Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shout at the devil

Go down 
+10
DeathCult
Louder
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
mc666
the sentinel
ultmetal
kmorg
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:06 am

Shout at the devil is my favorite Motley crue album. It shows all the different styles they can play. Is there any others that are fans of this album here?
Back to top Go down

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:08 am

No.
Back to top Go down

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:12 am

Whatever....
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:38 am

I Love the Crue.Shout and Too Fast for Love are my favorites.They were my favorite band during my teen years
Back to top Go down

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:48 am

Cool
Back to top Go down

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:01 am

Good call, elven. This is my fav Motley album as well. I got it 2 summers ago and listened to it religilously for the next several months. It's a time when they were actually creative. After hearing the album in its entirety, I could never go back to listening to the title track without the eerie "In the Beginning" before it. It's such a wicked buildup.

"Red Hot" sounded wicked when I saw them on the Carnival of Sins tour. I like the remaster bonus track "Hotter Than Hell", as well. It's basically "Louder than Hell" (my fav Motley tune) slowed down with slightly different lyrics. I don't like the way the solo ends in it though. It needs to end on a high note, but that version doesn't do so.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:11 am

It's the last Crue album I could tolerate. Once THEATER OF PAIN came out I walked away from them. Haven't been back since.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:13 pm

Can we please use this area of the forum for what it's for? REVIEWS!!!!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:08 pm

I'll move this thread into the Heart of Metal room.

ult

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:10 pm

BTW, I love Shout At the Devil. It was one of those albums I was totally into as a high school student in the 80's. Got into Crue early on. Bought Too Fast for Love as a new release after they were picked up by Elektra. The first two Crue albums are essential metal albums IMO. After that they are hit and miss.

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:11 pm

SotD is awesome!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:16 pm

Thanks, ult. Now why didn't I think of that... lol!

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:02 pm

Excellent album. And one of the only 2 I own on CD. I have up to Dr. Feelgood on cassette, but, like Ult said, the others are hit and miss so I don't wish to spend the money on replacing them with cd's.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
The first two Crue albums are essential metal albums IMO. After that they are hit and miss.
agreed, on both points

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 4:47 pm

I slightly prefer TFFL, but there's seriously not a bad track on either that one or SATD.

Knock Em Dead Kid... headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 4:50 pm

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
The first two Crue albums are essential metal albums IMO. After that they are hit and miss.
agreed, on both points

Ditto. Some good songs, not good albums.
Back to top Go down

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 4:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
agreed, on both points

Eh, the S/T was solid all the way through IMO.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 4:53 pm

This is a great album. The 2nd album to get me into metal back in 83.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 5:12 pm

Trigger wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
agreed, on both points

Eh, the S/T was solid all the way through IMO.

Hmmm, I guess. I tend to forget that one when I think Crue, even though I do like that one. I was more talking about albums like Theater of Pain and Girls, Girls, Girls.
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 6:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
It's the last Crue album I could tolerate. Once THEATER OF PAIN came out I walked away from them. Haven't been back since.
What he said.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 6:42 pm

Their best album IMO. Too Fast would be their second best. After those two albums they just slowly faded into the sludge of mediocrity and radio hits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:56 pm

The Elven Warrior wrote:
Shout at the devil is my favorite Motley crue album. It shows all the different styles they can play. Is there any others that are fans of this album here?
heck yeah!!! 🤘 SHOUT, SHOUT, SHOUT........!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:17 pm

I just recently picked this one up ($2.50!!) and it is great! Haven't heard it as an entire album since the 80's with the neighborhood kids. It is essential.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:28 pm

Good album - and then they had to release theater of pain, kept me away from crue until dr feelgood
Back to top Go down

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:12 pm

The Crues best album by far as they were hungry then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shout at the devil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shout at the devil   Shout at the devil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shout at the devil
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next