Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE

Go down 
+3
rattpoison
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:55 pm

"Groman" (Bad Biscut's drummer) has uploaded three more B.B. vids to YouTube...

"Blowin' Smoke"

"Kids In America"
(Yes, a cover of the new-wave one hit wonder by Kim Wilde)

"Annoying Little Brat"

Enjoy. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:17 am

Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE - Page 2 83628 BUMP!

Well, geez, it took me forever but I finally got around to acquiring the third (and most likely final, unless there are any other things hanging 'round the vaults) Bad Biscut CD, SHAG ABBEY, from CDBaby this week. This album was supposed to be released in 1997 but ended up being shelved till 2008. I've given it a couple of spins and I can sorta kinda see why it wasn't released back in the day... because it's kinda disappointing compared to the earlier two releases (THE AMERICAN DREAM? and WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE). I'm wondering if the album was ever actually "completed" (i.e. properly mixed/mastered for release) because some of these songs don't sound like they're truly "album quality."

Song-wise they lean more towards the snotty 90s pop punk of the day at the expense of the cool, '80s sleaze/hard rock backbone that had supported the earlier releases. I described them earlier in this thread as "The Ramones and GNR doing bong hits with Skid Row," unfortunately on most of these songs the GNR and Skid Row influence has been taken out of the equation. The album is kind of a mish mash of '70s bubble gum (lots of "oooohs" and "aaaahhs" in the choruses) and '90s pop punk. Anybody remember the band Jellyfish? This disc kinda sounds like a slightly harder edged version of them.

Not bad, but not as good as I was hoping it would be either. Oh well. At least the previous two discs still freakin smoke.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 2:14 pm

Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE - Page 2 83628

Been listening to this band's debut album a lot lately so I done wrote me a blog entry about it:

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Forgotten-Albums-Bad-Biscut-THE-AMERICAN-DREAM-1994

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE   Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad Biscut - WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2