Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Progressive Rock Band

Go down 
+27
Leatherface
sam
Hamer12
manny
Thrasher73
akeldama
DeathCult
Schbopo
metalinmyveins
Tall Tyrion
assault_attack
candlemass
ThrashedOutCobra33
Stender
INVADERS
stepcousin
MetalRob331
powermacho
Mglaffas81
SAHB Healer
DallasBlack
tohostudios
the sentinel
MoonChild
mc666
EvyMetal
XYZ
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which is your favorite prog band?
Yes
Favorite Progressive Rock Band Vote_lcap8%Favorite Progressive Rock Band Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Pink Floyd
Favorite Progressive Rock Band Vote_lcap26%Favorite Progressive Rock Band Vote_rcap
 26% [ 10 ]
Jethro Tull
Favorite Progressive Rock Band Vote_lcap3%Favorite Progressive Rock Band Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Favorite Progressive Rock Band Vote_lcap3%Favorite Progressive Rock Band Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
King Crimson
 3% [ 1 ]
Genesis
Favorite Progressive Rock Band Vote_lcap8%Favorite Progressive Rock Band Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Rush
Favorite Progressive Rock Band Vote_lcap42%Favorite Progressive Rock Band Vote_rcap
 42% [ 16 ]
Other
Favorite Progressive Rock Band Vote_lcap7%Favorite Progressive Rock Band Vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Favorite Progressive Rock Band Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:00 pm

I included the Big Six and Rush, so there will be ones missing.

Last edited by xyz on Fri May 09, 2008 10:30 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:12 pm

Genesis is my personal favorite. But Pink Floyd, Yes and Rush are VERY close to knocking them out of the top position. I never have cared for the others on the list.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:55 am

It's hard to say, I love Progressive Rock/Metal. I listen to A LOT of Rush and Yes. I am really getting into Porcupine Tree now.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:59 am

of those listed... Rush of course.

MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 4:05 am

Rush and Pink Floyd, but where did the POLL vanish? lol
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:26 am

For me, it's no contest, Rush wins easily. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:05 am

KANSAS
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:07 am

Tull

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:51 am

I'd pick other and one of these guys:

Neal Morse
Spock's Beard
Kansas
Marillion

Rush, Yes, Pink Floyd, and Genesis are prog bands that I am only simi-familiar with.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 3:47 pm

I'd have to say Rush. They influenced many heavy metal musicians. Probably the best thing from Canada.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 4:36 pm

I don't like a lot of prog rock, but The Wall is smurfing brilliant. Pink Floyd it is. humble
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:36 pm

Lots of "other"

Camel
Eloy
Epitaph
FM (Canada)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:17 pm

I'm gonna go with secret choice #9: KISS!

Come on guys....you know you love the Elder....

but seriously, Rush all the way
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:29 pm

The Elder was a masterpiece dude! I,The Oath,Just A Boy,Dark Light,Escape From The Ilsand (Smthin like that), A World Without Heroes,etc... But I'll choose PINK FLOOOOYD
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:33 pm

YES, ALL THE WAY!! 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:13 am

Rush for the heaviest band

Genesis for the favorite vocals Phill Colins

Yes for the best musicians and best albums

ELP for the best LIVE PERFORMANCE

King Crimson for the most influential band

Nektar for the way they put together their songs
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:47 am

Ditto on the Nektar.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:55 am

Rush, Kansas, and Spock's Beard are my favorites..
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:42 pm

always Rush, they will always be #1 with me, but lately #2 Pink Floyd. If you asked me 6 months ago, I wouldve said #2 Kansas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:42 pm

GENESIS (Peter Gabriel...absolutely brilliant!!)
RUSH (How can a music fan not like these guys?)
FOCUS (Not mentioned as much as other bands, but they were amazing, too!)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:45 pm

Quote :
FOCUS (Not mentioned as much as other bands, but they were amazing, too!)

The only band I know of that included yodeling in their music. BTW, the Helloween cover of Hocus Pocus is great.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:56 pm

Quote :
The only band I know of that included yodeling in their music. BTW, the Helloween cover of Hocus Pocus is great.

Wow, that sounds interesting...I've never heard the HELLOWEEN version. HELLOWEEN got lost in the shuffle for me at the turn of the 90's. There were so many bands vying for my attention and the last thing I bought from them was "Keeper-Part 2" around '88. What album is the HELLOWEEN version on?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:01 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Jukebox-Helloween/dp/B00005QK3E/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1209081647&sr=8-1

Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:48 pm

Rush by far
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:03 pm

I almost thought that no one was going to bring up Focus, great musicians right there but I would have to say Rush with Focus bringing up a close second. Yodeling is awesome!

Last edited by Stender on Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Progressive Rock Band   Favorite Progressive Rock Band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Progressive Rock Band
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next