Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

classic albums released after the Grune Revolution

Go down 
+11
Muloc7253
Invader
powermacho
the sentinel
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
brontotex
rattpoison
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

classic albums released after the Grune Revolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: classic albums released after the Grune Revolution   classic albums released after the Grune Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 7:41 am

Smindas wrote:
get_the_firehouse wrote:
...The culture (Grunge) that emerged was essentially proto-emo.
...no. I'm far from a grunge fanatic, but to imply bands like Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains are 'proto-emo' just isn't right ;P

I think he meant more in attitude rather than sound. But i don't tow the party line that the attitudes are similar in the commonly held belief that both music scenes embody "self loathing" and " woe is me" attitudes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: classic albums released after the Grune Revolution   classic albums released after the Grune Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 12:06 pm

Smindas wrote:
get_the_firehouse wrote:
...no. I'm far from a grunge fanatic, but to imply bands like Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains are 'proto-emo' just isn't right ;P

I'm talking about the culture, not the music per se. Look at how youth started acting. Everyone became gloomy, depressed, and pessimistic. The culture was very cynical. In that sense, it was prot-emo.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: classic albums released after the Grune Revolution   classic albums released after the Grune Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 8:56 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:
Smindas wrote:
get_the_firehouse wrote:

I'm talking about the culture, not the music per se. Look at how youth started acting. Everyone became gloomy, depressed, and pessimistic. The culture was very cynical. In that sense, it was prot-emo.

Doesn't it have more to do with the times and decade rather than the music. The 80's were two steps removed from the 90's. Two polar opposites if you like.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: classic albums released after the Grune Revolution   classic albums released after the Grune Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 9:11 pm

Monstrosity - Millennium
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: classic albums released after the Grune Revolution   classic albums released after the Grune Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 1:03 am

Fight - A Small Deadly Space 🤘
Ark - Burn The Sun
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: classic albums released after the Grune Revolution   classic albums released after the Grune Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 2:44 am

Ah, I can kind of see where you're coming from. But as rattpoison says, I think that was more of a cultural thing than musical.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: classic albums released after the Grune Revolution   classic albums released after the Grune Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 12:25 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:
Smindas wrote:
get_the_firehouse wrote:

I agree that the grunge message was very depressive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: classic albums released after the Grune Revolution   classic albums released after the Grune Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

classic albums released after the Grune Revolution
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2