Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot

Go down 
+7
Tall Tyrion
mc666
powermacho
MetalGuy71
zombiewalkin
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
11 posters
AuthorMessage

A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Empty
PostSubject: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:34 am

http://www.leisuresuit.net/Webzine/articles/heavymetal_parkinglot.shtml
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:41 am

Oh,those were the days! 🤘

Graham man,like gram of dope lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:42 am

I love "H.M.P.L.". I gotta get another copy of that video someday. My old one was lost in a basement flooding incident about eight years ago Sad

Zebra Stripe Body Suit Guy is my favorite 'character' in the movie... "That punk sh*t belongs on f*ckin Mars! Madonna's a d*ck!" Laughing very hard

That article was a great read!! My favorite bit, from "The Hot Chick and her Dog Friend"...

Quote :
This is Kelly’s first heavy metal concert, and, you can tell, her last. She has that Phil Collins fan look about her, maybe she’ll listen to her quarterback boyfriend’s Van Halen tape when she’s jerking him off in the rec. room with her rubber glove, but no way in hell is she ever again going to let her doggy friend from Maryland drag her to another Priest show. Especially after she registers disgust and barks, “Get away from me, please” as two heavy-metal dirt bags lean into her near the end of her interview

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:53 am

My two favorite quotes were:

Quote :
The problem is, I know these people--if not personally, then take my word for it, I’ve known dozens of people just like them. And they’d view a documentary like this as if it were a video yearbook, the real one, not the fake one at school where all the popular kids made the rules.

Quote :
For me, that undertow ran through Heavy Metal Parking Lot. I recognize it as me bringing my own baggage to the film, but I couldn’t help but think you could make the exact same film about black kids hanging out at a rap concert, except no one would be laughing at or even with them, but sternly mulling over the serious problems facing African-American culture in America today. The key to Heavy Metal Parking Lot is that working-class white kids in America are no better off, only it serves no one’s political and/or cultural agendas to acknowledge this.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 12:22 pm

A great article! The video brings back memories of 1986 big time! The hair, the beat cars...all of it. Check out this clip from youtube. At the 2:00 mark you will see what I basically looked like around that time. There is a kid in glasses that is almost the spitting image of me from 86!.........sadly LOL

Heavy Metal Parking Lot Clip
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 12:23 pm

Oh look! At the 2:15 mark there is my Ford Granada!!! ROTFL!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 12:37 pm

The "Hell Yeah" chick looks like a girl I dated a few times back in the day. Must be the feathered red hair. And by "dated", I mean "had drunken sex with a few times at parties/social gatherings/keggers then never spoke to ever again". Ahhhhh, good times, my friend. Good times indeed.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:17 pm

here are some vids

punk belongs on mars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq-NIrgg9kU&feature=related
hell yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyN-OAHC4TY&feature=related
i am ready to rock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWQ4d16TvrU&feature=related
rob harford is the best havy metal singer aroooooound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhRCVm-1r2k&feature=related

This other one is from another show, but it very funny.
FROM THE SLAYER,EXOUS,VENOM CONCERT
SLAYER, YEAHHH, METAL, MUTER F**, F* YOU, SATAN. Laughing very hard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlWznRJqiDY
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:18 pm

i still have this on vhs. haven't watched it in years though.

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:22 pm

I turned 15 that year. Wow.

The whole thing can be seen here:

http://heavyrockmusicvideoworld.magnify.net/item/FGGMMW0FL5ZJ1RBL
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:24 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
I turned 15 that year. Wow.

I saw this same tour (Priest/Dokken) at the Meadowlands Arena in New Jersey. It was my first concert, I was 16 years old. I'm sure if a camera crew had walked around the Meadowlands parking lot they would've captured more of the same exact nonsense. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:26 pm

Exactly, Freddie. We can all see people we know in this video. Kinda like Dazed and Confused.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:33 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Exactly, Freddie. We can all see people we know in this video. Kinda like Dazed and Confused.

1986, I was just shy of getting into heavy metal, but fast-forward 2 or 3 years and it was the EXACT same crowd in the parking lots of the Philly area. Maybe a little more aqua-net and spandex by that time, but the attitude/retarded-ness hadn't changed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Yeah, I'd say 88 was my year, and it was the same. Actually, you could go to our mall parking lot and see that when it closed on friday and saturday nights.

Last edited by SoldierUnderCommand on Thu May 08, 2008 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:43 pm

I had been to see DLR and Cinderella in El Paso about a month before
that Priest/Dokken tour came through. I had kind of planned to go, but
never got off my lazy butt to order the tickets. Sad
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:49 pm

Does anyone else think it's funny that the die-hard Judas Priest fans in Heavy Metal Parking Lot are there to see their favorite group performing/promoting Priest's Turbo album, which in most fan's opinions is one of the least popular in their catalog?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Does anyone else think it's funny that the die-hard Judas Priest fans in Heavy Metal Parking Lot are there to see their favorite group performing/promoting Priest's Turbo album, which in most fan's opinions is one of the least popular in their catalog?

They're all too drunk. Otherwise the film would show each participant saying, "Hey, y'know what? The new Priest album kinda blows. Let's go see that new band, Metallica, opening for Ozzy instead."

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu May 08, 2008 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Does anyone else think it's funny that the die-hard
Judas Priest fans in Heavy Metal Parking Lot are there to see their
favorite group performing/promoting Priest's Turbo album, which in most fan's opinions is one of the least popular in their catalog?

Yeah, but on the other hand, that album got a lot of girls into Priest
that year. I know my girlfriend (now wife) even bought that album and
she did not listen to any Priest previously. They were probably
thinking of all the hot babes that would be there.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 6:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Zebra Stripe Body Suit Guy is my favorite 'character' in the movie... "That punk sh*t belongs on f*ckin Mars! Madonna's a d*ck!" Laughing very hard
To bad he was the biggest poser of them all. Get the DVD version and you'll see what I'm talking about. I actually went to the same exact Dokken/Judas Priest show the night before this one was filmed, in Hampton, VA. Sure wish they'd filmed it a day earlier. Oh well I still love this DVD.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:39 pm

Friends from HS were at that very show (Cap Centre, Largo MD). My parents wouldn't let me go (of course I was pissed - I was a Jr in HS and everyone I knew was going) - they didn't want me going to a place were lots of people were doing drugs.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:22 pm

I've got to get this on DVD. I've only ever seen it on a third generation bootleg VHS. Watching the clips makes me miss the eighties in Maryland. The Cap Centre parking lot was such a great place before shows. And it was that way no matter who was playing.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 10:05 pm

jstate wrote:
The Cap Centre parking lot was such a great place before shows. And it was that way no matter who was playing.
It wasn't just the Cap Centre parking lot, they were all fun back then. But I sure know what you're saying. 🤘
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:13 pm

Watchin' these clips brings back some great memories of the eighties. Good times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot   A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Drive Back In Time: Remembering 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot
Page 1 of 1