Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Ozzy Disc

Go down 
+35
Addy
SuprimuS
TH Joe
metalinmyveins
candlemass
skullsmasher
XYZ
Schbopo
akeldama
spiritoradio
Pontus
manny
DallasBlack
jstate
nevermore
skullkrusher
Lurideath
Muloc7253
ghostintheruins
Temple of Blood
DeathCult
thejokeriv
mc666
Chairman_Smith
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
kmorg
ultmetal
iamrockerfun
krokus
Troublezone
zombiewalkin
ghost
tohostudios
MetalRob331
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:43 pm

Blizzard Of Ozz
No More Tears
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:22 pm

Blizzard Of Ozz for me.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:09 pm

Gotta go with Diary Of A Madman since I consider it the album that got me into metal.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:14 pm

For the record though, when "No More Tears" was still the new album, I loved it and used to play it all the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:49 am

I love No More Tears but I need more Ozzy albums besides that and Bark At The Moon to say which is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:31 pm

I have liked most of Ozzy's disc, but my favorite Ozzy albums are Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a Madman but only the original recordings not that crappy reissue with re-recordings of rhythm section.
Back to top Go down
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:36 pm

Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman. Bark at the Moon, No More Tears and Ozzmosis are all really nice albums as well but the first two, oh, pure magic... I even think Ozzy does it better on that two albums than much of his work with Sabbath.

Haven't heard those re-issues that everyone's talking about. Is it the CD's with a small version of the album cover in the middle and with the text OZZY on the side?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:49 pm

Pontus wrote:
Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman. Bark at the Moon, No More Tears and Ozzmosis are all really nice albums as well but the first two, oh, pure magic... I even think Ozzy does it better on that two albums than much of his work with Sabbath.

Haven't heard those re-issues that everyone's talking about. Is it the CD's with a small version of the album cover in the middle and with the text OZZY on the side?

No, those are the remastered editions and the ones that you should buy, the re-released the cds again with the proper size cover art and a sticker on front warns you that the bass and drums have been re-recorded.
Back to top Go down
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:00 pm

manny wrote:
Pontus wrote:

No, those are the remastered editions and the ones that you should buy, the re-released the cds again with the proper size cover art and a sticker on front warns you that the bass and drums have been re-recorded.

Oh, alright! Thank you very much for the info! I've thinked since I first saw those strange coverarts (small pic, OZZY on side) that those were the ones that Sharon (think it was her idea?) did re-produce. The only Ozzy-CD i have is a remaster of No More Tears and it got the original coverart and I can't remember it had any warning stickers on it when I buyed it. It sounds like the original album as well.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:29 pm

Speak of the Devil and The Ultimate Sin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:40 pm

Diary Of A Madman
Ozzmosis
Blizzard Of Oz
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:51 pm

Ultimate sin 🤘
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:52 pm

Any album with Rhoads on it and No More Tears
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:14 pm

Diary and Blizzard
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
zombiewalkin wrote:
Diary of a Madman..........period........none better for my ears.

Ditto. This an Blizzard or Ozz are two standards of heavy metal IMO.
Word! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:22 pm

Semi-related:

Which versions of Ozzy's discography do you have? I'm personally a fan of the 1995 remasters with the different color covers. I was upset about the remasters of the first two discs that came out a few years ago, which had re-recorded bass and drum tracks, but there is something about those colors that draw me in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 5:39 pm

1. Diary Of A Madman
2. No Rest For The Wicked
3. The Ultimate Sin
4. Blizzard Of Oz
5. Bark At The Moon
6. No More Tears
7. Ozzmosis
8. Black Rain
9. Down To Earth
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 5:53 pm

1. No More Tears
2. Blizzard of Ozz
3. Diary of a Madman
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:55 am

I found a vinyl replica version of No More Tears today. I soooo wanted pick it up, but since I already own it, and have rebought it 1 time already, I had to pass on it.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:11 am

Anything from Blizzard thru No More Tears...although The Ultimate Sin hasn't aged very well.

My "sentimental" favorite is Bark At The Moon, received it as a Christmas gift from a beloved relative that passed away less than a year later...so it's got special meaning to me.

Plus that album has very underrated tracks like "No You See It, Now You Don't" and "Centre Of Eternity".
Back to top Go down
SuprimuS
Metal student
Metal student
SuprimuS

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 11:41 am

Diary of a Madman
i love randy...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:41 pm

Tribute is my favorite Ozzy disc, I love how well Ozzy and Randy connected on stage, and also breathes new life to what are now overplayed songs on classic rock radio. Ozzy sounds great and Randy Rhoads sounds inspired, I wish they would offically release more live Randy Rhoads era material.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:42 pm

Ozzmosis for me

Then after that I like the Box set and the Essential Ozzy heh
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Addy wrote:
Ozzmosis for me

Then after that I like the Box set and the Essential Ozzy heh

Ozzmosis is stinking heavy Zakks tone on that cd is amazing. Ozzmosis doesnt seem to get recognized like it should.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Ozzy Disc   Favorite Ozzy Disc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 5:47 pm

1.) Bark At The Moon
2.) Ultimate Sin
3.) Diary Of A Madman
4.) Blizzard Of Ozz
5.) Speak Of The Devil
6.) Tribute
7.) No More Tears
8.) No Rest For The Wicked
9.) Black Rain

*Ozzmosis
*Down To Earth
*Live At Budokhan