Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Somewhere in Time

Go down 
+20
Svengo
80smetalrocks
7thSaviour
thejokeriv
arttieTHE1manparty
Troublezone
kmorg
Thrasher73
TH Joe
scottmitchell74
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
INVADERS
Lurideath
KissinMaiden
Required Fields
GrandNational
Invader
caniplaywithmadness?
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

Somewhere in Time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:23 am

My first Maiden record and a very good one at that. I would play "Wasted Years" over and over.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:48 am

Interesting lp... Adrian got to show his stuff
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 8:31 am

I still have the original vinyl version, and need to upgrade to CD, but an excellent album and like James B said, maybe Adrian Smith's finest hour. Loaded with great songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 8:32 am

mc666 wrote:
it's my alltime favorite Iron Maiden.

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 8:50 am

SOMEWHERE IN TIME was the first Maiden album I owned. I had been aware of them for several years of course, and had dubbed a few of their earlier albums from friends but S.I.T. was the first one I ran out and bought as a new release. Still gets fairly regular spins round my house.

It's worth tracking down a copy of the 2-CD Castle Records reissue from '95 just to hear the hilarious B-side "Sheriff of Huddersfield," which is an ode to their manager, Rod Smallwood. ("We're on a mission from Rod.")

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 10:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
SOMEWHERE IN TIME was the first Maiden album I owned. I had been aware of them for several years of course, and had dubbed a few of their earlier albums from friends but S.I.T. was the first one I ran out and bought as a new release. Still gets fairly regular spins round my house.

It's worth tracking down a copy of the 2-CD Castle Records reissue from '95 just to hear the hilarious B-side "Sheriff of Huddersfield," which is an ode to their manager, Rod Smallwood. ("We're on a mission from Rod.")

That song is also on the 2 disc best of the B Sides cd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Somewhere in Time
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2