathering...she doesn't have enough "oomph" in her voice for this style. Edenbridge, IMO, are a "Genre Band"...if you like this genre, you'll like them. If you don't, this is not the band that will make you a fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge - My Earth Dream   Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:27 am

http://teethofthedivine.com/site/reviews/edenbridge-my-earth-dream/

My review...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge - My Earth Dream   Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 1:21 pm

Is this Blabbermouth?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge - My Earth Dream   Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 1:23 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
http://teethofthedivine.com/site/reviews/edenbridge-my-earth-dream/

My review...
Your name is Stacy Buchanan?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge - My Earth Dream   Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 1:25 pm

no...just noticed that...I'll email him...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge - My Earth Dream   Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 4:36 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
no...just noticed that...I'll email him...
I didn't think so. Haha.

By the way, I just gave this album a one-through, and I like it. I still don't think Nightwish is a good comparison for most female-fronted metal bands. The similarities are too basic. Nightwish, in my opinion, is a few levels above most, as they have a very unique sound. Either way, I do like this album.

Edenbridge are the most dynamic out there, but they're solid. What they lack most is the hook. Their choruses don't captivate; they're just good for the moment. Nothing wrong with that, of course, as it makes for a good listen; but this band should listen to some Def Leppard! =)

And Sabine is looking fantastic in the pictures. Lanvall still looks like a douchebag brother of James Labrie. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge - My Earth Dream   Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 7:41 am

Nightwish is just the most obvious comparison, especially musically with Edenbridge. Vocally, Sabine is nothing like Tjara.

I realize there are different styles of female fronted Metal...The Gathering, Lacuna Coil & Nightwish could not be more different...but these 3 are the general measuring stick by which most people will judge other bands in this field...

The first time I ever heard Edenbridge (I reviewed their first album), I pretty much thought the same thing..."Good musiciains, boring songs, sounds like Nightwish"...obviously, not everyone thinks like I do becuase they're on, what, their 5th or 6th album? Someone must like them more than I do. But, like I said, they're a "Genre band"...if someone likes this genre, there's no reason for someone to not like them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge - My Earth Dream   Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:42 pm

Oh, I know they're the generic comparison point, like Dream Theater is with prog. But I think Nightwish sounds very different, even musically. I'm a big fan, though, so maybe I hear stuff others don't.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge - My Earth Dream   Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:14 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Oh, I know they're the generic comparison point, like Dream Theater is with prog. But I think Nightwish sounds very different, even musically. I'm a big fan, though, so maybe I hear stuff others don't.

About the only similarity I see between Edenbridge and Nightwish is that they're both fronted by a woman. Musically, they're a lot different IMO. Nightwish is much heavier and frequently features male vocals (at least they do now).

Oh, there is one other similarity. I don't like either band anymore (never did like Edenbridge)

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge - My Earth Dream   Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:28 pm

Let me clarify:

I know Nightwish is heavier. I know Nightwish is better. I know Nightwish uses male vocals sometimes. I didn't say Edenbridge were exact copies of Nightwish.

They "sound like" Nightwish in that they play faster, melodic metal oriented riffs (like Nightwish) and utilize a female vocalist (like Nightwish). If they played more subdued, ambient Metal, I would have referenced The Gathering...if they played a more modern, down-tuned form of Metal, I would have referenced Lacuna Coil...

That's why I said they sounded like Anneke (more subdued female vocals) singing for Nightwish (faster, melodic metal riffs)...

Everyone on the same page now? Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge - My Earth Dream   Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:30 pm

What were we talking about again? scratch
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge - My Earth Dream   Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 8:32 am

Listened to it last night and on first impression...I love it. Not their best (Arcana) but almost on par with The Grand Design. One thing for sure though, this is their heaviest release to date. Edenbridge has always been light and airy but IMO, this album sheds a lot of that.
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge - My Earth Dream   Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 9:18 am

I agree Dallas, I think this is a great album, and finally they have got a bit heavier. Still love her voice , awesome 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge - My Earth Dream   Edenbridge - My Earth Dream Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edenbridge - My Earth Dream
Page 1 of 1