Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...

Go down 
+53
80s Metal Lady
Dr8breed74
oldschooldoom
powermacho
metalhead777
breathingliquid
Crazy Hippie
deathisgain
assault_attack
chewie
candlemass
Singwhatyoucan'tsay
Thelemech
Chrome Locust
bgsully
corplhicks
choosemetal
Boris2008
ultmetal
SpectreFate
AchrisK
metalken
Wurthless
Jesusandmetal23
Hamer12
Grimmo
Gilbert
brokentulsa
thejokeriv
nevermore
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
Mordor
Dave the Boss
TheGooch
Orion Crystal Ice
metalmaniac122
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
White_Mage
Selvmord
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Lurideath
Wargod
SAHB Healer
TrogDawn
mc666
Temple of Blood
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 1:21 pm

The genre, as a whole, is fairly new to me, but I like it. I only realized it existed in the last few years. While I was familiar with some of the bands, to categorize them as "doom metal" was unheard of to me.

Thank you, world wide web. You have opened up my eyes to so many great things, not just "2 girls, 1 cup" and monkey peeing videos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 1:53 pm

yeah.....nowadays everything slow or whatever seems to be categorised as doom metal....
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 2:59 pm

I like doom alot, but I've never been able to take Candlemass much. Messiah's always seemed ridiculous to me, like a bad King Diamond impression.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 3:03 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I like doom alot, but I've never been able to take Candlemass much. Messiah's always seemed ridiculous to me, like a bad King Diamond impression.

Really DC?

Hmmmmmmmm... try one of these....

Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 6a00d83545b6a253ef00e54f1faf508833-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 3:11 pm

Quote :
Thank you, world wide web. You have opened up my eyes to so many great things, not just "2 girls, 1 cup" and monkey peeing videos.

Right! You owned those on reel to reel and you know it.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 3:13 pm

spectrefate wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Really DC?

Hmmmmmmmm... try one of these....

Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 6a00d83545b6a253ef00e54f1faf508833-

A few lines of Mirror, Mirror would make my ears block back up. lol! Musically, they are great though. I really like "King Of The Grey Isles".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 3:14 pm

DeathCult wrote:

Musically, they are great though. I really like "King Of The Grey Isles".

I can't disagree with that logic. OK.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 3:18 pm

I hope they stick with this line-up though, I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 7:10 pm

Does anyone remember "The Lost Breed". They were more stoner than doom, kind of a cross between Obsessed and Motorhead I'd say. In fact I believe they had some connection with the Obsessed, don't remember what.
It's a pretty good CD from the mid 90's, although the production is bad by today's standards.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 7:40 pm

*cough* PENANCE *cough*

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 9:17 pm

Selvmord wrote:
*cough* PENANCE *cough*

Very Happy

PENANCE!!!! Fantastic Doom band!!!

PENANCE (R.I.P.) Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 10:36 pm

http://www.myspace.com/thegatesofslumber

Check out The Gates of Slumber. Those dudes absolutely hate me, but I still promote them because they write some badass music. I remember when I first posted on Hellride Music forums like two years ago, that entire forum ganged up on me because I said I liked The Sword. And we're not talking about just some good old forum hate; these dudes were threatening to murder me! Haha.

That was a good few weeks I spent there taunting them. Great band, though!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 11:21 pm

The owners/admins of Hellride and many of its population are good people, but there are some regulars who are the most miserable pricks on the planet and thrive on elitism and trying to make others as miserable as they themselves are. Two summers ago, a few of them threw a massive shitfit over the CDA that was comparable to that Sword flamewar you mentioned, Eyesore. It's a pretty cool place with some great info and discussion about many obscure bands as long as you can ignore the kindergarten element.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:50 am

TrogDawn wrote:
The owners/admins of Hellride and many of its population are good people, but there are some regulars who are the most miserable pricks on the planet and thrive on elitism and trying to make others as miserable as they themselves are. Two summers ago, a few of them threw a massive shitfit over the CDA that was comparable to that Sword flamewar you mentioned, Eyesore. It's a pretty cool place with some great info and discussion about many obscure bands as long as you can ignore the kindergarten element.
Yeah, Chris, the owner, sent me a PM and apologized. He basically sort of said even though he's apologizing, there's really nothing he can do about it. That forum is the C.O.T.D. headquarters now. Haha. I still visit it, and I occasionally post, and a few people are cool with me, but if I posted more that idiot MISKATONIC wouldn't do anything but troll everything I post, always replying "F*CK OFF, KEN!" Rolling Eyes

All that hate simply because I pointed out that The Sword wasn't just a band did nothing but play one show and get signed. I pointed out that they'd released two demos prior to getting signed. And they signed to a stinkin' indie label! Apparently that shined a light on their ignorance and they got mad. Haha. Oh well. Good info on the forum, and great music on the main site. And even though the guys in the Gates of Slumber have threatened to kill me, I'm still a fan. Laughing
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:53 am

Doom Metal rules its probally my 2nd or 3rd favorite metal sub-genre

I'm more of an old-school doom fan I'm not really into that synthy-goth stuff.

for me I think doom and stoner go hand in hand so I'll often call stoner bands doom and vice versa but thats just me
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 1:06 am

Doom is my favorite genre of metal. Lots of diverse bands/styles.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 2:26 am

It's too bad Gates of Slumber are pricks, but man can they rock!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 2:49 am

Eyesore wrote:
but if I posted more that idiot MISKATONIC wouldn't do anything but troll everything I post, always replying "F*CK OFF, KEN!"
Yeah, Miskatonic is the biggest twat of the lot. That guy would complain if you hung him with a new rope! Rolling Eyes One thing that's cool about Hellride is they have that "ignore" feature built into their board where you can't see certain people's posts if you so choose. He was the first one I put on it! Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 309780

But yeah, Chris is a good guy. He and his right hand man (his name escapes me at the moment) totally supported me when all hell broke loose over the CDA. They just told me to let them handle it and not flame back, and they ended up removing all of the off-topic, hateful posts from my thread (which was just about all of them). Now the thread has my updates and says it has something like 5000 posts, but they're all gone! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 7:49 am

Quote :
biggest twat of the lot

Is that going to be a new Troglodyte Dawn song title? 🤘

Oh, and Hellride does have some cool people...Butch from PENANCE used to post there, as well as Jim from REVELATION & his wife Jessica....cool people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 8:18 am

yeah, have in mind that rich -biggest twat of the lot- hehehe, also released officially the great latest demos from revelation....i didn't see any american interested in them back in 94-95.....only a twat from northern england,hehehehe( ok, there also was a germany guy but he is "lost" now.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 8:40 am

REVELATION is an awesome band!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:05 am

Love me some Trouble... some Cathedral... some Obsessed...

No other love for Cathedral? I don't think I've seen them mentioned yet.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:06 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Love me some Trouble... some Cathedral... some Obsessed...

...some Revelation...some Penance...some Saint Vitus...some Candlemass...some Solstice...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:10 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I saw Cathedral on the Carnival Bizarre tour in Huntington, WV. Had a drink with the guys as well. Real nice mother goose. But I am totally burnt out on the majority of their music. I listened to it TOO much back in the 95-96-97 era. But I still really love Forest of Equilibrium.

Last edited by spectrefate on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:13 am

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I saw Cathedral on the Carnival Bizarre tour in Huntington, WV. Had a drink with the guys as well. Real nice mother goose. But I am totally burnt out on the majority of their music. I listened to it TOO much back in the 95-95-97 era. But I still really love Forest of Equilibrium.

I saw them open for Fight (w/Rob Halford) in 1993, which I believe would've been their ETHEREAL MIRROR album/tour. Kind of an odd combo of bands but Cathedral were great that night. E.M. is still my fave CD of theirs.

I still find it somewhat odd that Lee Dorrian sang on parts of Napalm Death's SCUM LP... I can't believe it's the same guy when I hear that N.D. stuff!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...
Page 2 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next