Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New King's X record (XV) Thread!

Go down 
+3
nevermore
thejokeriv
rattpoison
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

New King's X record (XV) Thread! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:10 am

Eyesore wrote:
There's so many great, catchy songs on this one—"Pray", "Rocket Ship", "Broke", "Alright", "Move", "Go Tell Somebody." All of those could be radio hits, given enough exposure.

I mean at least on modern rock radio or whatever format you have over there.

I think it's their most accessible record, and that shouldn't be seen as a bad thing. I betcha Atlantic records if they had the chance would slap them in the face and say "Where was this (XV) 15 years ago".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 4:12 pm

So who bought it? Opinions?

Sax, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:47 am

I've said it before and i'll say it again. It's their best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:21 am

rattpoison wrote:
I've said it before and i'll say it again. It's their best.
Best? Bold words. I'm not sure if I'm willing to call it their best, but I'd definitely say it's top 5.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:26 am

It vaulted straight past Tapehead and Dogman as my fave King's X rave.

Although ask me the question in a months/years time and it may be different. But it's has been dominating my playlist for the last couple of weeks since i downloaded it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 2:25 am

rattpoison wrote:

Although ask me the question in a months/years time and it may be different. But it's has been dominating my playlist for the last couple of weeks since i downloaded it.
Tapehead, huh? Interesting. A lot of people would call that one of their worst. They'd say the same about Manic Moonlight, but that's probably my favorite King's X album. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:39 am

King's X has a diverse enough catalog that every album they've released is someone's favorite.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:53 pm

Eyesore wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

Tapehead, huh? Interesting. A lot of people would call that one of their worst. They'd say the same about Manic Moonlight, but that's probably my favorite King's X album. Laughing

I love Tapehead. Heck, I love all of King's X's albums except Welcome Home Mr. Boulbous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:46 pm

Sweet!

Quote :
After a 12-year absence, veteran rock act King's X returned to The Billboard 200 last week with "XV" (InsideOut/SPV), debuting at No. 145.

"The first few records, we all wrote a lot of music on our own and reworked it as a band," King's X guitarist Ty Tabor tells Billboard.com. "We went through a period where we were writing everything in the studio, because it was much more spontaneous. But if we do anything for too long, we have to switch it up to keep ourselves interested. So we decided this time to do some writing ahead of time again, and see how that worked."

The end result is something the guitarist is quite happy with. "I like a larger percentage of this record than I have in a very long time. There are a few that I think are undeniably some of the best stuff Doug [Pinnick] has come up with," he says.

Also recently released was a vintage King's X live release via Molkenmusic.com, "Live and Live Some More." The project was recorded during a stop in Dallas on the group's 1994 tour in support of its popular "Dogman" album.

"We put out another live album a few years back that was based on some board tapes with some real iffy gear," Tabor says. "[This new] live album should have been the one we released before."

This summer, King's X is teaming with the recently reunited Extreme for a series of dates on the Rock'n'Roll Fantasy Camp Tour, beginning July 29 in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. Taking its name from an ongoing annual camp in which fans get to play with renowned rockers, the tour will feature an opening performance by campers joined by Gilby Clarke, Elliot Easton and Glenn Hughes, among others.

"They're filming it for a reality show," Tabor says, adding that he's particularly excited to see Hughes perform each night. "But I'm looking forward to it, because I don't know what to expect."

And while King's X remains Tabor's top priority, he still has time for other projects, including Xenuphobe, who recently released its second album, "2.0."

"It's a project that started a few years back with me and Wally Farkas from Galactic Cowboys," Tabor says. "Me and him have always been fans of very out-there, experimental music. It's meant to be listened to from beginning to end as an entire thing -- like watching a movie."

Also on the horizon is a new Tabor solo album. "I'm a good ways through it. It's a pretty heavy guitar record -- by far the heaviest solo thing I've ever done," he says.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:59 am

I think what's more impressive is that it is their first one to make the top 200 without the backing of a major label.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New King's X record (XV) Thread!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2