Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...

Go down 
+53
80s Metal Lady
Dr8breed74
oldschooldoom
powermacho
metalhead777
breathingliquid
Crazy Hippie
deathisgain
assault_attack
chewie
candlemass
Singwhatyoucan'tsay
Thelemech
Chrome Locust
bgsully
corplhicks
choosemetal
Boris2008
ultmetal
SpectreFate
AchrisK
metalken
Wurthless
Jesusandmetal23
Hamer12
Grimmo
Gilbert
brokentulsa
thejokeriv
nevermore
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
Mordor
Dave the Boss
TheGooch
Orion Crystal Ice
metalmaniac122
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
White_Mage
Selvmord
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Lurideath
Wargod
SAHB Healer
TrogDawn
mc666
Temple of Blood
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Windhand is excellent. Chick singer, too.

Checked out a new track by Windhand earlier. I liked it a lot!! For some reason I was thinking they were one of those doom bands with the black metal type vocals. I was happy they weren't that way. Glad I decided to check them out!!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 7:56 pm

A couple of bands that I checked out as the vinyl is pretty cheap, I think that I'm gonna get both. Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:36 pm

Kroh is outstanding. Good call on that one.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 4:36 pm

Wow what a great thread. I love Doom Metal as well but I was unfamiliar with a few of these artists -that I am going to seek out on CD.

My favorite styles of metal are - Trad. Metal
Thrash Metal
Death Metal
Doom Metal

..just thought I would throw that out there Cool 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 11:27 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Thought I'd post this for the vinyl junkies here that the awesome Bloody Hammers S/T debut is getting a 2nd vinyl press (I'm delighted about this as I thought that I'd got a first press, only to be told a month later that the stockist didn't actually have any! angry)

Plus, there's a second album in the works, not out till Oct, but this is the cover

Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 8489_510

Attention all Bloody Hammers fan (that means you eyesore!) Amazon has 30 second clips of all of the songs from the new album and it sounds killer! headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 11:55 pm

Nice! Sounds great. Samples aren't on Amazon.com, so here's the link for anyone else interested in hearing it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spiritual-Relics/dp/B00EQ2FXG4

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 11:56 pm

And I think I posted this before, but I'll do so again. Anders Manga's solo stuff is definitely worth checking out as well.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 2:09 am

I'm gonna bump my post on Monolith Cult because I think that this is a fantastic record and they seem to be getting no love at all Crying or Very sad 

Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Monoli11

http://www.roadburn.com/2013/07/album-of-the-day-monolith-cult-run-from-the-light/

This is by no means the best song on the album but a fair representation of what they are about. Proper Doom metal with great vocals.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 10:25 am

Oh hell yeah! headbanger 

Got mine pre ordered! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:21 pm

Nice! headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Singwhatyoucan'tsay
Metal novice
Metal novice
Singwhatyoucan'tsay

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 8:44 pm

One of my favorites, Ava Inferi.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 8:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Get this!

Easily one of the best doom albums to come out in the last few years.
Very good album, these guys have their shit together.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 9:16 pm

The Age of Taurus album is fantastic.

I also just "acquired" some Revelation albums, which I'm really digging.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 10:42 pm

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Get this!

Easily one of the best doom albums to come out in the last few years.
Very good album, these guys have their shit together.
Finally got my vinyl copy of this the other day. Rise Above had serious problems with this one. Fantastic metal record.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 10:53 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Oh hell yeah! headbanger 

Got mine pre ordered! Very Happy 
Dang. Now I'm gonna be 2 albums behind on these guys. Good stuff.

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 12:40 pm

I sampled some Bloody Hammers but it's not really doing anything for me.

Age of Taurus was a pleasant surprise so I've filled my doom quotient for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 1:02 pm

S.D. wrote:

Age of Taurus was a pleasant surprise so I've filled my doom quotient for awhile.
Have you heard Revelation? Lots of 70s rock/prog mixed in. It's great stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 1:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Have you heard Revelation? Lots of 70s rock/prog mixed in. It's great stuff.
I'll check out those samples you posted, thanks!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 1:25 pm

S.D. wrote:

I'm feeling just the opposite.

The Age of Taurus, while decent enough, didn't seem to do much for me. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing that other doom bands haven't covered.

Bloody Hammers seemed a little more interesting to me right off the bat. And tits. Can't forget tits on the cover.

I'm basing opinions of both bands on very limited listening experience though. I'll probably end up buying both at some point anyway. Like Jell-o, there is always room for more doom. What a Face 

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 2:05 pm

Age of Taurus has more polish than a lot of these groups, not just in the performance but also in the production of the album, it sounds professional instead of "garage-y".  They also do some of those Trouble-influenced guitar harmonies which I've always liked.

I completely agree that they aren't doing anything even remotely new here, but it's enjoyable enough when in the mood for some mid-80s style doom metal.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 8:25 am

I like these guys. Irish doom

You can get their 2 track demo from bandcamp for free! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 12:23 pm

This is Stone Magnum from Indiana. The drummer is one of our DJ's on the station and the guitar player is a good friend of mine Deano, some may know him from Skullview!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Mount Salem just recently signed to Metal Blade. Their Endless release is going to be re-issued in early 2014 with 2 new tracks.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:29 pm

nevermore wrote:
Mount Salem just recently signed to Metal Blade. Their Endless release is going to be re-issued in early 2014 with 2 new tracks.
Saw that. Glad the EP was cheap, but I'll probably still wait to find it used unless it's on sale for like $6.99 when it first comes out.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 10:03 pm

Eyesore wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Saw that. Glad the EP was cheap, but I'll probably still wait to find it used unless it's on sale for like $6.99 when it first comes out.
I probably won't buy the re-release either unless I find it pretty cheap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...
Page 12 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next