Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...

Go down 
+53
80s Metal Lady
Dr8breed74
oldschooldoom
powermacho
metalhead777
breathingliquid
Crazy Hippie
deathisgain
assault_attack
chewie
candlemass
Singwhatyoucan'tsay
Thelemech
Chrome Locust
bgsully
corplhicks
choosemetal
Boris2008
ultmetal
SpectreFate
AchrisK
metalken
Wurthless
Jesusandmetal23
Hamer12
Grimmo
Gilbert
brokentulsa
thejokeriv
nevermore
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
Mordor
Dave the Boss
TheGooch
Orion Crystal Ice
metalmaniac122
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
White_Mage
Selvmord
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Lurideath
Wargod
SAHB Healer
TrogDawn
mc666
Temple of Blood
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 3:16 pm

The Demon Eye record is also streaming

http://www.metal.de/doom-metal/news/demon-eye/61040-metalde-praesentiert-offizielle-albumpremiere-von-tempora-infernalia/
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 6:34 pm

Demon Eye are gearing up for some record release shows pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 10:40 am

A couple of things that I'm all over at the moment, firstly a new single by Griftegard a cover of Aphrodite's Child's The Four Horsemen and featuring the incredible Farida Lamouchi (ex The Devil's Blood) who hasn't done anything since her brother's death and I was worried that she might just walk away. Anyway it's amazing!

https://soundcloud.com/v-n-records/griftegard-the-four-horsemen

and secondly the incredible Bathsheba, imagine a collaboration between Jex Thoth and Triptykon and you wouldn't be that far off. Crushing! (oh and it's Michelle Nogon from Death Penalty & Serpentcult on vocals Very Happy )

https://soundcloud.com/svart-records/bathsheba-the-sleepless-gods

headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 8:09 am

Just came across Valkyrie. You can listen to the whole album here:
https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/playlists/86896877&color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 10:54 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Just came across Valkyrie. You can listen to the whole album here:
https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/playlists/86896877&color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false

Really digging the Valkyrie album!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 2:43 pm

For fans of female-fronted doom. Or just regular, old doom too I guess, should find something to like here.

Lucifer's 'Izrael'

Sorta reminds me of stuff like Bloody Hammers or Uncle Acid too.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 7:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
For fans of female-fronted doom. Or just regular, old doom too I guess, should find something to like here.

Lucifer's 'Izrael'

Yeah, this is the new band with the chick from The Oath. I've enjoyed the samples and will likely pick it up at some point.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Lucifer's 'Izrael'

Yeah, this is the new band with the chick from The Oath. I've enjoyed the samples and will likely pick it up at some point.

Gaz Jennings from Cathedral is also in this band.This is my first time hearing any of their music. It sounds good! The female singer is on the new cover of Decibel magazine. And the band landed one of the opening slots on the upcoming High On Fire tour. So they are generating a little buzz.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 6:17 pm

nevermore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Lucifer's 'Izrael'

Gaz Jennings from Cathedral is also in this band.This is my first time hearing any of their music. It sounds good! The female singer is on the new cover of Decibel magazine. And the band landed one of the opening slots on the upcoming High On Fire tour. So they are generating a little buzz.

I think that GJ has been drafted in to save this one as the far superior Death Penalty is still his main gig (he's going under the name 'The Wizard in Lucifer and doesn't appear in the photos)

I don't know why but it's doing about as much for me as The Oath did which wasn't much, It's okay I guess.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 1:47 pm

nevermore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Lucifer's 'Izrael'

According to the press release I took the video from, Jennings is a co-writer and did some studio work on the album but is not an official member of the band.

Is The Oath worth getting? I had some initial interest, but couldn't find a cheap copy and eventually forgot about them.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 8:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Is The Oath worth getting? I had some initial interest, but couldn't find a cheap copy and eventually forgot about them.

I'd say so, yeah. It's quite good. Nothing new, but quality all the way through.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 11:03 pm

New Black Inside album coming in June!

They're not full-on doom, but it's there.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 10:23 am

Just came across these guys. And diggin it.
https://gorgantherron.bandcamp.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 11:13 pm

Hmm, no music yet but a band definitely worth checking out is With The Dead. Lee Dorian (ex Cathedral) Mark Greening & Tim Bagshaw (ex Electric Wizard)

Sounds heavy!! headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 11:35 pm

I checked out both The Oath and Lucifer and lasted about 1 song for each band. Man, I really must be completely burnt out on this stuff because I haven't heard anything I've really liked for a couple years now.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 6:54 am

S.D. wrote:
I checked out both The Oath and Lucifer and lasted about 1 song for each band.  Man, I really must be completely burnt out on this stuff because I haven't heard anything I've really liked for a couple years now.  

Or it could be that those two bands are horribly over hyped and over rated. The Oath started off brightly but the album was disappointing. Lucifer didn't do a thing for me. If you want a band that does it right then it's Death Penalty for me.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 5:24 pm

I like Lucifer more than The Oath.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 1:06 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
If you want a band that does it right then it's Death Penalty for me.

This one just arrived in the mail today. As I'm listening to it, I'm surprised how "upbeat" it is. I think I was expecting more slow-paced doom. Not that I'm complaining. Sounds pretty darn good to my ears.

\'arry \'eadbanger

After the :50 intro, strap yourself in and hold on...

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 3:32 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
If you want a band that does it right then it's Death Penalty for me.

This one just arrived in the mail today. As I'm listening to it, I'm surprised how "upbeat" it is. I think I was expecting more slow-paced doom. Not that I'm complaining. Sounds pretty darn good to my ears.

\'arry \'eadbanger

After the :50 intro, strap yourself in and hold on...

For slow, crushing brilliant doom you want Michelle's other band Bathsheba.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 3:54 pm

That might be a little too slow and plodding for me. Maybe though, if the mood is right. I'll stick to her work in Serpent Cult and this Death Penalty. Good stuff.

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 3:55 pm

I've never quite understood where people got the idea that this style of music *has* to be slow, whether you're talking about doom or stoner or any of the other varieties.  Black Sabbath had fast songs, Witchfinder General had fast songs, Trouble had fast songs...maybe it was Candlemass that started it (even though they would occasionally go uptempo)?  

I think this music was better off before the "doom" tag got added to it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 4:01 pm

Dunno. I've mostly associated "doom" with slower tempos. Not always, obviously but mostly. And 9 times outta 10, when a doom band does break out of that mode, I'm pleasantly surprised. I guess it's just the tempo they are mostly associated with.

I didn't know the whole "doom genre" existed before I started sniffing around Ult's site and then came here.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 4:04 pm

S.D. wrote:
I've never quite understood where people got the idea that this style of music *has* to be slow, whether you're talking about doom or stoner or any of the other varieties.  Black Sabbath had fast songs, Witchfinder General had fast songs, Trouble had fast songs...maybe it was Candlemass that started it (even though they would occasionally go uptempo)?  

I think this music was better off before the "doom" tag got added to it.

There's plenty of room for all of these bands. Personally I don't care, slow or uptempo so long as they bring the crushing riffs.  headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 4:08 pm

Don't get me wrong, I actually prefer slower tempos for the most part and I like the dramatic quality of things slowly developing and growing in intensity over 6 or 7 minutes.

Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 11:29 pm

How about a 'pay what you want' bandcamp download of nearly three hours of doom:

https://nefariousrealm.bandcamp.com/album/volume-i-doom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...
Page 19 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next