Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Mortification Album

Go down 
+15
DallasBlack
Invader
AchrisK
stepcousin
GrandNational
MetalH
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
SideShowDisaSter
arttieTHE1manparty
Troublezone
kmorg
Thrasher73
mc666
TH Joe
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Favorite Mortification Album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 1:29 pm

Brain Cleaner is the only LP I find under par, I love all the others, ToM was my introduction to the band, so it will always be my fav.

Last edited by candlemass on Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 9:21 am

I've been on a bit of a Mortification kick for the past couple weeks. Brought in Primitive Rhythm Machine today! 🤘

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:16 pm

Scrolls slays. PMA is close then Erasing the Goblin.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:41 pm

I've never heard Relentless. Hopefully my bid on Sax's copy holds. (He won't hope that because my bid is feeble)
Back to top Go down
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:13 pm

Scrolls and EnVision EvAngeline. No contest.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:56 pm

Just got Relentless in a trade with Spectre. I've listened to it once and like it. It made a good first impression. I didn't hit me like Erasing The Goblin and it's not like classic 90's Morty (although parts of it is) but it's very good and at times even pretty brutal. The Silver Chord and Brain Cleaner are now the only ones I don't care for (although Brain Cleaner has a few good songs).
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:01 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Scrolls Of The Megilloth

After that, it's probably the S/T album and then Post Momentary Affliction.

I like all of their albums to varying degrees. As "meh" as The Silver Cord... was overall, it still had a couple of pretty good tunes on it amongst the chaff.

I agree with the order of your list.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:05 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I have just recently discovered this band. (I know, sad isn't it? Smile ) But so far, I like Post Momentary and the first album. Brutal Warfare is my fav song so far. I don't understand the hype with Scrolls, the guitar sound is so weak on that one, methinks, but I still dig it. Looking forward to getting all the others I have ordered (all but Brain Cleaner and Erasing).

Maybe it's Jayson Sherlocks drumming. 🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 8:07 am

Been listening to all their live albums recently. I like all eras of Mortification. They are raw, down-to-earth, heavy metal.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 10:56 am

Scrolls.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 9:56 pm

MetaLHoliC wrote:
S/T and Scrolls. Satan's Doom is my favorite song. I don't really like any of their other stuff.

Absolutely agree! And Satan's Doom just may be my favorite Mort song too! Favorite Mortification Album - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 10:16 pm

Dont get me wrong, I totally dig mort's thrash ventures but does anyone wonder what would have happened if they stuck to the "scrolls" and "break the curse" death metal with the carlisle, Rowe, Sherlock lineup?
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 10:29 pm

I love almost everything from Mortification catalog.
But to name some I would say. S/T, BLOOD WORLD(MY FIRST MORT ALBUM),scrolls, post momentary, hammer of god, envision, break the curse, silver chord is served.

This has to be the band that I have listen the most in my life
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mortification Album   Favorite Mortification Album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Mortification Album
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2