Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City

Go down 
+11
Smindas
Thrasher73
mc666
James B.
SAHB Healer
Olafsto
White_Mage
Fat Freddy
kmorg
tohostudios
rattpoison
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City   Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:21 am

Shreveport La, lets see.....
Kenny Wayne Shepard, barf.
James Burton, Legend & a hell of a nice guy.
Hank Jr. He was born here but thats about it.
Huddie Ledbetter, Blues legend
Elvis's career pretty much started here at the La Hayride.
Kind of off topic, But can anybody name the only company jingle Elvis ever performed? Hint.. I ate some for breakfast this morning & they were good!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City   Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:24 am

Jimmy Dean sausage?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City   Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:25 am

Hamer12 wrote:

Kind of off topic, But can anybody name the only company jingle Elvis ever performed? Hint.. I ate some for breakfast this morning & they were good!!!!!

Jimmy's Goat Balls & Finger Lickin Good Scrotum Company? scratch
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City   Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:54 pm

Amazingly my friend Bob that I asked about the original Crash Street Kids knew them, and auditioned for Melvin James later project "Planet Melvin". He said they played quite a few gigs around town, and signed with a major record label. However the label was more interested in Melvin than the rest of the band, hence "Planet Melvin" and Bob's audition. I vaguely remember Planet Melvin, but no details. I was really more into Discharge and GBH and TSOL type stuff at that point.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City   Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 7:49 pm

Hamer12 wrote:

The two answers to that question had me rolling. lol!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City   Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 9:20 pm

For Baltimore/Washington and surrounding area:
Kix - everyone was convinced they were going to conquer the world with the Blow My Fuse album and that we wouldn't get those great local shows anymore.

Child's Play - Rat Race is such a great album and they should've been bigger.

Wrathchild - Wrathchild America or Souls At Zero, they'll always be Wrathchild to me.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City   Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:08 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Amazingly my friend Bob that I asked about the original Crash Street Kids knew them, and auditioned for Melvin James later project "Planet Melvin". He said they played quite a few gigs around town, and signed with a major record label. However the label was more interested in Melvin than the rest of the band, hence "Planet Melvin" and Bob's audition. I vaguely remember Planet Melvin, but no details. I was really more into Discharge and GBH and TSOL type stuff at that point.

That's really cool.

I would like to hear Westerberg's thoughts on the band, cause i'm convinced they had a huge influence on the 'Mats classic albums particuarly Tim.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City   Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:25 am

Bob's friend in the band is Tommy Stinson, they both grew up in Minni and moved to LA. However Bob is moving back to Minneapolis within the month; so we'll be having a conversation about this topic soon. I'll ask him what he thinks about it. Since he knew both bands he'll probably have a clue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City   Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hometown Heroes - Your Fav Artist From Your Native City
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2