Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...

Go down 
+53
80s Metal Lady
Dr8breed74
oldschooldoom
powermacho
metalhead777
breathingliquid
Crazy Hippie
deathisgain
assault_attack
chewie
candlemass
Singwhatyoucan'tsay
Thelemech
Chrome Locust
bgsully
corplhicks
choosemetal
Boris2008
ultmetal
SpectreFate
AchrisK
metalken
Wurthless
Jesusandmetal23
Hamer12
Grimmo
Gilbert
brokentulsa
thejokeriv
nevermore
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
Mordor
Dave the Boss
TheGooch
Orion Crystal Ice
metalmaniac122
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
White_Mage
Selvmord
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Lurideath
Wargod
SAHB Healer
TrogDawn
mc666
Temple of Blood
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:
So quit one of the other, less essential boards! Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 309780

This is the only board where I post. I've tried to quit, but Spec and Freddy keep drawing me back in.
But surely, just one more small board won't hurt? It's only wafer thin! What a Face

Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Vi-wafer

emptytomb1 wrote:
I did the cave for awhile but I felt like an ignoramus. I like doom, those guys breathe eat and s##t it.
MetalGuy71 wrote:
That too. At least here, I can usually talk a prety good game, even when I am talking out of my asshat.
It is a way of life for sure, but you've never been to Hellride or doom-metal.com then, if you think we're bad. Neutral We do have rooms for the other types of music too, you know! And I can personally guarantee that no one will ever treat you like idiots when you're there (unless you beg us to) - Trog's honor. Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 309780

Just read our posting guidelines to get a feel for the spirit over there:

http://thecave.niceboard.com/stalactites-stalagmites-f1/guidelines-for-posting-t98.htm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 288219
emptytomb1 wrote:
See? Shawn just did a doom.
Technically, that's a doo-doom. What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:45 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Theatre Of Tragedy-Velvet Darkness They Fear
Fear Of God-Within The Veil
I'm not really familiar with these two. don\'t know

Theatre Of Tragedy-doom/death/gothic (basically the the first death/doom band to feature beauty and the beast vocals and slight orchestral sounds [violin and cello] later adopted by gothic and symphonic bands)

Fear Of God-combine doom, death, and thrash with haunting female vocals with banchee-like screams (sometimes fast and furious and sometimes slow and dark)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:48 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Fear Of God-combine doom, death, and thrash with haunting female vocals with banchee-like screams (sometimes fast and furious and sometimes slow and dark)
I've heard the Toxic Voodoo album, just not the album you mentioned. I didn't hear much doominess in that one, probably due to the presence of the thrash element.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:05 pm

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

This is the only board where I post. I've tried to quit, but Spec and Freddy keep drawing me back in.

Whoa buddy, don't blame your impending dismissal on me. That's clearly going to be all Freddy's fault!

Waitaminnit, waitaminnit... I wasn't the one hanging out on the street corner outside the Heart of Metal, wearing a short skirt and waving a handful of lollipops, going "Heyyyy, Metalguy. You likey postey-postey? Check it out. You post loooong time."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Waitaminnit, waitaminnit... I wasn't the one hanging out on the street corner outside the Heart of Metal, wearing a short skirt and waving a handful of lollipops, going "Heyyyy, Metalguy. You likey postey-postey? Check it out. You post loooong time."

But who could resist me?

Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Crossdresser

Last edited by spectrefate on Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:07 pm

See! How could I ever quit coming here?!?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:08 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

But who could resist me?

Laughing very hard

Dude, I don't think I even wanna know how you came up with that photo so quickly...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:15 pm

He keeps it in his Wallet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:16 pm

It's on my internet dating site profile.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:22 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
I've heard the Toxic Voodoo album, just not the album you mentioned. I didn't hear much doominess in that one, probably due to the presence of the thrash element.

No Toxic Voodoo is a totally different album from Within The Veil.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:24 pm

syrus wrote:
yeah, have in mind that rich -biggest twat of the lot- hehehe, also released officially the great latest demos from revelation....i didn't see any american interested in them back in 94-95.....only a twat from northern england,hehehehe( ok, there also was a germany guy but he is "lost" now.....
That idiot refused to sell me something because I liked a band he disliked! Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:27 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
No Toxic Voodoo is a totally different album from Within The Veil.
Yeah, I was surprised when I finally found a copy of Within The Veil. Totally different kind of album. Very slow and ominous.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 8:28 pm

Very Happy [wow][/wow]
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Selvmord wrote:
*cough* PENANCE *cough*

Very Happy

PENANCE!!!! Fantastic Doom band!!!

PENANCE (R.I.P.) Sad

Yeah, I really felt like they were really coming into thier own and then they broke up. What are those guys up to these days? More importantly, what's MARY up to these days? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:50 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

But who could resist me?

I never knew you used to hang out with Mario Lopez.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:43 pm

Selvmord wrote:
Very Happy [wow][/wow]
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Selvmord wrote:
*cough* PENANCE *cough*

Very Happy

PENANCE!!!! Fantastic Doom band!!!

PENANCE (R.I.P.) Sad

Yeah, I really felt like they were really coming into thier own and then they broke up. What are those guys up to these days? More importantly, what's MARY up to these days? Very Happy

Butch is in a new band called ARGUS.

www.myspace.com/theargus
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:01 pm

With pictures like that, you should listen to doom.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:23 pm

Inspired by this thread, I be rockin' some Cathedral THE ETHEREAL MIRROR up in this piece right now y'all!! 🤘

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:54 pm

Talkin' street and doom don't mix. Get it right!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:58 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Talkin' street and doom don't mix. Get it right!

Word up.

Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:35 pm

I've mentioned this album too many times here, but I can't resist. Sevenchurch-"Bleak Insight". Very slow, extremely proogy doom with Ian Curtis type vocals. There's a sample of them over on Trog's board. Don't look for instant gratification with that band though, ya gotta be payin' attention.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:49 pm

Quote :
ya gotta be payin' attention.

What are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:29 am

I love doom! Trouble, Place of Skulls, Cathedral, MSW etc... I think Crowbar's Odd Fellows Rest has a great doom/sludge sound, check it out.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:25 am

troublezone wrote:
I love doom! Trouble, Place of Skulls, Cathedral, MSW etc... I think Crowbar's Odd Fellows Rest has a great doom/sludge sound, check it out.
How 'bout these guys?

http://www.myspace.com/troglodawn

Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 309780
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:45 am

TrogDawn wrote:
troublezone wrote:
How 'bout these guys?

http://www.myspace.com/troglodawn

Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 309780
you guys have some badass riffs. as in Lust & Fallen World. a little to much ambience & softness for me though, if those other two songs are to be included.

TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:05 am

mc666 wrote:
you guys have some badass riffs. as in Lust & Fallen World.
That's probably the highest compliment you could have given me - thank you. What a Face

mc666 wrote:
a little to much ambience & softness for me though, if those other two songs are to be included.
That is true of the debut, which does have those elements present. The upcoming one (Darkest Void) should prove to be replete with riffage galore and plenty of brain doomage. Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 309780
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...
Page 4 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next