Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New King's X record (XV) Thread!

Go down 
+3
nevermore
thejokeriv
rattpoison
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

New King's X record (XV) Thread! Empty
PostSubject: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 7:18 am

Hallelujah, praise the lord! King's X have put their first single off their new album on their myspace. It's called 'Alright'.

http://www.myspace.com/kingsx

The melody knock's me sideways, cool lyrical theme. Very promising.

Last edited by rattpoison on Wed May 14, 2008 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 1:05 pm

Good tune
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 2:27 pm

I have the promo, and it's excellent. The first song on the album, "Pray," is one of the band's best ever, could be a hit for the band, in my opinion. You guys are gonna love the album.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 7:35 pm

I heard the tune and it's great. I'm looking forward to the new album!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 12:44 am

Eyesore wrote:
..."Pray," is one of the band's best ever, could be a hit for the band, in my opinion...

What! A song that will finally break King's X to the great unwashed. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 7:14 am

I got the new KING'S X disc on Saturday. I'm on my second spin now, and while its not as immediate to me as Ogre Tones was, it's still very good & growing on me. The first thing I notice is the utter lack of guitar solos. Ty just doesn't solo much, if at all (nothing comes to mind as I type), on this record. The backing vocals are a little more "gang chorus" than stacked harmonies (although there are harmonies present). Jerry takes lead vocals on a song (first time since Ear Candy, I believe). Much of this record has a really loose, live feel...like they just cranked everything up to 11 and rocked! dUg sounds great, as does Ty. The songs to vary nicely from track to track.

Once I give it a more in depth listen, I'm going to post an official review. But once again I can say that KING'S X chose to NOT do whatever it was they did last time and moved on again to something slightly different.

'Alright' is a very cool song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 7:16 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I got the new KING'S X disc on Saturday. I'm on my second spin now, and while its not as immediate to me as Ogre Tones was, it's still very good & growing on me. The first thing I notice is the utter lack of guitar solos. Ty just doesn't solo much, if at all (nothing comes to mind as I type), on this record. The backing vocals are a little more "gang chorus" than stacked harmonies (although there are harmonies present). Jerry takes lead vocals on a song (first time since Ear Candy, I believe). Much of this record has a really loose, live feel...like they just cranked everything up to 11 and rocked! dUg sounds great, as does Ty. The songs to vary nicely from track to track.

Once I give it a more in depth listen, I'm going to post an official review. But once again I can say that KING'S X chose to NOT do whatever it was they did last time and moved on again to something slightly different.

'Alright' is a very cool song.

Sounds pretty good to me. Maybe one day I'll hear it. Smile
Back to top Go down
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:13 am

Man...It has been a while since I bought a King's X album. It is not that I don't like them anymore, I always seem to put their albums off to buying another day. I will have to check it out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 12:00 pm

I'm sad to hear there are no guitar solos as Ty is, to me, what makes King's X great.
Back to top Go down
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 1:22 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I got the new KING'S X disc on Saturday.

Did you get an advanced copy? The new King's X album is set the be released in on May 20th in the US.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:09 pm

novellahub wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I got the new KING'S X disc on Saturday.

Did you get an advanced copy? The new King's X album is set the be released in on May 20th in the US.

Yes.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 7:50 pm

Kings X is one of the few bands I feel the need to buy there new cd's the day they come out.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:00 pm

King's X rules. They have a song to fit just about every mood I've ever been in....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 8:58 am

I'm a little nervous...this album isn't latching on the same way all the others have...and I've been a KING'S X fanboy for 20 years...

don\'t know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:04 am

Really? I think it's the catchiest album they've done in years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:14 am

Eyesore wrote:
Really? I think it's the catchiest album they've done in years.

I don't know man...I can't figure it out...I've liked every KING'S X record ever almost immediately upon first/second listen...this one just hasn't hit the right spot yet...I'm a fanboy for KING'S X of dork-like proportions, but this one hasn't found me yet...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:41 am

here's my review...it grew on me enough to like it...but still feels a little weird in places...

http://teethofthedivine.com/site/reviews/kings-x-xv/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:57 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
here's my review...it grew on me enough to like it...but still feels a little weird in places...

http://teethofthedivine.com/site/reviews/kings-x-xv/

I like that review, Shawn. Not a thumbs up, but not a thumbs down. That's how I felt about Ogre Tones. I'll probably never hear this record.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 8:41 pm

Shawn - Keep listening to it. It definately grows on you. Several outstanding songs. I love the song "Broke." Reminds me of me.... Smile
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:01 pm

assault_attack wrote:
Kings X is one of the few bands I feel the need to buy there new cd's the day they come out.

I felt the same way whenever a new Galactic Cowboys disc came out. Man I sure miss those guys....

But Monty is rockin' hard with his band Crunchy - good stuff.

Kings X is a band I need to listen to. New King's X record (XV) Thread! 56834
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:18 am

I finally 'broke' down last night and downloaded XV.

And i can honestly say this is an instant classic, and by classic i mean it's their best record ever! Freakin' stunning. Maybe chalk this extreme response down to post new record ecstacy and me having no emotional attachment to previous releases when they came out (ie Nostalgia).

King's X drop their at times frustrating lyrics to more straightforward scalpel sharp sentiments. Songs are extremely catchy and bouncy in a classic power pop sense. I'd say even sceptics of the band who "dont get it" would like this release by virtue of it's accessibility.

But yeah King's X really out did themselves on this one. Already it is easily one of favourite rock n' roll records to come out this decade alongside Tsar, Bully, Up The Bracket, Traffic And Weather, The Wildhearts etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:56 am

"Pray" will probably settle in my top 5 King's X tunes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 7:30 am

"Pray" is indeed a great song...as is "Repeating Myself"...
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 2:12 am

Eyesore wrote:
"Pray" will probably settle in my top 5 King's X tunes.

Yep that's a great tune, my fav is actually Move.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 2:53 am

There's so many great, catchy songs on this one—"Pray", "Rocket Ship", "Broke", "Alright", "Move", "Go Tell Somebody." All of those could be radio hits, given enough exposure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New King's X record (XV) Thread!   New King's X record (XV) Thread! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New King's X record (XV) Thread!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next