Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the infamous classic album-dud album combo

Go down 
+15
krokus
MetalGuy71
Selvmord
stepcousin
mc666
XYZ
the sentinel
skullkrusher
powermacho
rattpoison
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
stormspell
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 11:06 pm

decapitate wrote:
First that comes to mind

Iron Maiden "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" followed by the hideous "No Prayer for the Dying."

Soooo true, imho. I just never seem to play NPftD much at all. Sad
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 11:09 pm

rattpoison wrote:
I got one for ya's

The Cult - Electric to Sonic Temple

I respectfully disagree. Very Happy A whole lot. Imho, those are both excellent albums.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 11:48 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Boston - S/T to Don't Look Back

I disagree. I think Don't Look Back was a great album. It didn't top the first album, but that doesn't mean it sucked.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 1:15 am

Judas Priest from Painkiller to Jugulator

that's like from delicious dinner to painful diarrhea.

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 5:50 am

Motley Crue -

From Shout At The Devil to Theatre Of Pain. sick
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 6:47 am

Van halen "Fair Warning" to "Diver Down"
Mortification "Hammer Of God" to "Silver Cord" (not bad just not great)
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 8:26 am

King's X from Tapehead to Mr. Bulbous

I love King's X, but I hate that album! And I thought Tapehead was really great...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 11:38 am

tohostudios wrote:
Nope. I loved Moneymaker then that weed-inspired retro crap on SHMC came out and I went, "WTF"?

I agree with you ToHo. I love the Crowes, but Southern Harmony is my least favorite and hardly gets any spins. Even when I do think to myself "Lemme give it antoher shot" about mid-way through I'm bored with it. I'll keep it becasue of the collector in me, but it's more of a dust collector than anything.

PS Sonic Temple was/is a GREAT cd.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 11:56 am

Quote :

I like Sonic Temple well enough but I just don't thiink it's as good as Electric.

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 2:41 pm

stryper - To hell - In God We Trust
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 3:12 pm

KING JAMES first album was great and the following up was smurf poo.
WIDOWMAKER debut was again great but second smurf poo
first FIGHT was great, second smurf poo.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 3:58 pm

krokus wrote:

first FIGHT was great, second smurf poo.
i thought the second Fight album was awesome. i even liked it better than the first one.

rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 10:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Nope. I loved Moneymaker then that weed-inspired retro crap on SHMC came out and I went, "WTF"?

I agree with you ToHo. I love the Crowes, but Southern Harmony is my least favorite and hardly gets any spins. Even when I do think to myself "Lemme give it antoher shot" about mid-way through I'm bored with it. I'll keep it becasue of the collector in me, but it's more of a dust collector than anything.

You guys are crazy, Southern Harmony is their frickin' masterwerk. Simply stunning. Breaks the mold of simply Faces/Stones derivative as the debut was. Southern Harmony ain't no dud a total success critically and commercially and a success in my snobby black heart.

But then i get it, you damn hard rock kids (shakes fist).

Last edited by rattpoison on Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 11:59 pm

rattpoison wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

You guys a crazy, Southern Harmony is their frickin' masterwerk. Simply stunning. Breaks the mold of simply Faces/Stones derivative as the debut was. Southern Harmony ain't no dud a total success critically and commercially and a success in my snobby black heart.

But then i get it, you damn hard rock kids (shakes fist).

You're totally right. South. Harm. is a classic. I think it's when the Crowes found their sound. It's so much more focussed than the debut.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 12:30 am

Annihilator - Remains is a dud right in the middle of the Annihilator catalog.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 11:06 am

Holy Soldier released two solid melodic metal album in their s/t & Last Train, then their next studio album was a horrid, modern radio rock record.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 1:28 pm

Megadeth with Risk.

Everything up to Risk was a classic in IMO. They had a little wobble with Cryptic Writings (Not a terrible album and had some good songs but a touch too commercial).

Then Risk comes out, WTF!!

Although now, years later I can listen to that album and actually find a few good song on it, it definately is not a Megadeth album and should not have the Megadeth name associated with it.

Straight back on track with the next album and all subsequent releases have been of very good quality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 5:42 pm

UltraMagnus007 wrote:
Megadeth with Risk.

Everything up to Risk was a classic in IMO. They had a little wobble with Cryptic Writings (Not a terrible album and had some good songs but a touch too commercial).

Although now, years later I can listen to that album and actually find a few good song on it, it definately is not a Megadeth album and should not have the Megadeth name associated with it.

Straight back on track with the next album and all subsequent releases have been of very good quality.

Honestly I prefer Risk to The World Needs A Hero, which was the only Megadeth album I could never get into.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:56 pm

Trigger wrote:
UltraMagnus007 wrote:
Megadeth with Risk.

Honestly I prefer Risk to The World Needs A Hero, which was the only Megadeth album I could never get into.

I think World Needs a Hero was very well done. They started to bring back much of the technicality of the Rust in Peace era. A lot of fast, thrashy parts; a lot of technical drumming; and the solos were sounding more dynamic. However, the album cover is horrible, IMO. I wish they would do more covers like Peace Sells and Rust in Peace (i.e. the classic drawn version of Vic). I loved the cover of System Has Failed; it was pretty retro.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 4:24 pm

Exodus - Bonded by Blood to Pleasures of the Flesh (at least for me, back in the day, this was a horrible followup for an album I loved).
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 5:58 pm

Overkill - Horrorscope to I Hear Black (Boringgg)

Agree on Slayer
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the infamous classic album-dud album combo   the infamous classic album-dud album combo - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the infamous classic album-dud album combo
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2