Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music?

Go down 
+18
7thSecond
TheGooch
nevermore
TrogDawn
Mordor
ghost
rattpoison
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
romeolimagolf
SAHB Healer
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
powermacho
Thrasher73
Tall Tyrion
scottmitchell74
Selvmord
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music?   Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 5:02 pm

I get it occasionally but I usually just ignore it. There was a time when I was in high school that my Metal Church "The Dark" t-shirt caused quite a stir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music?   Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 5:10 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
About Mike E Clark I thought their last album would be like the old days since he was back but I was surprised that it wasnt even close. And yea when they threw in the whole thing about God that just totally ruined it. Oh well it was fun while it lasted.
I think back in the day, Mike was a member of the group. After the split, he became a producer. Instead of having a say in the process, like he once did, he now sat back and just did what he was told. Some songs were great, but overall most of them were weak. Too bad. Just listen to Project Deadman; he's clearly capable of creating those really cool, old school-sounding tracks.

I made the mistake of just buying the recent Dark Lotus album. sick
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music?   Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 5:32 pm

i dont think i have had any complaints though some of us at work like to tell each others musical taste sucks. he listens to hipster metal and i listen to a load of seventies stuff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music?   Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 8:16 pm

There's definately more serious stuff in this shitty world to get hung up on than what shirts people wear. So I cant be bothered by those sort of people. I'm not going to like people's dress sense alot of the time, but who am I to tell them how they should be? I hate tattoo's for example, but obviously alot of others think the opposite.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music?   Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 9:07 pm

I hear sh*t all the time about how I dress. But then again this is my everyday work and home attire: Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music? - Page 2 MeandJosh
Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music? - Page 2 Skully
Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music? - Page 2 Goingbytheoldmansplace
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music?   Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 9:17 pm

I really can't fathom going up to a stranger and confronting them about something they are wearing. One time I took a class where this woman sat in front of me always wearing a Marilyn Manson shirt with some shocking statement or image on the back. Didn't really like having it stare me in the face for an hour - but never once did I ever think I should confront her. I figured she probably didn't care for what I was wearing as well.

The only time I ever remember someone approaching me about a concert shirt was for my Bad Brains Banned in D.C. one. The women in her fifties wanted to know if I had done the art work myself because she liked it. Very strange conversation.

In a similar vain, I've retired my Iowa Hawkeyes hat due to always being asked by all the snowbirds/retirees who come to Arizona where in Iowa I'm from. I liked the hat for the colors and logo even though my grandparents and dad are actually from Iowa. I say the small town that they are from and no matter that the people who asked are from the other end of the state it is like we are long lost neighbors. Fine in certain situations but when you're in a hurry it got to be a bit much and way too regular of a happening.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music?   Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 11:20 pm

When I was in school, people usually liked the metal t-shirts that I wore. I might have a had a few times people questioned me about them. I wore a Kreator "Endless Pain" t-shirt one night when I started a job and some of the workers thought it was kind of funny. I only have one metal t-shirt right now, but I never wear it because it's too small now. Have to get some new ones.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music?   Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 12:19 am

Eyesore wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
About Mike E Clark I thought their last album would be like the old days since he was back but I was surprised that it wasnt even close. And yea when they threw in the whole thing about God that just totally ruined it. Oh well it was fun while it lasted.
I think back in the day, Mike was a member of the group. After the split, he became a producer. Instead of having a say in the process, like he once did, he now sat back and just did what he was told. Some songs were great, but overall most of them were weak. Too bad. Just listen to Project Deadman; he's clearly capable of creating those really cool, old school-sounding tracks.

I made the mistake of just buying the recent Dark Lotus album. sick

I never got into dark lotus. I saw the new album when it came out and I had a feeling it wasnt good.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music?   Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 12:31 am

I ususally get no reaction whatsoever to my cocert t-shirts or music. I get the occasional preppy who will stick out his tounge, give me the horns, and growls (mockingly of course) but it just makes them look like retards. I used to be able to wear t-shirts at Wal-Mart but they instituted a uniform policy. Because I'm overnight I can wear jeans and but only a solid blue shirt (from regular blue to navy blue). I still wear my rock shirts under my uniform shirts (from both jobs) and wear them off the clock (i.e. lunch, breaks, etc.). I would love to have a job where I can dress my own way again but it may never happen again (at least it was fun while it lasted).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music?   Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:33 am

Well, I literally destroy my ears with the music I listen to, wearing gigantic headphones that could pass as computer speakers, and my music at full volume. So, people bug me all the time about turning my music down, but have the time I can't even hear them. Sometimes, I can't even hear myself talk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music?   Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do people still bug you about your concert t-shirts / music?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2