Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"

Go down 
+21
mr.electric39
ultmetal
80s Metal Lady
Glower
metalinmyveins
Lari
brokentulsa
Wurthless
Troublezone
MoonChild
corplhicks
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
the sentinel
Thelemech
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Witchfinder
James B.
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Best tune on the JP album-"Hell Bent For Leather"
"Delivering the Goods"
Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Vote_lcap21%Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Vote_rcap
 21% [ 6 ]
"Rock Forever"
Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Vote_lcap3%Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
"Evening Star"
Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Vote_lcap0%Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
"Hell Bent for Leather"
Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Vote_lcap34%Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Vote_rcap
 34% [ 10 ]
"Take On the World"
Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Vote_lcap0%Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
"Burnin' Up"
Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Vote_lcap3%Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
"The Green Manalishi (With the Two-Pronged Crown)"
Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Vote_lcap14%Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
"Killing Machine"
Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Vote_lcap14%Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
"Running Wild"
Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Vote_lcap7%Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
"Before the Dawn"
 3% [ 1 ]
"Evil Fantasies"
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 29

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Empty
PostSubject: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 2:37 pm

Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  220px-Judas_Priest_-_Killing_Machine_album_coverart

In case some don't know...it was released in the U.K as "Killing Machine" The U.S version has the song, "Green Manalishi (With The Two Prong Crown)". A Fleetwood Mac cover.

Released-9 October 1978 (UK) 28 February 1979 (US)
Recorded-August – September 1978 at Utopia and CBS Studios, London
Produced by Judas Priest & James Guthrie.
Personnel- Rob Halford – vocals, K. K. Downing – guitar, Glenn Tipton – guitar, Ian Hill – bass guitar, and Les Binks – drums.

The Tracks-
"Delivering the Goods"
"Rock Forever"
"Evening Star"
"Hell Bent for Leather"
"Take On the World"
"Burnin' Up"
"The Green Manalishi (With the Two-Pronged Crown)"
"Killing Machine"
"Running Wild"
"Before the Dawn"
"Evil Fantasies"

At the time, I didn't care for the direction they went in and kind of put them on the backburner.

I flipped a coin between "Rock Forever" & "Running Wild"

"Rock Forever" won

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7610

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 2:40 pm

Another stone cold classic album from Priest.

I picked "Running Wild" but most of these tracks are favorites of mine. "Burnin' Up" would be my dark horse pick.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 3:08 pm

hell bent for leather.

that reminds me. I haven't played these albums in many years. I need to pull em out and give them a fresh spin.

do u guys still play these albums regularly? during the last few years, I was busy discovering new bands so I totally ignored those old classics.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 3:15 pm

"Runnin' Wild" for me as well, tho I prefer the live version on "Unleashed in the East" over the studio version.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 3:31 pm

Delivering the Goods.

No wait, Green Manalishi. No, make that Hell Bent For Leather. Or Burnin' Up. Well, ok, Delivering the Goods.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 3:58 pm

GREAT album !
Tough choice but Hell Bent For Leather gets the nod.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 4:21 pm

Killing Machine with Burnin' Up and Delivering The Goods running close behind.

Green Manalishi and Running Wild I prefer the live versions on Unleashed In The East.

Take On The World is the clunker here, to be followed by United on British Steel.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 6:39 pm

Killing Machine with Burnin' Up closely behind. My favorite Judas Priest album , awesome the whole way through.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:21 pm

Delivering the Goods with Killing Machine and Hell Bent very close behind. Running Wild is my underrated pick on this one.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 10:49 pm

Hell bent, hell bent for leather by a long shot.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 11:10 pm

Hell bent.... I prefer the unleashed versions of green manalishi and running wild
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 1:58 am

"I got a contract on yoo..."
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 2:49 am

I love the song "Before the Dawn". So does Killing Machine, The Green Manalishi, and the great Delivering the Goods.

But that said the vote definitely goes for "Hell Bent For Leather".
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 6:41 am

Green Manalishi
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 11:31 am

Burnin' Up gets my vote. This one's tough though, I used to play the hell out of this album. It could've been Green Manalishi or Delivering the Goods or Running Wild or Evil Fantasies... you get the picture.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 11:43 am

Tough call..the whole album is good..went with The Green Manalishi although Hell Bent For Leather is right there with it...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6329

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 1:34 pm

Killing Machine. Almost went with Delivering the Goods.

Definitely a step down after the stellar Stained Class. Still pretty good though, but I think British Steel does better what this album tries to do.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 7:02 pm

Lari wrote:
Killing Machine. Almost went with Delivering the Goods.

Definitely a step down after the stellar Stained Class. Still pretty good though, but I think British Steel does better what this album tries to do.

I would agree with your thoughts on this album in relation to Stained Class.

As much as I want to go with "Burnin' Up", I have to go with "Delivering the Goods"!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 6:21 am

This tune - really raised the bar high - for all or any future rockers -
like a code of honor - basically live fast, die young motto -
and the song clocks in - under the 3 minute mark -
or as a Saxon song said recently " Surviving Against The Odds " -
If " Born To Be Wild " was ever followed up by another song....it's this one.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:21 am

This is the '70s-'80s Priest album I often forget about. Not a lot of stand-out tracks. "The Green Manalishi" is cool as is "Hell Bent..." "Delivering the Goods" and "Burnin' Up" are OK. I remember "Evening Star" because there is a performance of it on a DVD I have. That song always sounded a little disjointed to me. Other than those tracks, everything else is unmemorable, imo.

I went with "Hell Bent..." because I believe it was the first Priest song I ever heard (off a various artist metal cassette). I liked it so much, I started looking for other JP stuff and became a big fan.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:30 am

Only one song? I can't decide. This is one of my all time favorites from front to back. Gotta say though, Delivering the Goods and Burnin' Up are two of the heavies that made me a fan back in 1980 when I first heard this.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 12:47 pm

A great Priest album through and through... but I went with the stellar title track...

Hell Bent for Leather.... (of course if I was from Europe I would've said Killing Machine....)
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 1:44 pm

I really think that this is a mediocre record but I suppose Hell Bent is a cool song with a terrible chorus.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25807

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 10:28 pm

Delivering The Goods!! One of my all time favorite Priest tracks!
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 1:18 pm

"Hell Bent for Leather" & "The Green Manalishi (With the Two-Pronged Crown)" was a great cover..

Les Binks should have remained the drummer for JP imo..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"    Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best tune on the Judas Priest album... "Hell Bent For Leather"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next