Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather Empty
PostSubject: Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather   Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 7:36 am

whatever you want to call it, this album never seems to be talked about as much as other Priest releases from the classic era. What are your thoughts on it? scratch

IMO it's weaker than Stained Class, but I'd take it over British Steel. Delivering The Goods, Killing Machine and Before The Dawn are all awesome. Also, Robocop appears to be on the cover, which is cool.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather   Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:33 am

I have both on vinyl!

Wargod48

NP: Iron Cross - Steel Warrior
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather   Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:51 am

Great album, definately in my top 5 JP albums, very underrated I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather   Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 11:30 am

It was my favourite Priest album for a long time (then Painkiller, now Stained Class). I don't mind that the band took a more commercial turn on the album, because it's commercial only in the sense that the songs are shorter and simpler. But, it's still pure heavy metal! And, there's nothing commercial about that. At a time when disco was the flavour of the day, Priest ripped the turntable to shreds (although, I've always thought that "Burnin' Up" had a little bit of disco/dance thing going on). The guitars make this album, no doubt. The solo in "Deliverin' the Goods" is outstanding. The riff in "Rock Forever" reminds of Stained Class songs like "White Heat, Red Hot" and "Better By You, Better Than Me". I think "Killing Machine" has the best guitar of the album: "I got a contract on you (*bohn nha nha NHA nha....that was my attempt at phonetic guitar).

Killer album. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather   Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 11:54 am

Not a review. butt dance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather   Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:26 pm

I find take on the world unbearably cheesy, but its all in good fun!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather   Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 6:45 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Not a review. butt dance

just discuss the Priest, dammit. :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather   Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:19 pm

Trigger wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Not a review. butt dance
But this forum is for reviews. This kind of thread belongs in the normal discussions forum. Not hating on the thread or anything. You'll get more replies in the proper forum, too.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather   Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:22 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Not a review. butt dance
But this forum is for reviews. This kind of thread belongs in the normal discussions forum. Not hating on the thread or anything. You'll get more replies in the proper forum, too.

Which is code for "I have nothing better to do"
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather   Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 8:48 pm

Great album and , yes, very underrated.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather   Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2023 9:19 pm

I own the cassette under the Hell Bent for Leather and the CD under the Killing Machine title.

I like it, with my favorite tracks being "Hell Bent for Leather", "Delivering the Goods", and "Evening Star".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather   Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest - Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather
Page 1 of 1